Check for plugin updates failed

D1056

Having troubles with metadata not adding to new uploads.

getting error  (Check for plugin updates failed)in alerts:

Connection to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json timed out
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePackagesWithoutRegistrationInfo(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePluginUpdates(Version applicationVersion, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.PluginUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Happy2Play

The task runs every 3 hours, how many times has it happened?  Can you post a server log.

Happy2Play

The log posted above is a nightly rollover log that only covers 51 minute.  Would need to see previous log if error happened recently.

Hi, you have connections to our domain timing out, as well as MovieDb. So it looks like you have something blocking Emby Server from sending outgoing communications. Typical causes of this are firewall, security software, or VPN.

I understand, but nonetheless that is the most typical cause. Another thing you could try is disabling ipv6 in your router as a couple people have mentioned that having an impact.

I don't know what to say other than it appears that something is blocking the server from sending those outgoing requests.

if you restart the server it will run the task on startup, and then a couple times per day after that.

mark-in-dallas

I had the exact same issues starting last Friday:  Plugin updates failing and meta data not being added to new programs or being able to be refreshed.   I also had an M3U URL being blocked.  In my case it turned out to be the router deciding that it no longer liked some traffic from that machine.  A factory reset of the router and updating to the latest firmware did not fix the issue, but flashing DD-WRT firmware did.  My router is a Linksys WRT1900 ACS.

What was really odd was that before determining that it was indeed the router I installed Emby Server on another machine (Windows 10) and everything worked fine on that machine, which should have meant that the router was not the issue, but  I was able to narrow it down to the router by disconnecting it from the machine that was having problems and connecting it directly to the modem, and when I did so everything  did work.

Before changing the router firmware I went through all configuration settings on the router, tried changing the I.P. address and connecting to a different ethernet port.  I have no idea why the router suddenly started disliking some traffic from that machine, while allowing the same traffic though on another box, and had never seen anything like it before.  The machine that I had the problems with is running Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon, which is based on Ubuntu 20.0.4.

Edited by mark-in-dallas