embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

Is this really Kodi 19 log not Kodi 17 or 18?

It seems very odd for Kodi 19.

Edit:

Sorry I see it's from 19 alpha. Is there no beta version available for AppleTV?

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

@rapteev

Try disable kodi log.

I really mean  kodi log, not plugin log... and retry.

There is a bug reported when e4k plugin tries open Kodi log to grab db versions IDs.

quickmic
Just now, rapteev said:

Hi

it is alpha 2.

I do not have beta yet.

do you think is because of that?

The weird thing in your log is this:

xbmc.translatePath is deprecated and might be removed in future kodi versions. Please use xbmcvfs.translatePath instead

That line means, Kodi is still loading "xbmc.translatePath". In Kodi 19 it's already deprecated.

and that one...

2020-11-30 15:32:45.011 T:1100311 WARNING <general>: EMBY.library.Library -> 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xef in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/82B0A810-EC4F-4506-86FA-3475B15EA21A/Library/Caches/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/library.py", line 129, in run
                                                       if not self.started and not self.startup():
                                                     File "/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/82B0A810-EC4F-4506-86FA-3475B15EA21A/Library/Caches/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/library.py", line 417, in startup
                                                       Views().get_views()
                                                     File "/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/82B0A810-EC4F-4506-86FA-3475B15EA21A/Library/Caches/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/views.py", line 191, in get_views
                                                       self.add_library(library)
                                                     File "/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/82B0A810-EC4F-4506-86FA-3475B15EA21A/Library/Caches/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/views.py", line 151, in add_library
                                                       with Database('emby') as embydb:
                                                     File "/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/82B0A810-EC4F-4506-86FA-3475B15EA21A/Library/Caches/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/database/__init__.py", line 101, in __init__
                                                       Value = infile.read()
                                                     File "/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/B36973C9-D154-4BFF-BA4B-221AAADBB3CD/Kodi.app/Frameworks/lib/python3.8/encodings/ascii.py", line 26, in decode
                                                       return codecs.ascii_decode(input, self.errors)[0]
                                                   UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xef in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)
2020-11-30 15:32:45.012 T:1100292   DEBUG <general>: found key /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby/settings.xml

...means, Kodi is trying to convert unicode ascii. This should not happen.

quickmic
On 11/23/2020 at 3:20 PM, DiscoDuck79 said:

I'm trying this out the latest Alpha on a Vero 4K+ and during sync it stalls with the below, happend 3 times so far and still in progress

Reveal hidden contents

NOTICE: EMBY.library.Library -> ERROR:: 'RunTimeTicks'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/library.py", line 417, in startup
                                                self.sync_libraries()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/library.py", line 377, in sync_libraries
                                                sync.libraries(forced=forced)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/sync.py", line 91, in libraries
                                                self.start()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/sync.py", line 167, in start
                                                self.process_library(library)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/sync.py", line 211, in process_library
                                                media[library['CollectionType']](library)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/helper/wrapper.py", line 32, in wrapper
                                                result = func(self, dialog=dialog, *args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/sync.py", line 304, in tvshows
                                                obj.episode(episode)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/helper/wrapper.py", line 80, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/helper/wrapper.py", line 101, in wrapper
                                                return func(self, item, e_item=e_item, *args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/core/tvshows.py", line 378, in episode
                                                self.episode_add(obj)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/core/tvshows.py", line 448, in episode_add
                                                self.emby_db.add_mediasource(*self.Utils.values(DataSource, QUEM.add_mediasource_obj))
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/helper/utils.py", line 264, in <genexpr>
                                                return (item[key.replace('{', "").replace('}', "")] if type(key) == str and key.startswith('{') else key for key in keys)
                                            KeyError: 'RunTimeTicks'

I know, there is still an issue with Runtimeticks. If I send you a debug version, can you perform some tests for me?

DiscoDuck79
27 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I know, there is still an issue with Runtimeticks. If I send you a debug version, can you perform some tests for me?

Sure, happy to assist

On 11/29/2020 at 5:42 PM, quickmic said:

This version requires another DB wipe. (I hope it's the last time)

You mean lokale Kodi Datenbank zurücksetzen?

Gizzmo80

Hi,

first of all thanks for your work.

I am trying your addon on my Shield 2017 with KODI 19 beta.

The setupwizard is shown and I seem to connect to my Emby Server, but no sync is happening. Should it work on a Shield with KODI 19?

quickmic

Well, it's working on Windows (manual fix) and Linux, but seems there is an issue on Apple TV.

What do you mean with no sync is happening? Does the sync selection messagebox appear?

Can you send me the log file please.

Edited by quickmic

Gizzmo80

Tryed the manual fix for windows but that didn't change something.

So what I mean is, I install the addon when this is installed and started I get asked for connection info, searching the Emby server, selecting the user and password for it, get asked if I want to sync empty seasons for series etc. So all like it was with the old addon but after that all selected nothing more happens. The syncing never starts. So all databases stay empty. 

I deleted the addon some times and reinstalled them, but same. I deinstalled the old KODI 18.2 app, checked if all folders were gone on my Shield, than installed the latest KODI 19beta1 nightly, after that your addon by zip-install.

Here is the log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/bezabuceru.kodi

quickmic

Yes, that's the same bug as on Apple TV. I'm already working on an update. Can you perform some test for me?

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New version: https://kodi.emby.media/Public testing/next-gen-ALPHA-build619.zip

Bugfixes:

Musicdb is working

livetv is working

photos are working

Apple TV and NVidia shield support (should work)

Cinema mode, multiple fixes

Hoping all sync issues are fixed

strm files bugfixes

Pending:

Clean e4k settings

Changelog

Native mode

Fix memory leak

Update from 4.x tests

Local Trailers

General info:

A datababase wipe from alpha 550 is not required, but recommended. Especially if you use strm files.

Tested on:

osmc Kodi 18

libreelec Kodi 18

Linux amd64 Kodi 19

Nvidia shield Kodi 19 (by Gizzmo80)

Special thanks to horstepipe and Gizzmo80 for countless tests. Also to DiscoDuck79 as well as TobyTentakel for input.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

t123thomas
10 hours ago, quickmic said:

Jst to provide you with update the new released , everything seems function well from the moment the addon connected with server to completion, after the sync completed I played several videos all played well with on issue so far. It works flawlessly however, when I run the log, I see several lines of warning so I thought this might be of interest to you.

Thanks as always awesome job let me know if you need further test and where.

Log

https://paste.kodi.tv/exuwayuhof

t123thomas
30 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

Jst to provide you with update the new released , everything seems function well from the moment the addon connected with server to completion, after the sync completed I played several videos all played well with on issue so far. It works flawlessly however, when I run the log, I see several lines of warning so I thought this might be of interest to you.

Thanks as always awesome job let me know if you need further test and where.

Log

https://paste.kodi.tv/exuwayuhof

I noticed this issue:

My Media settings>Videos>default selection action >Show Information

If play videos from Movies, the movie information will populate I can desire to play or decline to

If play video from TV shoes the tv show just played, the information of the tv show is not display.

Thanks

quickmic

No worry about the warning messages. Currently the warning flag is default for every message.

quickmic

If play video from TV shoes the tv show just played, the information of the tv show is not display.

I never used that function, but I tested here on Kodi 18 and 19. TV Information is shown, if I select a Episode via Widget. If I select via list, it's directly played.

Was it ever differently? I'm quite sure, this in not coming from e4k plugin.

Edited by quickmic