View file sizes and bitrates in Emby for Kodi

hfteuwa

Hi,

I noticed that Embycon shows file sizes and some other information in the 'Select Media Source' list. This is very useful as some movies in my library have different source files, and not all of my devices have access to fast internet.

The Emby for Android addon does not show this info by default. Is there a way to still do this? I'd like to be able to use both addons. The inability to see more information the file sizes is the main reason why I cannot use the default Android TV app.

image.png.ca5eccff2312fac97294caca9422f9b1.png

Embycon source selection screen: includes info about file sizes (screenshot above)

image.png.9b8970667d183fc6f2d85a15c26da21a.png

Emby for Kodi source selection screen: does not include info about file sizes (screenshot above)

Edited by hfteuwa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I'm not familiar with this kind of selection menu. Can you please describe, how you call it?

When you have more than one media version, does emby offer the option of seeing which one you want to play right?
The first screen is the version that Embycon makes available

19 hours ago, kstilho said:

When you have more than one media version, does emby offer the option of seeing which one you want to play right?
The first screen is the version that Embycon makes available

Yes, that's correct (also @quickmic). I haven't configured everything myself, but that's how it works as far as I know.

In the windows client it is also possible to select a version when multiple versions are available, by clicking on the selected version (see screenshot). It's a great feature, but it's only optimally usable when information is shown about the differences between the different versions.

image.thumb.png.ff19a37111c918b845bd7c0dd863c137.png

• 4 weeks later...