EMBY seems to be getting confused with metadata

Chalklands

Chalklands

Hi,

I have EMBY on my Windows 10 laptop with my libraries on an external disk drive. All seems fine except I've noticed a couple of instances where EMBY seems to be getting some Extras/Specials mixed up, or I might be doing something wrong. For example:

923639774_Screenshot2020-10-16182252.thumb.png.2adb85327000bf4282a0c73ebc59c231.png

Although the path address in the metadata manager is for a file called 'Deleted Scenes - Series 1', it is showing uo correctly in the library as 'The mMniseries' and the Miniseries episode plays when I select it in the library. I'm mighty confused! I've tried rebooting the laptop and the emby server. Any ideas?

Chalklands

Thanks for the reply. It seems to be because I had a file called 'Deleted Scenes - Series 1'. I renamed it to 'Deleted Scenes Series (1)' and everything seems fine. Not sure why, but it works.

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, Chalklands said:

Hi,

I have EMBY on my Windows 10 laptop with my libraries on an external disk drive. All seems fine except I've noticed a couple of instances where EMBY seems to be getting some Extras/Specials mixed up, or I might be doing something wrong. For example:

923639774_Screenshot2020-10-16182252.thumb.png.2adb85327000bf4282a0c73ebc59c231.png

Although the path address in the metadata manager is for a file called 'Deleted Scenes - Series 1', it is showing uo correctly in the library as 'The mMniseries' and the Miniseries episode plays when I select it in the library. I'm mighty confused! I've tried rebooting the laptop and the emby server. Any ideas?

Server log should show how that naming is being queried to provider.  For items that are not Specials you have to watch naming scheme as you do run into issue like this.  Also there is no true Extras for TV Shows currently.  So if places with Specials you have to ensure there is no S00Exx overlap.

Chalklands

Thanks for the reply.

I think the problem was that I had a number of specials labelled as, for example: 'Series 1 - Deleted Scenes' with no S00Exx number, which was causing the issue.

Renaming them 'Series (1) Deleted Scenes' seems to be the workaround.

Deathsquirrel

For TV extras you really should name everything following the same naming conventions as other TV episodes.  The ideal format fr this will be something like E:\media\TV\Battlestar Galactica (2003)\Season 00\Battlestar Galactica (2003) S00E101 Deleted Scenes Series 1.m4v.

When the extra exists on thetvdb.com, use their episode numbering s you get metadata automatically.  When it doesn't I recommend starting with a numbering scheme of <season number>01 or <season number>001 so a season 2 extra would be S00E201 or S00E2001.  That keeps things in reasonable order with all your extras grouped together by the season they're relevant to.

• Like 1