Errno21 installing Emby PlugIn on Freenas

mapped

Hello 

Plugin Installation of Emby fails with Error:[Errno 21] Is a directory: 'emby'

There was a working installation earlier which was deleted (no Emby Jail listed anymore with iocage list)

FreeNAS-11.3-U4.1

Installation of other Plugins is working just Emby Plugin fails, what can be done to get the Plugin installation of Emby working again

Thanks and regards

Mapped

I've got no experience installing via the plugin, have always done it manually.

I would start troubleshooting by using WinSCP or similar and browse to your iocage directory. Just looking at the error it sounds like the jail was removed but the emby folder was left behind, then trying to re-install throws an error because it's trying to create a folder that already exists. Rename or delete the folder and try again.

Yes this is also my impression. But where should this folder be? As mentioned I checked  the iocage jails for something pointing to an unsuccesfully destroyed emby jail. But there are just the ones that still work. I searched with putty and winscp.

Will FreeNas create something like an initial folder on the systems partition before creating and continung from in the jail itself? I don't find anything named "Emby" on the Systemdrive on wich FreeNAS is installed...?

Where could this folder be that I could remove it manually? I made several tests during which I installed the emby plugin without above mentioned error several time yesterday. After figuring out everything I wanted to install the plugin and keeping it the issue occured.

The name of the Emy jail was "emby_1", only the plugin name is 'emby' (as in the error message) . My assumption woud be that this is still an entry somewhere. Does anybody where this could be, an where the entry could be removed?

Help is really appreciated 😉

Solved! As stated by MRobi the jail was removed but a dir named emby still reside in the root folder - and I did not recognize it although I searched for it...

After deletion the plugin gets installed again, thanks!

Edited by mapped
  • Like 1

I've seen it before when a jail fails during creation it's already created the folder but doesn't complete so it doesn't show up in the jails list. Then when trying to create again it says it already exists. Plugins are essentially scripted installs in the GUI so I assumed it was something along these lines. I guess my wild guess was right! LOL

Glad to hear you got it working.