embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

Hi

On emby I can select the version I want to play, also on emby for kodi 4.... also appears the dialog box and I can choose the movie to play, but not on this new version

Sorry my English. I am from Portugal and my English is not very good

thank you

quickmic

Well, if there is no dialog box, there are two possibilities. The different versions are not included in emby.db in Kodi while sync, or there is somewhere a bug in the code.

Please send me emby.db (via PM) from Kodi that I can check: -> should be somewhere here: /home/quickmic/.kodi/userdata/Database/emby.db

And please send me also log when you play a multiversion movie:

If you have a sqlite browser, then you can check by yourself like here:

https://youtu.be/8SSRfBpCWeg

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
1 hour ago, t123thomas said:

Great work freshly baked on Windows 10, kodi 18.8 works perfectly speed was noticeable fast, I noticed that on remote outside access fanart/poster are slow to load has anyone tested this?

Thanks

I haven't touched the artwork related code yet just performed a few tests, and yes it is slow. I'll try to optimize the code when I jump into that part.

bozrdnag
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

@bozrdnag

No plans to add native mode. Do you need it for a specific reason? Native mode had more or less just one benefit. It was much faster in 4.x as plugin mode.

As 5.x is even in plugin mode as fast as 4.x in native mode, I dropped that functionality. It's just extra code to support and makes no more sense to me.

The Kodi skin I use has flags for Atmos and DTS-X audio but it requires that phrase to be in the path to detect it.  Without Native mode storing the actual path names that will not work.  I would prefer to not have to use paths for that but, unfortunately, neither Kodi or Emby currently detect these audio formats.

• Like 1

quickmic

Thanks, I'll test it. Actually an idea comes to mind. I'll try to use fake "native" filenames in the kodi-DB. This should also fix issues I have with 3d movies detection. This approach should fix all flag related issues.

Edited by quickmic

bozrdnag

That would be great!  Thanks!  Since I never really used addon mode how did it handle trailers?  Or, more importantly, how will your implementation handle them?  Right now with your addon if I click on trailer for a movie in Kodi it flashes the loading screen about 3 times and just returns me to the movie info screen.  I know you're still working on everything so not a complaint at all.  Just wondering how it should work when all is said and done.

quickmic

At the moment, trailers are not implemented. Frankly, I haven't investigated how the 4.x version deals with trailers, I just have a rough idea how it was working. Actually, I never use trailers and have no experience even how native Kodi handles them. So far I have no info about trailers.

If native Kodi can handle trailers, it shouldn't be that hard to implement that function. If this a unique emby-option, I have to write workarounds.

Edited by quickmic

bozrdnag

I don't know all the ins and outs but natively Kodi will play a local trailer file if it exists.  Otherwise it will use the Youtube addon (if installed) and play the trailer from there.

quickmic

I just read a bit here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Trailers

Seems trailers need to be synced into the kodi-db with extension "-trailer". This should be an easy task. I just have to adapt the DB-sync procedure (query trailers from emby server while sync, and inject them in kodi-db). Kodi should handle the rest.

At least I hope, Kodi takes it from DB and not from filesystem directly.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

"I solved" my problem with multi versions first I installed the repo emby and then and installed e4k 5.0 it worked perfectly. I don't know if it had anything to do with having the repo or rebuilding the DB that fixed the problem

• Like 1

quickmic

Thank for the update, that's really weird. I'll test the installation procedure once again.

quickmic

@bozrdnag

I tested with Kodi flags. Looks very promising, I'll add this feature in next release.

Only problem is, I have to use URL encodings as filenames in the DB. This can cause issues if you use spaces in the flags.

Your example (native filename) worked perfectly, but mine for 3d caused issues. I used "  3d sbs.mkv" This is as URL encoding " %203d%20sbs.mkv" and was not detected.

If I change it to ".3d.sbs.mkv" it works fine.

For some reasons your example works fine even with spaces. " - Atmos Blu-Ray Remux.mkv" -> "%20-%20Atmos%20Blu-Ray%20Remux.mkv"

I'll perform a few more tests, could be that some modification in the filenaming is required.

Edited by quickmic

horstepipe

@quickmic I experiene wayy longer syncing time (initial sync, movies only) with the latest alpha build 324 on Apple TV. Will there be room for optimization or is it as it is? From what I see for now syncing my movies database will take 6 times longer (from 30 minutes to 3 hours).

best regards

• Like 1

quickmic

@horstepipe

For the moment I keep it, but you are right. I have to use two emby server queries while sync (Movies only). Maybe I can combine the two queries. I've to check the emby-server APIs what's possible.

Anyway, 6 times longer sounds a bit extreme. I'll review that.

• Thanks 1

horstepipe
12 minutes ago, quickmic said:

@horstepipe

For the moment I keep it, but you are right. I have to use two emby server queries while sync (Movies only). Maybe I can combine the two queries. I've to check the emby-server APIs what's possible.

Anyway, 6 times longer sounds a bit extreme. I'll review that.

Maybe it depends on syncing settings (items / threads). I set them to 50/1 as I got best results with these values. Maybe I need to re-evaluate now. I will check out the default values.

quickmic

From my experience it takes more or less twice the time for movies. Not sure, if the thread settings has an impact. And I'm curious, if it Apple TV playback works with the latest version. Keep me updated 🙂

bozrdnag
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

@bozrdnag

I tested with Kodi flags. Looks very promising, I'll add this feature in next release.

Only problem is, I have to use URL encodings as filenames in the DB. This can cause issues if you use spaces in the flags.

Your example (native filename) worked perfectly, but mine for 3d caused issues. I used "  3d sbs.mkv" This is as URL encoding " %203d%20sbs.mkv" and was not detected.

If I change it to ".3d.sbs.mkv" it works fine.

For some reasons your example works fine even with spaces. " - Atmos Blu-Ray Remux.mkv" -> "%20-%20Atmos%20Blu-Ray%20Remux.mkv"

I'll perform a few more tests, could be that some modification in the filenaming is required.

Thanks!  

TheatricalEnthusiast

Will your rewrite allow native LIVE TV integration?

Edited by TheatricalEnthusiast

quickmic

It's on the todo list, yes. But low priority at the moment. First I'll restore all the features from 4.X version before I add new ones.

Audiostream selection and subtitle selection for HLS (transcode streams) are still pending and the have highest priority.

Edited by quickmic

abescalamis
18 hours ago, TheatricalEnthusiast said:

Will your rewrite allow native LIVE TV integration?

BTW, I also remember Luke mentioning that he was going to do, an M3u solution for Live TV.