No compatible streams are available

Gerry941

Gerry941

I've successfully used Emby as a server for music on a Windows Laptop -  the files are on a NAS.

Having got used to a tablet and its liking convenience I've attempted to install a server on that. It appears to have accessed the NAS and its files, but the server on the Home page does not show the file images and will play one or two files. The response when accessing all other music files is "Play Back Error" "No compatible streams are available". Tried installing on another Android tablet with the same result. Clearly I'm doing something wrong - but what? If you can help - thanks, but please keep the techy language simple!

Gerry941

Hello and thanks for the response.

Please ignore previous message

Hopefully these links will allow you to see the log and a typical screen shot of my problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Tablet screen.jpg?role=personal

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fk8fb2hkapth09x/Tablet log.jpg?dl=0

Any attempt to click on a file or a "tab"  within My Music such as"Albums",  "Artists" "Genres" results in  - No items found. 

Hopefully from this you can indicate what the problem is?

One question - can you confirm that it is possible to mount an Emby Server on a tablet? In this case a Samsung 5e with 4gB RAM and a processor with 2.0 Ghz processor with OS Android v12 

Edited by Gerry941
incorrect links

Gerry941
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you sure this is the right one? I don't see any playback attempts here. Is this the log file from the date and time in which you tried to play?

4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you sure this is the right one? I don't see any playback attempts here. Is this the log file from the date and time in which you tried to play?

Sorry but I'm struggling here - not being that tech savvy.  It took sometime for me to figure out how to access the file, transfer it to Drive then send it to you as an attachment. I'll attempt another go and send you the result.

Gerry941

Think I've got it right this time! Hopefully the attached file will be of use.

Background to this file:

I've attempted to access the following tabs with the results as shown below. The results of which which I presume will show in the attached file. 

My Music - no images displayed (as sent to you previously). Tapping on the image displays the songs within the album which can be displayed, but not the usual accompanying details and images.

Album Artists  - No images - result when selecting is "no items found"

Artists - as above

Playlist - displays icon of songs played but no images but cannot play anything

Genre - "no items found"

Songs - icons only, can play selected song

Folders - only 7 icons shown (instead of 100s), some folders have albums within them. Unable to play them though

Hopefully the above makes sense! I do however appreciate your help as I really would like to make use of the tablet instead of the cumbersome laptop.

embyserver (2) (1).txt

On 10/23/2020 at 5:36 AM, Gerry941 said:

Think I've got it right this time! Hopefully the attached file will be of use.

Background to this file:

I've attempted to access the following tabs with the results as shown below. The results of which which I presume will show in the attached file. 

My Music - no images displayed (as sent to you previously). Tapping on the image displays the songs within the album which can be displayed, but not the usual accompanying details and images.

Album Artists  - No images - result when selecting is "no items found"

Artists - as above

Playlist - displays icon of songs played but no images but cannot play anything

Genre - "no items found"

Songs - icons only, can play selected song

Folders - only 7 icons shown (instead of 100s), some folders have albums within them. Unable to play them though

Hopefully the above makes sense! I do however appreciate your help as I really would like to make use of the tablet instead of the cumbersome laptop.

embyserver (2) (1).txt 553.66 kB · 0 downloads

I notice you added smb library shares as emby libraries. What I would suggest instead is mounting the SMB path to a local path using the tools in the android OS, and then adding the resulting local path into Emby Server. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Gerry941

Thank you - not being tech savvy anymore I passed your comment onto my son who is knows his way around (web designer).

His response is unfortunately "It's not possible to do that in Android any more.They dropped the support for mounting network shares directly into Android file system in V 4 (I think it was)". So it certainly looks if that route is no longer an option.

If you have any other suggestions I'd be really grateful.

22 hours ago, Gerry941 said:

Thank you - not being tech savvy anymore I passed your comment onto my son who is knows his way around (web designer).

His response is unfortunately "It's not possible to do that in Android any more.They dropped the support for mounting network shares directly into Android file system in V 4 (I think it was)". So it certainly looks if that route is no longer an option.

If you have any other suggestions I'd be really grateful.

Hi.  It is possible on the Shield only I think.