embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

usually internal storage:

/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

in filebrowser (whatever you are using) hidden files must be displayed

horstepipe

Alternative way is to add that source to Kodi file manager and copy the log to attached usb device

special://logpath

jachin99

I'm using 2 shield pro 2019s, and it syncs with both of them.  I vaguely know there is some special issue with Android or android TV where you have to mount some directories over the network because kodi may not have write permissions in Android.  I also know I mounted my media network share on the shield itself but not in kodi.  

jachin99

It's just a thought but maybe smb v1 needs to be enabled on the server?  Also do you have network paths filled out on the server?  That could possibly help also.

quickmic

@neik

Thanks, I can see at least one issue. I fix it in the next version.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2

t123thomas

Hi Thanks for keeping this project going, I just side loaded into laptop  Windows 10  Kodi 18.8, and dual booting windows10/Libreelec 

The results on both platforms  is amazing, playback is very fast, the only concern that I observed is shouting down Libreelec takes a while to complete.

let me know if you need a log report.

Thanks this awesome, one last question, is the addon ready to be tested on Kodi 19 or not

Edited by t123thomas
  • Like 1

quickmic

It's not ready for Kodi 19 yet. I'll finish re-implementing features from 4.X first.

About the shutdown procedure, you are right. I'm working on also in this for the next release. I think it will be finished by the weekend but it will be not the final version.

t123thomas
On 10/28/2020 at 1:54 AM, quickmic said:

It's not ready for Kodi 19 yet. I'll finish re-implementing features from 4.X first.

About the shutdown procedure, you are right. I'm working on also in this for the next release. I think it will be finished by the weekend but it will be not the final version.

Hi, I just observed the sound is silence on Libreelec, i tested on both windows 10/Libreelec and Amlogic Libreelec devices, same issue, on Widows 10 Kodi there was no sound issue. When I restored the stable version of E4K on Libreelec sound was resolved.  I don't know if this something you have noticed on your.

Thanks,

quickmic

Actually, I also run the alpha version on libreelec (Raspi 4). I had no issues so far, please test again with upcomming version.

At the moment, I'm not sure how the alpha version possibly cause that issue. If the problem still exists, I'll investigate.

TeamB

I think he is referring to the "alpha build" of the add-on he is working on. he is still using Kodi 18 on Libreelec on a Rasp Pi 4

From what I can see @quickmic re-working a lot of the code and bumping to v5 and calling it alpha for now.

Edited by TeamB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

quickmic

New version is abvailable:

ALPHA 323 withdrawn, new version will be uploaded asap!

This update requires another DB wipe due to multiversion movie support.

Changes:

- Multiversion movie support

- Event handling improvements

-Additional Information added in Database during sync

-Multiple bugfixes

Pending/known issues:

-Kodi Shutdown still has some issues

-Artwork cache still not working

-HLS Streams (Transoding), no Audiostream or Subtitleselection

-Multiple Emby serves snot tested

Please let me know, if there are still issues on AppleTV and or Android TV.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

hello i just did the test, now the plugin can install without having to update version 4. it remains stable. However, the multi-version movie mode is still not working for me.

XiaomiMi Stick Android tv 

Kodi 18.8

quickmic

@kstilho

Have you rebuild the database? Multiversion only works with the new DB design and only for movies.

@bozrdnag

No plans to add native mode. Do you need it for a specific reason? Native mode had more or less just one benefit. It was much faster in 4.x as plugin mode.

As 5.x is even in plugin mode as fast as 4.x in native mode, I dropped that functionality. It's just extra code to support and makes no more sense to me.

From quick testing on Windows with Kodi 18.9 it's working astonishing fast. Great job you are doing there.

On AndroidTV with Kodi 18.9 I can now sync libraries but playback takes a lot of time to start (if it starts) and is quite unstable.
I will send you two logs via PM, so you can have a look at it.

Edit: On my smartphone with Android 10 it works great, so seems to be something AndroidTV specific.

Edited by neik
  • Like 1

t123thomas

Great work freshly baked on Windows 10, kodi 18.8 works perfectly speed was noticeable fast, I noticed that on remote outside access fanart/poster are slow to load has anyone tested this?

Thanks

7 hours ago, quickmic said:

@kstilho

Have you rebuild the database? Multiversion only works with the new DB design and only for movies.

Yes I made a point of uninstalling the kodi and still check the // Android folder behind some residue

quickmic

Well, performing a local database reset in E4K is usually sufficient.

Can you please send me your emby.db via PM, if not too big.

6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Well, performing a local database reset in E4K is usually sufficient.

Can you please send me your emby.db via PM, if not too big.

Hi

Just to let you know that multi version also do not work for me.

i try it on a Windows 10 test machine.

install the plugin and do a reset of database
After sync the movies database try it with 2 or 3 movies that I know that have more than one version but the versions do not appear it just start playing.