embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

t123thomas
27 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Are you using a transcoding option in e4k settings -> playback?

Nope never have reason to transcode every media files are played using the default settings plus Kodi can play every file that is thrown at it.  In E4K addon 4xx version there was no issue with everything file formats, I used default settings no transcoding. 

quickmic
ERROR: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - failed to initialize device "hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0"

Is this record also in the log if you use 4.X?

quickmic

Please also check if there are other Audio devices available in Kodi settings. If yes, you could try them.

quickmic
On 11/14/2020 at 5:04 PM, bozrdnag said:

My bad.  I forgot that step.  Just did that and now I do get the selection box.  Great work!  FYI - you're probably aware, but trailers still don't work.

I added subtitle and audiostream selection for HLS streams (will be available in the next release). Now I continue with trailers.

As I have no experience how it works in 4.x can you please explain? Would be easier for me, otherwise I've to figure out how it worked.

I reviewed database... Seems trailers are already added, but not sure if synced from emby server of from another Kodi plugin. Mostly they are youtube trailers.

When should the trailers be played. On demand, or automatically. Not sure how the cinema mode in 4.X was working, I assume it played the trailers before the actual movies?

Actually, I would prefer Kodi takes care about the playback, not the E4K plugin but not sure if possible. Looks there are other Kodi plugin available for that functionality.

Edited by quickmic

horstepipe

could you please explain in short what a hls stream is lol? Guess if I rely on direct play only (no transcoding) it's nothing I need to worry about?

horstepipe
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

1. I reviewed database... Seems trailers are already added, but not sure if synced from emby server of from another Kodi plugin. Mostly they are youtube trailers.

2. When should the trailers be played. On demand, or automatically. Not sure how the cinema mode in 4.X was working, I assume it played the trailers before the actual movies?

3. Actually, I would prefer Kodi takes care about the playback, not the E4K plugin but not sure if possible. Looks there are other Kodi plugin available for that functionality.

1. They come from Emby server for sure. Its TheMoviedb's scraper provides youtube links for trailers stored as

<trailer>

into the .nfo files.

E4K v4.x handled it as I expected. If you have local trailers, they were favored over the remote trailers stored in the .nfo files. Didn't check your alphas about that yet.

2. Cinema mode's default configuration (server side) does not include trailers (local or youtube) for your own movies. It just shows trailers for new and upcoming movies, but you can optionally configure it to include your own local trailers iirc, but this won't work for the youtube trailers stored in .nfo files. I'd suggest to keep it as it was with a slight adjustment: In E4K 4.x cinema mode was enabled by default, but there was also a setting to ask whether it should play trailers on playback start which was disabled by default. I'd suggest to also enable this on default settings. I had some very confused ppl didn't understand what's happening at all when cinema mode triggered first for them 🙂

3. Could you tell me one of those plugins? I'd like to check those out. I guess you need to keep in mind that cinema mode is a premier feature so "I would prefer Kodi takes care about the playback" is probably not in Luke's intention 🙂

Edited by horstepipe
  • Like 1

quickmic

@horstepipeThanks for the insights. I'll also review 4.x implementaion to find the best way for this functionality.

...keep in mind that cinema mode is a premier feature so "I would prefer Kodi takes care about the playback" is probably not in Luke's intention

fair point and I'll also perform tests to learn exactly how the cinemamode is working. Actually, the content has to come from emby server anyway. I was thinking, I would be better if the actual playback is triggered by Kodi and not manipulating the playlists.

Edited by quickmic

jachin99

@quickmic, while your looking at trailers or afterwards can you investigate video backdrops?  They still work in the latest version of 4.x  

DiscoDuck79

I'm trying this out the latest Alpha on a Vero 4K+ and during sync it stalls with the below, happend 3 times so far and still in progress

Spoiler

NOTICE: EMBY.library.Library -> ERROR:: 'RunTimeTicks'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/library.py", line 417, in startup
                                                self.sync_libraries()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/library.py", line 377, in sync_libraries
                                                sync.libraries(forced=forced)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/sync.py", line 91, in libraries
                                                self.start()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/sync.py", line 167, in start
                                                self.process_library(library)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/sync.py", line 211, in process_library
                                                media[library['CollectionType']](library)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/helper/wrapper.py", line 32, in wrapper
                                                result = func(self, dialog=dialog, *args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/sync.py", line 304, in tvshows
                                                obj.episode(episode)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/helper/wrapper.py", line 80, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/helper/wrapper.py", line 101, in wrapper
                                                return func(self, item, e_item=e_item, *args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/core/tvshows.py", line 378, in episode
                                                self.episode_add(obj)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/core/tvshows.py", line 448, in episode_add
                                                self.emby_db.add_mediasource(*self.Utils.values(DataSource, QUEM.add_mediasource_obj))
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/helper/utils.py", line 264, in <genexpr>
                                                return (item[key.replace('{', "").replace('}', "")] if type(key) == str and key.startswith('{') else key for key in keys)
                                            KeyError: 'RunTimeTicks'

quickmic

Update:

Kodi Matrix migration is complete. I'll perform final tests and possibly release an (alpha) update this weekend.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2

quickmic

https://kodi.emby.media/Public testing/next-gen-ALPHA-build550.zip

Changes:

Kodi 19 support (only tested on amd64 linux)

Trailers added (local Trailers are still pending)

Subtitle and Audiostream selection for HLS streams

Known issues:

When playlist are set to repeat, Trailers counter wrong

musicdb not working DON'T SYNC IT!

Kodi 19 error msg on multi videos and HLS Subtitle/Audiostream change

loglevel change not working

multiple settings are ignored

multiprocessing disabled for the moment -> using threading

Artwork cache not tested yet

autoplay next movie issue when Trailers are enabled

This version requires another DB wipe. (I hope it's the last time)

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

quickmic

No, and frankly I'm not sure what they are good for.

If somebody has info about them, let me know. I assume they were used in older versions.

Hint, if you are updating from Kodi 18 to Kodi 19, delete the (old) Kodi 18 databases.

spencerjford

Ok, so interesting thing is happening.  And that is nothing. What information do you need?  clean install, deleted app data folder complete and started from fresh.  Installed the 550 alpha and nothing actually happens.  

Windows 10 machine (fully updated)

quickmic

Have you wiped the previous Kodi data manually? (if updated from previous version)

BTW, Backup you settings first if you need rollback option.

Are you using Kodi 18 or 19?

"Nothing happens" was the caused in my setup, if I updated from Kodi 18 to 19 and not deleted Kodi db's before.

Best option is: wipe the complete kodi userfolder before you start testing

Edited by quickmic

spencerjford

kodi 19, sorry should have said that, and completed deleted the userdata folder.   like I tried with kodi 18 first, and it ran asking me to identify the server and user and all that.  

then upgraded, deleted the whole folder (userdata and EVERYTHING in it)  doesn't ask for server identification or anything.

quickmic

Ok, I'll check that. Maybe a bug in Windows.

Can you also try a complete stock Kodi 19 installation? No upgrade from Kodi 18?

rapteev

Hi

Same here on a new kodi 19 installation on Apple TV 4

Thank you

PS: plugin install and ask for credentials.... and then nothing :)

Edited by rapteev

quickmic

Bug found (for Windows), possible for Apple TV.

You can try a manual fix:

this file: plugin.video.emby\libraries\emby\core\connection_manager.py

Search this line:

sock.setsockopt(socket.SOL_IP, socket.IP_MULTICAST_LOOP, 1)

and remove it.