Failed to update on my Samsnug RU7100 from USB Drive

baderkoot

baderkoot

I tried to update from a USB drive the same one I used for the first install. And didn't change the file system or touched it since installation back in OCT-2019. Every new version comes out after copying the files in the USB drive I get a message in the right corner with two choices (Browse/Cancel). Browsing the files shows nothing but the folder on the drive. I tried deleting it and installing it again but I got stuck with no Emby for a few days of testing. I then found the old version I used and for some reason it worked. But only that version works and I don't know why. I'ts running fine now but why can't I update it?

Regards

FrostByte

Normally when I see this problem it's because I already have a version of the app on the TV.  Deleting the old version and restarting my TV before inserting the USB fixes that.  However, there have been a couple people recently with newer models that had to actually do a factory reset for some reason before it worked.

baderkoot
On 10/20/2020 at 12:14 PM, FrostByte said:

Normally when I see this problem it's because I already have a version of the app on the TV.  Deleting the old version and restarting my TV before inserting the USB fixes that.  However, there have been a couple people recently with newer models that had to actually do a factory reset for some reason before it worked.

it's not ideal for me to reset my TV at the moment but I will try restarting it

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing the same on 2018 Q9FN with T-KTM2DEUC-1300.4 firmware version. 1.0.86 didn't start install from USB until I removed the previous version. After that it started the install but it kept failing.

I've downloaded 1.0.85 from GitHub commits history and it installed fine.

Edited by highway

4 hours ago, highway said:

I'm seeing the same on 2018 Q9FN with T-KTM2DEUC-1300.4 firmware version. 1.0.86 didn't start install from USB until I removed the previous version. After that it started the install but it kept failing.

I've downloaded 1.0.85 from GitHub commits history and it installed fine.

Thanks for reporting. We'll take a look.

Please retry the image, taking note of the specifics below

Make sure that there are no other files on the drive (including hidden files) - best just to quick format the USB drive to FAT16 format (reminder, large drives won't work)

Unzip the USB image (tizen.zip) to the drive.  You should have a single folder called userwidget containing two files, emby.tmg and widget.license.  Both of these files change for each release.

Try installing again and report back.  There are some users that have had to do a reset (try just a SmartHub reset) to get this to work