Emby app and New Chromecast with Google TV ?

nicko84
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

• Solution

Hi.  Yes.  If you search the app store for "Emby"  you should see it.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

All,

I just bought a chromecast with google tv

If i search in apps, I don't get Emby.

Also the first time you configure google tv, he looks for apps allready installed on other devices (Finds my kodi,...) but he does not pick up emby.

Cis

54 minutes ago, cisfi5h said:

All,

I just bought a chromecast with google tv

If i search in apps, I don't get Emby.

Also the first time you configure google tv, he looks for apps allready installed on other devices (Finds my kodi,...) but he does not pick up emby.

Cis

What emby apps do you have installed?

Hi Luke,

That's quick.

On my phone I have emby app (Samsung A41 with Android 10). If I connect this phone in my car with Android Auto, I can open apps like emby (Only audio libraries but that's fine and normal), waze, tunein,...

The setup wizard from chromecast with google tv did find the tunein app (saying found on your other devices).

But ot the emby android app.

If I go in chromecast with google tv to apps and search, I don't get emby (Plex, Kodi,... works if I search for it).

But if I open the app store app on chromecast with google tv, I was able to find Emby app.

So i think searching for emby app doesn't work in the UI front (Google tv) that google build on top of android tv. But it will install emby if you go through the play store app first.

TNX!!

Cis 

Luke,

And I must say, it is working fine.

Also changed the Netflix button on chromecast with google tv remote with Emby (and a nice emby sticker on top of the netflix logo) :)

Tnx

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cisfi5h said:

Luke,

Also changed the Netflix button on chromecast with google tv remote with Emby (and a nice emby sticker on top of the netflix logo) :)

Tnx

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the feedback.

dexta211
12 hours ago, cisfi5h said:

Luke,

Tnx

I don't suppose you've had a look at what the device will direct play?

Quite interested in getting one and comparing it to the Roku setup I have now.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
italo.bravo

I just bought a new Chromecast with Google TV. The Emby app doesn't show as a result of an app search... Any idea what might be happening, the puzzling thing is that I do have Emby client installed in another Chromecast with Google TV... I am scratching my head...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, italo.bravo said:

I just bought a new Chromecast with Google TV. The Emby app doesn't show as a result of an app search... Any idea what might be happening, the puzzling thing is that I do have Emby client installed in another Chromecast with Google TV... I am scratching my head...