Unable to play TV/Movies with EmbyCon in Kodi sometimes.

Skyecairns

Skyecairns

My Emby server is on my pc and i use embycon on a tablet and two raspberry pi2's. My problem is only with my raspberry pi.  Usually I can watch a tv program or movie without a problem but sometimes I can navigate in kodi but when i select a show and press enter nothing happens or at most it asks do you want to start the movie at the beginning or at 4:23 for example.  Pressing enter does nothing.  If I reboot the raspberry all is well. It is only recently this has happened anyone have a similar problem.  Again watching on PC or Tablet all is well.

Thanks

Skye

Skyecairns

Yes.  I can move around choosing different selections but when i select a show nothing happens.  The problem comes and goes.  A reboot fixes the problem.  Only happens on my 2 Raspberrys.  Its not contagious as one of my raspberrys still works.

Skyecairns

It has verbose logging to enable component specific logging.  Just not sure what component to log.  There's 16 choices.

Skyecairns

The problem is around 10:26-8.  Thanks for any help.  Theres one line that says INFO: CFileCache::Process - Source read didn't return any data! Hit eof(?)

Not sure if thats the problem.  Thanks for any input.  BTW can you add cc to movies in the Emby app or Emby server like you can in EmbyCon?

Kodi2.log Server.log

Skyecairns

I think so. It was the most recent log.  Got it after my unsuccessful attempts.  The strange thing is If  I do an update it temporarily works just like a reboot.  I turned off my raspberry last night so far it works but I haven't had many attempts.

TeamB
3 hours ago, Skyecairns said:

The strange thing is If  I do an update it temporarily works just like a reboot.

What do you mean by an update?

Skyecairns

In kodi-myaddins-embycon-update.  In Kodi if I update the addon even tho there's nothing to update and auto update is on.

Skyecairns

Not sure what's E4k is.  If it's the emby app I installed it to see if it worked better than embycon

TeamB
1 hour ago, Skyecairns said:

In kodi-myaddins-embycon-update.  In Kodi if I update the addon even tho there's nothing to update and auto update is on.

This might trigger an add-on service restart with restarts the EmbyCon playback service, if the service stopped running (crashed) or is locked up then this would probably fix it. Its a bit like doing a restart but only restarting the Add-on

1 hour ago, Skyecairns said:

Not sure what's E4k is.  If it's the emby app I installed it to see if it worked better than embycon

E4K is "Emby for Kodi"

There are two add-ons, EmbyCon and Emby For Kodi, and a third is in the works, read this for a short description of the current status of all the add-ons:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/86968-current-status-of-all-the-kodi-add-ons/

From your log file you have BOTH EmbyCon and Emby for Kodi installed. Do you need both?

Also your log is a Kodi debug log not an Add-on Debug log, this give you lots of info about what Kodi is doing but not much about what the add-on is doing.

My Suggestion would be to start from scratch with one of the Pis you are having issuesd with, ONLY install EmbyCon.

If the problem persists turn on EmbyCon Debug logging to get some details:

- Turn OFF Kodi Debug logging
 - Turn on EmbyCon debug logging in EmbyCon Settings -> Advanced -> Turn on debug logging
 - Restart Kodi
 - Reproduce the issue
 - PM me the log

Edited by TeamB