Emby Theater - Pass resume position to PotPlayer?

evewatchesstuff

evewatchesstuff

Hey,

Has anyone figured out how to pass the play position / resume info to PotPlayer? I'm obviously understanding that I probably can't get it to go the other way (as in passing the timecode back to emby upon exit) but this would be a very useful feature to have. 

evewatchesstuff
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, external players don't support this as it would require custom per-player development.

Fair enough 

Would this be more on PotPlayer or Emby ? I'd be possibly down to pay someone to figure that out. 

daedalus
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, external players don't support this as it would require custom per-player development.

all the relevant "external" players have the same mechanisms to get the playback position for years, and there are not so "much" relevent players out there, so would be a pretty doable thing if one wants

@evewatchesstuff you already can pass the resume point to the external player by adding {ms} for the time point in millisec to your commandline

747659551_Screenshot2020-10-15212421.jpg.2b140e68efecbc3dd8b5e5e317ddbe86.jpg

Edited by daedalus

evewatchesstuff
1 hour ago, daedalus said:

all the relevant "external" players have the same mechanisms to get the playback position for years, and there are not so "much" relevent players out there, so would be a pretty doable thing if one wants

@evewatchesstuff you already can pass the resume point to the external player by adding {ms} for the time point in millisec to your commandline

747659551_Screenshot2020-10-15212421.jpg.2b140e68efecbc3dd8b5e5e317ddbe86.jpg

Already tried {ms} as per the documentation and it doesn't work for PotPlayer (terrible name for a great piece of software) 

I'll try it with MPC-HC but I've moved to PotPlayer for a number of reasons.

daedalus

it seems to await seconds or *surprise* an exact time code 😒

/seek=time :Starts playback of the specified/last played content from the specified time point.
-time format is: hh:mm:ss.ms (OR specify seconds only e.g. /seek=1800 to start at 30th min)

https://github.com/red217/EmbyExternalPlayerLauncher/issues/2

Edited by daedalus