Xbox One Sign in Error

Yotengrit
Go to solution Solved by Yotengrit,

Yotengrit

Hello everyone! 

I want to use my emby server remotely with Emby Connect on my Xbox. 

Whenever I try to sign in after pairing my pin trough the browser successfully I get Sign in error, even though I use the correct credentials. I even made new password for it to make sure. But nothing... 

Please advise, 

Thanks in advance! 

On 10/14/2020 at 4:13 PM, Yotengrit said:

Hello everyone! 

I want to use my emby server remotely with Emby Connect on my Xbox. 

Whenever I try to sign in after pairing my pin trough the browser successfully I get Sign in error, even though I use the correct credentials. I even made new password for it to make sure. But nothing... 

Please advise, 

Thanks in advance! 

Hi, sorry to see you having an issue. Before addressing remote issue I'd ask you if you have setup and tested you Emby system for remote access which it WILL NOT do out of the box for security reasons. Here is a KB article on how to set this up and how to diagnose issues.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Let us know how you make out or if you get stuck at any specific spot following those directions.

Once those are in place and you can connect to your server via a web browser, you should also be able to connect via any app as well.

Yotengrit
11 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, sorry to see you having an issue. Before addressing remote issue I'd ask you if you have setup and tested you Emby system for remote access which it WILL NOT do out of the box for security reasons. Here is a KB article on how to set this up and how to diagnose issues.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Let us know how you make out or if you get stuck at any specific spot following those directions.

Once those are in place and you can connect to your server via a web browser, you should also be able to connect via any app as well.

Thank you for the reply! 

I can access my server from the internal network just fine. Also, I can access it trough any web browser externally too, only the Emby apps on my Xbox and Android are refusing to work. 

Since I don't have static IP at my ISP I did set up a DDNS trough NoIP. So I could access it even If my router gets a new IP from the ISP. 

So to summarise:

I can access my server trough my external IP/Domain address trough the xbox's Edge browser, when I connect manually. 

Only the official Emby Theater app are refusing to work. 

It's looks like that the "connects" to the server trough manually adding the server to the app, or with Emby Connect. It's just won't accept my credentials. I even made a new user called test, with the same password and it gets rejected in the Emby apps. 

Thanks in advance for the help! 

@cayars

On the Android & Xbox devices are you using Emby Connect or logging in directly to the Emby Server with the username & password you setup on the server?

Yotengrit
3 minutes ago, cayars said:

On the Android & Xbox devices are you using Emby Connect or logging in directly to the Emby Server with the username & password you setup on the server?

I tried both ways. It wont work if I use the Emby app, only trough web browser.

Let's concentrate on one app at a time.  Let's use one of the Android devices.  Is this using WIFI in your network?

Does it auto discover your server also running on the same network?
What you can try is to "Forget"/remove the server exit the app and start it back up again.
Does it find your server?

When you login in now after it won't let you go look at your Emby Dashboard. Do you see the login attempt in the ACTIVITY section? If so what does it say?

• Solution
Yotengrit

YESSS! 

it's finally working! 

I forgot to link my Emby account to my server on the server's Dashboard. 

Now it's working flawlessly!

Thank you for your help and patience! 

I love you guys. 

11 minutes ago, Yotengrit said:

I forgot to link my Emby account to my server on the server's Dashboard. 

Oops. :)

Glad you got it working!

• Thanks 1