Live TV keep transcoding

zulu100
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

HI

I am trying to watch live TV over the internet. I use the Theater APP on windows as my client. I have a 200/200 connection locally "upload" and a 100/100 connection on the client side. This should be sufficient datatransfer speed so that transcoding could be avoided. However I cannot get it to direct play. I have set all audio and video settings in Theater to auto and disabled subtitles. That didnt do any difference. I have a OctopusNET tuner from Digital Devices and use a m3U file for viewing my channels.

I have attached logfiles. Hope for some help to find out what I am doing wrong. 🙂

ffmpeg-transcode-adf49bcf-9c15-4d78-9d55-ebd3eed5184a_1.txt embyserver.txt

Hi.  It looks like we are unable to determine the bitrate of the stream so we transcode to be sure it will play.

13:15:35.578   Metadata:
13:15:35.578     title           : MPEG TS
13:15:35.578   Duration: N/A, start: 13493.020544, bitrate: N/A

I have done i little bit more resarch. Currently I use DVB Link with MCE so I tried to use the DVBLink plugin for Emby and this way it playes direct without any transcoding.

However I am a little bit confused as to what controls the actual recording path.

Is this done by the Theater client, Emby server or DVBLink plugin. How is the priority.?

• 2 weeks later...

@Luke I've never use this plugin.

It has you listed as the developer so I'll ask.  Is all DVR control in Emby or handed off like NextPVR plugin?

On 10/16/2020 at 5:20 AM, zulu100 said:

However I am a little bit confused as to what controls the actual recording path.

Is this done by the Theater client, Emby server or DVBLink plugin. How is the priority.?

OK so you can use the client or browser to setup a recording or playback live.
The client talks to the Emby Server to either get the stream or set the recording.

Emby Server since using a plugin will go through the plugin in your case to give instructions to your existing DVB setup.
Where things get recorded to will be determined by your DVB setup.

So in this case priority will be determined by your DVB setup.

Did that answer your question?