embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

BuzStringer
40 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I tested and movie was removed instantly from Kodi library. When it happens again, send me the kodi.log (don't restart Kodi, this would clear the log).

I used addon mode.

Ah, I am using native playback mode. I deleted an episode of The Apprentice titled "fishing"

Edit: it happens every-time, easy for me to replicate

kodi.log

Edited by BuzStringer
  • Like 1

quickmic
13 minutes ago, BuzStringer said:

Ah, I am using native playback mode. I deleted an episode of The Apprentice titled "fishing"

Edit: it happens every-time, easy for me to replicate

kodi.log 348.75 kB · 3 downloads

Which skin. Actually the log shows the episode was removed at "2022-07-20 16:29:39.031"

• Like 1

BuzStringer
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Which skin. Actually the log shows the episode was removed at "2022-07-20 16:29:39.031"

Aeon Nox Silvo v8.0.1

It's removed from Emby, (and deleted) If go Emby on a web browser or app, it's gone. But it hangs around in Kodi. :(

• Like 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, BuzStringer said:

Aeon Nox Silvo v8.0.1

It's removed from Emby, (and deleted) If go Emby on a web browser or app, it's gone. But it hangs around in Kodi. :(

The log shows deleted. I'll perform another test with your skin and episode (not movie).

• Like 1

BuzStringer
20 minutes ago, quickmic said:

The log shows deleted. I'll perform another test with your skin and episode (not movie).

Just did a fresh install of Kodi and Emby Next Gen on a different computer,  Standard Kodi Skin, native playback mode.

same result, Log attached if that helps (Line 19693)

I deleted another episode of the apprentice titled "wales"

kodi.log

BuzStringer
11 minutes ago, BuzStringer said:

Just did a fresh install of Kodi and Emby Next Gen on a different computer,  Standard Kodi Skin, native playback mode.

kodi.log 2.56 MB · 1 download

Ok, After restarting the FRESH Kodi install, everything is working, deleted videos go away everytime when using native playback mode

I tested the Aeon Nox Silvo Skin on the fresh install, all good there as well.

So there must be something wrong with my existing set up.

Don't spend any more time on it, i'll report back if i can fixed it (really don't want to do fresh re-installs on that one )

• Like 1

quickmic
21 minutes ago, BuzStringer said:

kodi.log 2.56 MB · 1 download

Episode ID should be: "115624"

It was deleted here:

2022-07-20 17:15:17.940 T:181544    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows: DELETE episode [827/828] 115624

This record was removed after you played it and Kodi reported not available. So far this makes sense, question is why it was removed after.

I'll re-review it

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

quickmic

I assume that's why:

"2022-07-20 17:14:56.338 T:154572    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.database.library: [ worker remove sync paused ]"

So the remove job was paused. This happens when playback is in progress.

If you play content (or paused) all jobs are postponed. I assume you removed the episode while still playing content. You can disable sync delay in plugins options. This should fix the problem, actually if I'm right this is on purpose.

• Like 1

BuzStringer
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

I assume that's why:

"2022-07-20 17:14:56.338 T:154572    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.database.library: [ worker remove sync paused ]"

So the remove job was paused. This happens when playback is in progress.

If you play content (or paused) all jobs are postponed. I assume you removed the episode while still playing content. You can disable sync delay in plugins options. This should fix the problem, actually if I'm right this is on purpose.

So an update, I got it all working on my main install, first I tried resetting the database and starting from scratch, nothing worked no library, I had about 4 TV shows and 2 Movies that just wouldn't clear at all even with ALL kodi sources removed.

looks like my Kodi database file got corrupted I deleted it from the video folder in app data (and the emby DB file that was there) Reset DB from inside Kodi again, and everything works and delete works as well.. Huzzah !

Thanks for your time, This was an annoying problem

• Like 1

jaybird2203

Noticed 2 issues with 6.2.20 on OSMC (march 2022 patch installed) Vero 4K+ running the default skin where after each reboot its the same scenario. 

1 - I'm prompted to enable usersync as well as which mode to use (native or add-on). 

2 - The prompt does not respond to CEC commands (have to use the native OMSC remote for the pop up to actually move) while the CEC commands work fine outside of the prompt once acknowledged. 

I've PM'd the link for the logs that are provided from OSMC to help.

quickmic
3 hours ago, jaybird2203 said:

Noticed 2 issues with 6.2.20 on OSMC (march 2022 patch installed) Vero 4K+ running the default skin where after each reboot its the same scenario. 

1 - I'm prompted to enable usersync as well as which mode to use (native or add-on).

I've PM'd the link for the logs that are provided from OSMC to help.

Thanks for the log, first thought comes to mind. The plugin's setting file is corrupted. Try to delete.

rm /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/settings.xml

Edit:

confirmed:

ERROR <general>: CAddon[plugin.video.emby-next-gen]: failed to load addon settings from special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/settings.xml

btw:

This is not a plugin issue, usually happens on powercuts in a bad moment (write io in progress). Maybe I can add an indicator to detect broken setting files, but would be just a workaround.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
4 hours ago, jaybird2203 said:

2 - The prompt does not respond to CEC commands (have to use the native OMSC remote for the pop up to actually move) while the CEC commands work fine outside of the prompt once acknowledged.

