All files unplayable after update to 4.5.2.0

Hazelchan

Hazelchan

Hello everyone,

today I updated my server to version 4.5.2.0. Things went smoothly except for a couple of minor metadata issues. 
Unfortunately, a little later I noticed that files can't be played anymore. It doesn't matter which device I'm using, I'm always getting the message "no stream available".

I tried to check the logs and it looks like the server thinks the files are missing. I double checked on the files and they are were they're supposed to be. 
I hope you can help me out with this :)

ffmpeg-transcode-f5f081c8-9a06-4ae3-a830-1b5f68506af2_1.txt embyserver (1).txt

Edited by Hazelchan

Hazelchan

I found the issue. Fml.

The update renamed the install folder from embysvr to emby. I have no clue how thats possible. 

Case closed...

Hazelchan
18 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, what was the solution? Apologies for the disruption.

I had to rename the folder.
For some reason the emby media folder in the synololgy homes structure was not called embysvr anymore but instead it was just called emby. 

Since this happened right after the installation of version 4.5.2.0, it stands to reason that the update caused the issue. 

2 hours ago, Hazelchan said:

I had to rename the folder.
For some reason the emby media folder in the synololgy homes structure was not called embysvr anymore but instead it was just called emby. 

Since this happened right after the installation of version 4.5.2.0, it stands to reason that the update caused the issue. 

Hi, well yes it is a new install package, and while it has gone smoothly for most users, for some there have been some issues such as this. Thanks for the feedback.

Hazelchan
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, well yes it is a new install package, and while it has gone smoothly for most users, for some there have been some issues such as this. Thanks for the feedback.

As long as it's just small things like that, I won't complain too much. It's definetely worth it since I can get the updates much faster now. 
Thanks for your reply and keep up the good work :)