App picking wrong subtitles

nahuedu

SamES
On 02/01/2021 at 09:22, cbh said:

I thought a subtitle issues could be solved with an older release. But I tried, but it have the same issue. I replied in another post regarding the subtitle issue.

Thanks

Selecting the wrong subtitle when DirectStreaming on some models should be fixed in the next release

shocker
22 hours ago, SamES said:

Selecting the wrong subtitle when DirectStreaming on some models should be fixed in the next release

The issue appeared also with directplay/hw transcoding. Installed 1.0.93 and I can confirm that it’s solved for all situations. Thanks @SamES

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
agisofttm

Hi,

I apologize in advance for resurrecting this topic, but since 1 week I have also had a problem with choosing the wrong subtitles. I have been using Emby for 3 or 4 years and it has never happened before. The TV on which the problem occurs is a Samsung Smart TV (QE65Q70TATXXH), like all other clients like iPhone, iPad and at the same time another Samsung Smart TV (UE55AU7172UXXH) this problem is completely absent. Actually before 2 weeks I updated Emby Server for Synonogy 7 and the problem appear after update. I am also attaching the latest log file.

Kind Regards

ffmpeg-transcode-8a3921a8-96a3-48dd-abf7-aaebc8a006d1_1.txt

Edited by agisofttm

55 minutes ago, agisofttm said:

Hi,

I apologize in advance for resurrecting this topic, but since 1 week I have also had a problem with choosing the wrong subtitles. I have been using Emby for 3 or 4 years and it has never happened before. The TV on which the problem occurs is a Samsung Smart TV (QE65Q70TATXXH), like all other clients like iPhone, iPad and at the same time another Samsung Smart TV (UE55AU7172UXXH) this problem is completely absent. Actually before 2 weeks I updated Emby Server for Synonogy 7 and the problem appear after update. I am also attaching the latest log file.

Kind Regards

ffmpeg-transcode-8a3921a8-96a3-48dd-abf7-aaebc8a006d1_1.txt 513.64 kB · 1 download

Have you recently moved to the app store version of the app after having used the USB Beta version?

agisofttm

@SamESActually No - I live in Bulgaria and the first 3 months I use USB version for TV, but because was annoying to update it every month I switch my TV's to US so the app can be updated automatically. And the most strange thing is the default SUBS are US, But Emby choose Spanish ..... and whatever to do to get Bulgarian subtitles to work Emby choose Spanish 

Edited by agisofttm

agisofttm

I forgot to mention that this is happened with certain movies - as I read here I need to choose AC3 for correct the problem, but my info on Emby says that I use only one Audio Stream an is it English EAC3 5.1 (default)"

IMG_7445.jpg

Edited by agisofttm

2 minutes ago, agisofttm said:

I forgot to mention that this is happened with certain movies - as I read here I need to choose AC3 for correct the problem, but my info on Emby says that I use only one Audio Stream an is it English EAC3 5.1 (default)"

Hi, are you able to try the latest 1.6.X usb build to see if it's resolved there?  it's probably not worth spending a lot of time troubleshooting if we know it's resolved in a later app version.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you able to try the latest 1.6.X usb build to see if it's resolved there?  it's probably not worth spending a lot of time troubleshooting if we know it's resolved in a later app version.

Yes, I expect that is the issue.  I'm pretty sure this has been fixed in the USB version, and 1.4.8 doesn't have this fix yet. 

agisofttm

@Lukeand @SamES Thank you - everything working with USB Version.

P.S. I've lost 2 days with trying to install USB version, because I'm on Mac OS. The problem is that you can format USB to FAT 16 (in a my case ExtFAT), but when you copy tizen.zip and unpack it over usb, the stupid Mac OS Strat to create shadow copy of all files with prefix ".widget.license" and ".emby.tmg" and this was my problem, because stupid Samsung is trying to install ".emby.tmg" and not original "emby.tmg". This DOT before file was created by Default in Mac OS for cache. I used software called "Blueharvest" to remove all cache files with DOT prefix, after Extraction of file tine.zip do Eject of device and everything was go smooth. So you can add this as information for Mac OS users as well. 

Thank you again and Cheers 🍻

Edited by agisofttm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1