embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

@fattony

Yes, this should works but has a drawback. You have no file synchronization. New content must be manually added to your sites, right?

@Quickmic

Correct, I add & remove content only from the emby server & these changes propagate out to the other locations automatically via resilio sync.

All fully automated, & works like a charm!

Regards,

quickmic

I'm curious, is there a reason why you are manually syncing you devices. I don't see any benefit of a centralized server in your setup if you perform the sync via scripts.

If you use a script based sync procedure, Kodi's internal database is capable to deal it?

Edited by quickmic

there are no scripts involved, i simply add the new content to the emby server & my sync software (resilio sync) synchronises the content to each location & requires no interaction.

If you use a script based sync procedure, Kodi's internal database is capable to deal it?

Yes but i have multiple devices at each location, each accessing the content at that location from a central samba share. if i was to only rely on kodi's internal database i would loose 

all the benefits of a of a centralised database e.g. shared watched and unwatched status of media on all devices. - to stop watching a movie in one room then finish watching it in another room etc.

I used to do this with mysql but i find emby to be far more stable & as you know emby still utilises kodi's local database so it is multiples faster than mysql.

• Like 1

@quickmic so can this version work with 'up next' even though there's no native mode? Or is there some other way to get it to auto play the next episode of something now?

Also, with the current stable version of 4.x I've been having issues with it not syncing all new media, often weirdly skipping a new episode of one show but syncing a new episode of another, not specific to any given show etc, just randomly missing it when syncing. Which then means I have to do a complete 'update libraries'... Is this fixed in 5.0? Finally, regarding updating libraries, are you able to make it so it only updates missing things rather than having to re-sync everything again like it does currently?

Edited by JKRix

quickmic

Or is there some other way to get it to auto play the next episode...

Yes, the stock Kodi function.  Settings -> Player - > Play next video automatically

Also, with the current stable version of 4.x I've been having issues with it not syncing all new media, often weirdly skipping a new episode of one show but syncing a new episode of another, not specific to any given show etc, just randomly missing it when syncing.

I've fixed one issue in TVShows sync in 4.1.21 and higher including 5.X. but I also got some bug reports about that matter after 4.1.21. Maybe it's not the only issue there. Random issues are hard to track without a specific test case.

quickmic
5 hours ago, bozrdnag said:

Just to confirm, I should uninstall the old E4K addon and the install this one?

Yes, that's my test case at the moment. Regular update can work as well, just try it. Whatever your approach is , a DB wipe is required.

t123thomas

@quickmic,thanks for your efforts so far, it nice to see that this project is not dead, I have read through your posts, you said a rework of the artwork will also be re engineer, this particularly important especially for those watching remotely on a large media list the it takes quit a time for the artworks to populate, event when one scroll through the list. If its possible dont ask me how it works on Netflix and other app on Roku, the speed at which the artwork populate  are very fast  not evidence of waiting time etc. It will be nice if such concept if possible be incorporated in E4K.

Thanks for your efforts and supports of the addon

quickmic

the speed at which the artwork populate  are very fast  not evidence of waiting time etc. It will be nice if such concept if possible be incorporated in E4K.

Mostly it's based on server upload bandwidth. ISPs consumer products are asymmetric. Download fast, upload slow. Usually this is the limiting factor.

quickmic

New version is available:

https://kodi.emby.media/Public testing/next-gen-ALPHA-build384.zip

This version requires another full DB wipe!

Changes:

Multi selection for TV shows and Musicvideos added
"Cache all artwork" fixed, but not final (once triggered, it doesn't pause on video start or auto resume after Kodi restart)
Artwork piped threw webservice (this fixes issues on multipurpose devices (LAN & WAN))
Shutdown/Restart fixes
Kodi flag support added

Edited by quickmic

horstepipe

hey

This version (maybe also the prior one) is not functional at all on Kodi 17 (Windows 10). Kodi quits with a blank error message (coming from windows, not Kodi) after some time.

(I wanted to make sure it runs okay on Kodi 17/Windows before I switch testing on Apple TV)

kodi.log

Edited by horstepipe
  • Like 1

quickmic

Thanks, actually I think I'll start Kodi 19 migration before I start bugfixing on Kodi 17.

There are just 2 main features pending till 5.0 has the same functionality as 4.X. I estimate Kodi 19 migration will be available in the next 2-4 weeks.

Before Kodi 19 migration, I've to check what's the best approach. I hate version queries in the code like

if <19 do this else do that.

It makes code ugly...

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bozrdnag

Flagging seems to work great with the new file names.  Thanks!  How do you use multiple version with this?  I don't see anywhere to choose which version to play?

quickmic

Movie or episode? There should be a selection box if multi version is available on play. Have you wiped your DB?

Edited by quickmic

bozrdnag

My bad.  I forgot that step.  Just did that and now I do get the selection box.  Great work!  FYI - you're probably aware, but trailers still don't work.

• Like 1

t123thomas
On 11/14/2020 at 9:26 AM, quickmic said:

New version is available:

https://kodi.emby.media/Public testing/next-gen-ALPHA-build384.zip

This version requires another full DB wipe!

Changes:

Multi selection for TV shows and Musicvideos added
"Cache all artwork" fixed, but not final (once triggered, it doesn't pause on video start or auto resume after Kodi restart)
Artwork piped threw webservice (this fixes issues on multipurpose devices (LAN & WAN))
Shutdown/Restart fixes
Kodi flag support added

Hi Having play issue with this update specific to TV shows, it wont play right away, the play start but it was pause at time time, movies played fine.

Here is the link to log for your review

Edited by t123thomas

quickmic

I see there is an issue in the log, does it happen on every TV-Show episode or just on special selection (single episode)?

Have you wiped your DB? if not, please do so!

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas
51 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I see there is an issue in the log, does it happen on every TV-Show episode or just on special selection (single episode)?

Have you wiped your DB? if not, please do so!

Yes I tried few TV shows same results it will start nicely but immediately paused, I have to click on play to continue, I will reset DB and re-scanned, I shall keep you posted

t123thomas
58 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

Yes I tried few TV shows same results it will start nicely but immediately paused, I have to click on play to continue, I will reset DB and re-scanned, I shall keep you posted

Apology for the false alert, after the rebuild of the DB everything is working fine.

t123thomas

Hi I have another issue in Libreelec/windows 10  each time that update with the latest alpha the sound is silence, even my live TV there will be no sound, when I uninstall emby addon sound on the Live Tv return to normal. I see bunch of error this the log, please advise what should I do if the issue is on my settings, note every is working fine when I restore back to E4K 4xx version

Lib

Edited by t123thomas

t123thomas

HI I did a fresh libreelec, immediately after the addon connected to my server the sound was silence, In the log there  are various error in the scanning of media files and play back work but no sound.

Here is the latest log report , let me know when you need further test

Log