embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
17 minutes ago, CDogg2000 said:

I do use it in addon mode I'm pretty sure.  I have tried the current latest 7.x and 8.x versions as well with same results.  Using Kodi 19.5.  Last "working" version I've been using for sometime now has been "6.2.0 (beta)" according to the changlog file.  Server version 4.6.7.0.  It does work well for how old it is.  Do you know of the latest version that allows self-signed certificates?

I can re-add an option so the plugin ignores certificate issues, but as mentioned. Usually Kodi block's in this case after starting playback (in addon mode). Maybe Kodi is fine as you copied the ca into Kodi's folder. Have you modified Kodi's advancedsettings.xml? There are also options for CA.

CDogg2000

I'd certainly love the option back.  I've tinkered with advancedsettings.xml in the past for various customizations but nothing that seems look like it could fix this issue specifically.  With already adding my cert to the known store, adding a line for custom trust file doesn't seem to yield anything.

quickmic
9 minutes ago, CDogg2000 said:

I'd certainly love the option back.  I've tinkered with advancedsettings.xml in the past for various customizations but nothing that seems look like it could fix this issue specifically.  With already adding my cert to the known store, adding a line for custom trust file doesn't seem to yield anything.

Try this version. ssl versification is disabled by default (plugin config menu -> advanced).

Let me know if the playback works in addon mode (just curious). If not, there is nothing I can do.

Caution, this version is the current dev build. Probably test it on a PC/Mac before you install it on your actual Kodi box.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-8.0.3-build 3.zip

CDogg2000

Oh it worked alright!  It's working FASTER than the old beta I've been using, and over wireless none the less!

Thanks for this!!!

Some of the best things, such as this, really are free :)

Yes, I did pay for the server license though.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
On 3/2/2023 at 5:08 PM, CDogg2000 said:

Yes, I did pay for the server license though.

Thanks, cause this also supports further Kodi development!

Edited by quickmic

• 4 weeks later...
clarkss12

Been awhile since I used this addon, but have an issue.  I have run into a TV series that will NOT "scrape".  When the "scanner" gets to this specific video (Chips, season 1, Crash Diet), the scanning stops, and the circle keeps going round and round forever.  I think I ran into this problem before, but forgot the solution.

I am using **plugin.video.emby-next-gen-8.0.4.zip** on Kodi running on Mecool KM 7 Plus Android TV OS box.  

Attached are the logs.

chips season 1, Crash Diet.jpg

chips.jpg

chips Mediainfo.txt embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63815514322.txt hardware_detection-63815514363.txt hardware_detection-63815514372.txt plugin.video.emby-next-gen-8.0.4.zip.txt

Edited by clarkss12

quickmic
26 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

Been awhile since I used this addon, but have an issue.  I have run into a TV series that will NOT "scrape".  When the "scanner" gets to this specific video (Chips, season 1, Crash Diet), the scanning stops, and the circle keeps going round and round forever.  I think I ran into this problem before, but forgot the solution.

I am using **plugin.video.emby-next-gen-8.0.4.zip** on Kodi running on Mecool KM 7 Plus Android TV OS box.  

Attached are the logs.

chips season 1, Crash Diet.jpg

chips.jpg

chips Mediainfo.txt 3.8 kB · 0 downloads embyserver.txt 934.25 kB · 1 download hardware_detection-63815514322.txt 167.97 kB · 0 downloads hardware_detection-63815514363.txt 167.97 kB · 0 downloads hardware_detection-63815514372.txt 167.97 kB · 0 downloads plugin.video.emby-next-gen-8.0.4.zip.txt 36 B · 0 downloads

I need the kodi.log please. btw, please continue on 8.X thread.

Edited by quickmic

• 3 weeks later...
quickmic

This version is end of life -> no longer maintained.

Edited by quickmic