mislabeled programs - incorrect year

NDInnova

NDInnova

Hi, unsure if this is the proper place to report but I have two shows that are being recorded as an ancient version of each

DuckTales (2017) is being recorded as DuckTales (1987) - Channel 906 Disney XD

Swamp Thing (2020) is being recorded as Swamp Thing (1990) - Channel 809 KDAF HD

Guide: USA-TX63900-X

I've seen a similar issue in which a year isn't specified in the EPG, so it appears that on access to TVDB, Emby is picking the earliest iteration of the series name.  Is there any way to write a rule to substitute a corrected series name for the TVDB lookup?  For example, when the EPG is recording the series "Pandora", can a rule be written on the local Emby instance to use "Pandora 2019".

My logs have been purged, but I'll have another example after the next episode of "Pandora" is recorded tomorrow from the local CW channel.  For this series the episode metadata is correct as it is taken from the EPG but the show is recorded to folder "Pandora 2008" and pulls the image metadata from Pandora 2008 instead of Pandora 2019 which is the show being recorded.  Same thing happened last season with "Magnum P.I.".

NDInnova

Some time last week when I noticed I renamed the "DuckTales" directory "DuckTales (2017)" and emby appears to now be placing the recordings in that directory--however the thumb nails in the library all appear to be from the ancient 1987 version of the show. An episode hasn't recorded in the time the logs exist, when it happens I'll grab them.

I'll grab logs for swamp thing when it airs next.

Here is a section of the log containing the most recent recording of Pandora.  The search for Pandora is picking up Pandora (2008).  If there isn't a way to fix this today, can you consider adding one?  There are multiple ways this type of naming issue can be resolved.  One is a providing a method in the recording settings section of the UI for the user to specify the one to use (by year, TVDBID, etc) or do the same thing by referencing a user maintained XML file.  Another would be to pull all series of the same name, compare the years and use the most recent year.  This assumes the most recent year series name is the one desired, which also may not be 100% accurate.

embyserver1.txt

On 10/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, richt said:

Here is a section of the log containing the most recent recording of Pandora.  The search for Pandora is picking up Pandora (2008).  If there isn't a way to fix this today, can you consider adding one?  There are multiple ways this type of naming issue can be resolved.  One is a providing a method in the recording settings section of the UI for the user to specify the one to use (by year, TVDBID, etc) or do the same thing by referencing a user maintained XML file.  Another would be to pull all series of the same name, compare the years and use the most recent year.  This assumes the most recent year series name is the one desired, which also may not be 100% accurate.

embyserver1.txt 6.54 kB · 0 downloads

Did you already have the Pandora (2008) folder created on your system, or did it create it as part of this recording?

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Did you already have the Pandora (2008) folder created on your system, or did it create it as part of this recording?

The folder did not exist previously, but was created at the time of the recording.  After each recording I move the files into a folder named Pandora (2019), delete the 2008 folder and each time a new Pandora (2008) folder is created.

Edited by richt

Happy2Play

Was wondering what the plugin update was for. No update info.

5 hours ago, Luke said:

Ok please see if the tvdb plugin update that went out today helps. Thanks.

The update was too late for the recording today.  I won't have an answer until the recording next Sunday.

4 minutes ago, richt said:

The update was too late for the recording today.  I won't have an answer until the recording next Sunday.

Ok thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

@Luke

I checked the recording of Pandora (2019) from last night and the update appears to have resolved the issue I was having.  If you don't mind me asking, how did you resolve the lookup?  Just curious if it will resolve problems for other current TV shows that are re-incarnations of older shows like Magnum PI, etc...

Sometimes tvdb includes the year as part of the series title, so we needed to make sure to ignore that.