What Browser Do You Use?

Sammy

I'm noticing that Chrome is being quite the memory hog so I'm considering changing browsers.

Which one do you use? Why?

Is there some tricks to reducing Chrome's memory hogging? I mean it is taking up nearly 25% of my total RAM which is really unacceptable and unnecessary. 

PenkethBoy

unistall all you plugin and it will drop down a lot - then check which ones are the hog

mine currently at 400mb

Gilgamesh_48

I have FireFox, Chrome, Opera, Tor (based on FireFox) and one or two others that perked my interest from time to time all available. No matter which one I choose to use for a time I always come back to Chrome because it is the fastest and has the fewest glitches. I decided some time ago that I would use a VPN to avoid some of the tracking and then just ignore what that does not prevent as it is nearly impossible to truly prevent being tracked and if someone finds my online presence of enough interest to really track me through my VPN then it is quite clear they find my life of more interest than I do.

Chrome just works and it is good enough for me and quite fast and reliable.

• Like 1

WilhelmStroker

Chromium Edge Dev. Updates every week with decent additional functionality. Plus it syncs with Edge on my mobile. Seems less of a memory than Chrome and is plenty fast. 

Edited by WilhelmStroker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

firefox here. but more to avoid google tracking everything that i do

Ditto. Only had two plugins installed and over the years it has seem to get heavier on resources. Took a bit to get used to after using chrome for years (felt like back when I switched from internet explorer to chrome), but I'm happy with Firefox.

pwhodges

Opera for general use; Firefox and Chrome for testing things; Edge hardly at all.  

IE... - well, I just discovered that IE is still the default browser in Windows Server 2019...👀

Paul

Chrome for me mostly and website have less glitches with it since everything is tested against Chrome. The other reason is I often cast web pages to the big screen TV.