MBC - Press button to get plot or synopsis

tired dad

tired dad

Hello,

I'd like to see a button in MBC to bring up the movie synopsis.  Since the new screen overrides the old Media Centre overlay, maybe we could repurpose the "info" button?

Failnig that, maybe when pressing "play" or "pause", the synopsis/plot could be shown as well as the other info that is ther.

• Like 1

AdrianW

Pretty sure ebr has mentioned that the info button can't be captured - but I agree that adding the synopsis to the new overlay screen would be a good idea.

Not a terrible idea but, if you launched playback from the detail screen, pressing "back" will take you back there with the video still playing in view.

This basically will give you the full details overlaid on the playing video.

• Like 1

tired dad

Not a terrible idea but, if you launched playback from the detail screen, pressing "back" will take you back there with the video still playing in view.

This basically will give you the full details overlaid on the playing video.

True... but it's more key presses :-)

I tried your idea and when MBC goes back to the details screen, on the theme I am using (Square), I can see a small version of the movie playing. However, in order to go back to fullscreen, I have to select the resume icon, which is not as smooth an experience as a four second plot summary been shown at the press of a single button and then removing itself automatically.

Just my opinion!

• 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Jobinho
On 8/14/2021 at 11:09 AM, Luke said:

Enjoy.

how can I set the automatical plot (synopsis) for mocies o tv shows in my server?

28 minutes ago, Jobinho said:

how can I set the automatical plot (synopsis) for mocies o tv shows in my server?

Hi there, what metadata fetchers are enabled on your movies library, and in what order?

3 hours ago, Jobinho said:

Please see image attached

image.jpg

Try putting MovieDb back to the first position, then refresh metadata on one of your titles.