background images not loading properly

OnyxUK

hey guys. 

so i have had my pc brake down on me this week and when getting everything back up and running i went to reboot emby and one thing i have noticed is that when you use custom images for ie poster art, background art and thumb art etc instead of emby finding there own images to use. i have come across a slight problem that would be very easy to fix but would need embys help. 

i have custom images stored in the same location as my films and when loading your movies back into emby its not picking up the background images as they are marked as fanart1 or fanart_1 if this name was changed to background.jpg it would pull that image into the server without manually inputting it again.  emby does pull in all poster art and thumb art but not background art. and when having loads of films to redo can be very time wasting. please emby help fix this as i believe this would be such a time saver for so many that do there own artwork. 

as you can see in the pictures one is where i have added but emby has removed and replaced the background images and the other one is one i have had to redo and change manually.

1.png

Untitled.png

hey luke 

i have reloaded emby and had to choose and new location for films and its pulled all poster art and thumb art  fine but not background images. i have even made sure when making new libraries that i keep all images in the same location as where the film is stored to allow them to be pulled in to the server and for better management on the back end. 

Happy2Play

They are both authorized naming schemes (see Video images), but there is a hidden switch for Legacy/Compatible for <ImageSavingConvention> in the system.xml, only for saving.  But I know my Windows systems reads both formats.

Legacy save backdrop

Compatible saves Fanart

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ONYX MEDIA said:

hey luke 

i have reloaded emby and had to choose and new location for films and its pulled all poster art and thumb art  fine but not background images. i have even made sure when making new libraries that i keep all images in the same location as where the film is stored to allow them to be pulled in to the server and for better management on the back end. 

Why do you think the background images aren't being picked up?