Ability to Wake On Lan (an Emby Server) available?

djhifi

Ok so, I've searched around in the forums and cannot seem to find a clear answer (neither recent) about this doubt that I have.

I have a Synology server + Emby Server configured on that NAS.

I've recently adopted the Power Schedule on my Synology (meaning theres a time where it's offline/shutdown)

When using Emby for KODI (native path) I was playing a movie and when the timer on the server hit, the playback stopped (expected? I thought it had WOL features enabled that would prevent this?)

And also, taking into consideration the playback is supposed to stop, isn't there a way to WOL using the Emby for KODI? I thought it had the feature implemented.

PS: As soon as I turn on "WOL" on KODI options itself, it errors out (because the server is offline).

So what's the definitive answer here? Do I need a separate addon in order to WOL my Synology or am I missing something here?

quickmic

When using Emby for KODI (native path) I was playing a movie and when the timer on the server hit, the playback stopped (expected? I thought it had WOL features enabled that would prevent this?)

Not sure how the Power Schedule works on Synology. Usually, NAS powersave should be configured to spin down the HDDs, but not fully hibernate.

So your Synology goes into sleep mode and is no longer accessible without sending a WOL?

In that case, even Windows or other file access will also not work without WOL?

Under any circumstances, powersave should not trigger if there is an ongoing file access. I could be, that Kodi cached the whole movie and Synology has no active file access. Therefore it could go to hibernate.