embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
1 hour ago, rapteev said:

Hi

Will this version also work with embuary skin like versions 4.... do?

thank you 

Yes, but as mentioned. Backup first as a precaution!

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
2 hours ago, Ruyiop said:

Hi

is this version compatible with kodi 19?

thank you 

Not yet

horstepipe
3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Any need for that yet? Kodi 19 is not even at beta state.

Yeah if you really need Kodi 19  NOW for some reason (e.g.Apple TV) I‘d advise to use the kodi mediaimport project in the meantime.

jachin99

I hopped back over to kodi to try this out and my first impression is that it works really well.  Do you plan on adding support for theme media like video backdrops and local trailers?

quickmic

First I'll add all features which are available in 4.X.

Frankly, I'm not using trailers etc personally. If those functions where available in 4.X, they will be in 5.X. If requested features are new, we can discuss it as soon as 5.x. is at least in beta state.

Current status:

I'm implementing multi-video selection. It's almost completed, and also very fast. I extended the emby DB in Kodi with additional information.

Maybe initial DB sync could be a littlebit slower, but it caches those multistream info. This results in no more Emby-server queries while playback.

Next version will require a DB rebuild.

horstepipe
15 minutes ago, quickmic said:

This results in no more Emby-server queries while playback.

There were Emby server queries WHILE playback? Why? (Just curious)

quickmic

Actually, the queries are before not while playback -> multi video and also quite sure, subtitle selection, trailers/intros are queries before playback starts. I'll remove as much as possible and cache the info.

Edited by quickmic

jachin99
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

First I'll add all features which are available in 4.X.

Frankly, I'm not using trailers etc personally. If those functions where available in 4.X, they will be in 5.X. If requested features are new, we can discuss it as soon as 5.x. is at least in beta state.

Current status:

I'm implementing multi-video selection. It's almost completed, and also very fast. I extended the emby DB in Kodi with additional information.

Maybe initial DB sync could be a littlebit slower, but it caches those multistream info. This results in no more Emby-server queries while playback.

Next version will require a DB rebuild.

Video backdrops were available in 4.x.  I know there were only available in addon mode with TV Tunes installed.  I also remember that I had to send emby4kodi an explicit command to sync theme media, and it wouldnt just do that on its own.  I can dig up some old threads where I asked about it if that helps.  

jachin99

I'm not sure how much of the code you were able to reuse from 4.x but maybe the theme media portion still works.  I remember being able to run a script that calls the sync theme media command and with proper skin support, video backdrops would work in kodi.  If you look in the wiki for E4K here, https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Actions you will find plugin://plugin.video.emby?mode=thememedia, which I was able to use to synch theme media.  At one point there was an option in the e4k settings gui to do this but I think it was taken out of e4k at some point.  Calling the script still worked but there wasn't a button to do sync theme media in the settings menu.  

I had also asked about trailers, and TeamB was able to point me in the direction of some code in 4.x that might do the trick here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/blob/647af73c74c3bd4dbd1e057bd0be4ddcccaa8ae6/resources/lib/entrypoint/default.py#L1023  Angelblue was already gone at that point, and even if I had found someone to merge the new change, I don't think it would have been possible.  I understand this plugin is still in its early phased but perhaps at least the theme media still works, which I will test on my own.  If this doesn't work I hope this at least points you in the right direction.  Thanks again for keeping this alive, and I'm really impressed with it so far.  

• Like 1

quickmic

I put it on the todo list, but priority is still re implement 4.X functions in 5.x

I'm not sure how much of the code you were able to reuse

Mostly I'm rewriting the player and database code. For the rest, I keep as much as possible as it was in 4.X. Even if there is plenty of room for improvements.

But I will not open too many cases at once.

Update:

Multi Video selection is working. I will release it in a few days. I have to perform more tests and optimize the code.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2

quickmic, shall we report issues we might encounter right here or shall we wait until a beta is released?

I am quite excited seeing E4K being improved and actively developed again. 🙂

Edited by neik
  • Like 1

quickmic

You can report here but only core issues, mainly playback and database issues. I know, a lot of features which are still available in the settings (playback) are not working at the moment.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

jachin99
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

I put it on the todo list, but priority is still re implement 4.X functions in 5.x

Mostly I'm rewriting the player and database code. For the rest, I keep as much as possible as it was in 4.X. Even if there is plenty of room for improvements.

But I will not open too many cases at once.

Update:

Multi Video selection is working. I will release it in a few days. I have to perform more tests and optimize the code.

That makes sense, and thanks for considering it.  

Is the latest build supposed to work on Android TV (Mi Box S) with Kodi 18.8?
I can connect to the server but I neither can see any movie/tv show in the plugin nor can I select the libraries to sync.

Yesterday, on Windows it worked quite good.

1 hour ago, neik said:

Is the latest build supposed to work on Android TV (Mi Box S) with Kodi 18.8?
I can connect to the server but I neither can see any movie/tv show in the plugin nor can I select the libraries to sync.

Yesterday, on Windows it worked quite good.

i had the same problem on my mi stick i installed the mestable version 4.x and Updated  for 5 it worked without problems 

Edited by kstilho

7 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Well, I've tested with my Android cellphone there it worked. I'll test again tomorrow.

Just tried it on my phone and there it works just like on Windows but on Android TV appears to be an issue.
Maybe you can have a look at it?

53 minutes ago, neik said:

Just tried it on my phone and there it works just like on Windows but on Android TV appears to be an issue.
Maybe you can have a look at it?

Hi

yeah, I have the same problem. Not working on android tv on nvidia shield, nor installing from scratch neither upgrading from version 4....