Won't let me Erase or Change Guide Data or Provider

RobiSerri

RobiSerri

I just rearranged my channels and now I want to change the Guide Data but it won't let me erase it, I just can swap it by another channel from the same provider. But what if I want to change provider as well, it wont let me do it as it stays on and now I have two different providers mapped for the same channel.

Also, it wont let me erase the mapped guide and leave it blank. I rather have it blank than mapped to a channel that is not the correct one.

Please help.

Hi, You can't erase a mapping but you can assign it a new mapping.  What ever you map it to last should be what it uses.

The channel can't be mapped to two different listings.

RobiSerri

I understand this, Cayars, thanks for the reply.

But what if I made a mistake and want to change the mapping to a different listing? It won´t let me "erase" the previous one and now the channel is mapped on two listings. You said it will use the last one mapped, that is ok. But what if I want it to be blank because this new channel doesn´t have a matching listing and blank is better. 

There should be an option to RESET listings to blank. This would be really helpfull because, sometimes we make mistakes.

mark-in-dallas

If you are using an M3U file, which I'm guessing that you are because you said that you rearranged the channels, what you can do is remove that channel from the M3U file and create a new M3U, tuner source and guide data provider for the channel and map to a different provider, just make sure that the guide data providers are associated only with their corresponding tuner sources

• Like 1

RobiSerri

Ok, that would help with the mapping issue, but now the newly created channel is on another number (the last in the sequence) and Xtreme UI won´t let me use the deleted number again.

When I said rearranged above, meant that I swaped the whole content (url, metadata and logo) but the guide listing couldn´t be changed to another provider, so this channel is now mapped on two providers, one is correct and the other one is not. And of course, it is showing the wrong one.

Couldn't I just delete the whole provider, refresh Guide Data to blank and then add the right provider and do the mapping correctly?