jefferyrdavis

jefferyrdavis
10 hours ago, JerryPenguin said:

Despite the workaround, I have now switched to the docker version and it runs without problems on my QNAP and the current firmware.

Can you tell me what parameters you used in container station to get this working? I've not used docker before. Thanks.

I also have these warnings

emby2.png.0025b749d4c99d3de7e23d6b3d304183.pngemby.png.6871aeb0926dd667f62926b5d38c30b7.png

But emby server works without problems on my Qnap 🧐

Edited by karry996

cosmotherobot

In case this helps anyone -   be sure 'Allow installation of applications without a valid digital signature'  is checked (App Center > Settings).    Otherwise it will revert the Qboost setting back to Never Enabled every time you open the App Center.

image.png.1a5018ef63d8373554cb74d736e397e0.png

Edited by cosmotherobot
clarification

2 hours ago, cosmotherobot said:

In case this helps anyone -   be sure 'Allow installation of applications without a valid digital signature'  is checked (App Center > Settings).    Otherwise it will revert the Qboost setting back to Never Enabled every time you open the App Center.

image.png.1a5018ef63d8373554cb74d736e397e0.png

Does not work.
Since I did the firmware update on my qnap the emby doesn't work.
Is there a possibility to downgrade the firmware?

cosmotherobot
7 hours ago, avense said:

Does not work.
Since I did the firmware update on my qnap the emby doesn't work.
Is there a possibility to downgrade the firmware?

Have you also enabled Emby in  Qboost's application management?    Open Qboost > click the three dots underneath the app list > Enable Emby

Edited by cosmotherobot
removing possibly dangerous suggestion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cosmotherobot said:

Have you also enabled Emby in  Qboost's application management?    Open Qboost > click the three dots underneath the app list > Enable Emby

But you should be able to downgrade the firmware on your QNAP  by installing the previous firmware manually.  Don't do this without a full backup first.

thanks i will try....

Edited by avense
error

But you should be able to downgrade the firmware on your QNAP  by installing the previous firmware manually.  Don't do this without a full backup first.

it is not recommended to do the downgrade  previous firmware 4.5.x.x to 4.4.x.x

normally it can be done, but qnap does not recommend doing it for this version

Edited by karry996

Still not working give me error in reproduction

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

1 minute ago, avense said:

Still not working give me error in reproduction

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

Hi, we're happy to help. Please see how to report a problem. Thanks.

• Confused 1

Thanks to everyone I managed to solve the problem.
In order not to spend this update some addons stop working due to digital signatures, as it changed the partitions of the external disk that it had, so it gave error in the reproduction ....
Thanks to anyone who tried to help
Be careful with updates

cosmotherobot
45 minutes ago, karry996 said:

Thanks - i'll edit my post

mr.alien
4 hours ago, karry996 said:

i downgraded and all works well. ive had no issues whatsoever. this update really sucks :(. i hope emby people will update the app quick...

6 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

Guys - this is the typical QNAP duster fire of an update that has numerous issues

will likely get pulled in a day or so like most of the recent updates

see

https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=157375

Give any new update a couple of weeks at least before you try it on anything you care about

the important thing is to open the ticket on the qnap website , qnap assistance has always solved the problem for me.

21 minutes ago, mr.alien said:

i downgraded and all works well. ive had no issues whatsoever. this update really sucks :(. i hope emby people will update the app quick...

thanks for sharing

PenkethBoy
2 minutes ago, karry996 said:

the important thing is to open the ticket on the qnap website , qnap assistance has always solved the problem for me.

Yes

why dont you share the solution with others?

7 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

Yes

why dont you share the solution with others?

I meant that every time I opened a qnap ticket, they solved the problem for me. as for this latest firmware update, on Friday I opened 2 tickets waiting for an answer
surely if I have some news I will share it with you

I'm also encouraging all of you to open a ticket on the qnap website

Edited by karry996

Our package developer is treating it as his highest priority right now, so hopefully we'll have a resolution soon. Part of the problem is that qnap developer documentation hasn't been fully  updated yet with all of the changes, so we're trying to do this a little blind right now.

• Like 1

Trufa2011
12 hours ago, Luke said:

Our package developer is treating it as his highest priority right now, so hopefully we'll have a resolution soon. Part of the problem is that qnap developer documentation hasn't been fully  updated yet with all of the changes, so we're trying to do this a little blind right now.

Gracias por vuestro trabajo

thedave1022

I enable emby in Qboost but I cant access the web viewer or though any of my smart devices. Not sure how others are getting Emby to startup after enable. Mine just uses 0% cpu and 0 bytes of memory

2 hours ago, thedave1022 said:

I enable emby in Qboost but I cant access the web viewer or though any of my smart devices. Not sure how others are getting Emby to startup after enable. Mine just uses 0% cpu and 0 bytes of memory

Hi there, why do you you can't access the web app? What happens when you try?

thedave1022
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, why do you you can't access the web app? What happens when you try?

I get site can't be reached as if the service is down. In Qboost it's using no cpu time as well.

2 minutes ago, thedave1022 said:

I get site can't be reached as if the service is down. In Qboost it's using no cpu time as well.

What url are you trying?