Hard to track it down. I don't use CEC, maybe a focus issue. Strange it works with regular remote control.

Edited by quickmic

jaybird2203
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

This is not a plugin issue, usually happens on powercuts in a bad moment (write io in progress). Maybe I can add an indicator to detect broken setting files, but would be just a workaround.

Thank you for finding that (and providing the exact steps to remove the file!). Wasn't sure if there was another issue with the process that reads the file compared to the file itself. 

As for the CEC commands, I'll check if the corrupted settings file had anything to do with this then move onto trying the plugin's startup delay incase there's a race condition when using OSMC.

• Like 1

jaybird2203

Confirmed, removing just the corrupted settings file allowed the CEC commands to work on the next prompt again. 

• Like 1

quickmic
On 7/26/2022 at 9:27 PM, jaybird2203 said:

Confirmed, removing just the corrupted settings file allowed the CEC commands to work on the next prompt again. 

May you have a backup of the corrupted file? I try to catch this case automatically in next (7.x) version.

jaybird2203
On 29/07/2022 at 16:13, quickmic said:

May you have a backup of the corrupted file? I try to catch this case automatically in next (7.x) version.

Unfortunately no. I'll keep an eye out should it happen again and pull a backup at that time prior to removing it.

• Like 1

otarie

Hey there, since the update of the emby server app to 4.7.6.0 I'm having problems with the sync of some libraries. I tried to repair one of my libraries but it got stuck during the process and i restarted kodi. Then my librariy was empty and when i try to repair it again, i get not notification and the emby server starts to crash, because it uses more than 10 GB of RAM. NOw i did it database reset and it sync very slowly while still using almost all my available ram. Whats going on here? I attached the log files. Thank you

embyserver.txt kodi.log

quickmic

I see the problem, not sure why this happen, but this issue is "covered" in 7.x version. For a quick solution perform an upgrade. (IF YOU USE KODI 19 and higher, DON'T UPGRADE for Kodi 18)

I'll also fix it in 6.x but this will take a couple of days.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New (beta) version available 6.2.21:

delta changelog:

fix total records counter issue

quickmic

Announcement:

Emby server will soon (probably in next Emby  server version 4.7.7) change its internal folder ID (internal id used for libraries identification).

6.x version already supports this change, but as soon as done you need to reset Kodi's database (via plugin config menu).

Be aware this is a manual process and can be easy overlooked. You will not experience playback issues, but the sync will no longer work without a reset.

Please keep this in mind when upgrading Emby server.

btw, if you use Emby server's beta version, no need to reset. Emby beta already uses the new id.

Edited by quickmic

monkeylove

Hello. Is it possible to show Emby: Favorite Collections in the Videos Categories in Kodi? I see Favorite Movies, Shows, Episodes, and MusicVideos. I already have some collections hearted.

quickmic
5 minutes ago, monkeylove said:

Hello. Is it possible to show Emby: Favorite Collections in the Videos Categories in Kodi? I see Favorite Movies, Shows, Episodes, and MusicVideos. I already have some collections hearted.

Probably yes, I'll check it.

• 2 weeks later...
monkeylove

I created a library with the type "Home movies and videos" and the name "Others." Some files are in folders. For example,

Folder: Videos01Folder

Contents:

Videos01 E01.mp4

Videos01 E02.mp4

When I visit "Others" in Kodi and list the videos, they show up as the contents shown above:

Videos01 E01.mp4

Videos01 E02.mp4

Is it possible for the folders, like Videos01Folder, to show up when I list the videos?

quickmic
50 minutes ago, monkeylove said:

I created a library with the type "Home movies and videos" and the name "Others." Some files are in folders. For example,

Folder: Videos01Folder

Contents:

Videos01 E01.mp4

Videos01 E02.mp4

When I visit "Others" in Kodi and list the videos, they show up as the contents shown above:

Videos01 E01.mp4

Videos01 E02.mp4

Is it possible for the folders, like Videos01Folder, to show up when I list the videos?

I think you should upload screenshots or even better a video for better explanation. I just get a rough idea what you want, general answer.

Any custom skin can be adapted to show exactly what (content) you want , how (widgets, lists, categories) you want and were (menu modifications) you want. Available nodes are listed in plugins "run" menu and of course select-able via skin helpers.

...Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I think what you are actually asking, is. How do I mod a Kodi skin?

This is something not really related to the plugin, but I assume there are many (video) tutorial available.

quickmic
1 hour ago, monkeylove said:

For Kodi, homevideos are technically movies with a "homevideo" tag.

Kodi stock nodes have by default no "tag filters" and you'll find everything under movies.  Therefore Kodi stock nodes are useless in such a case. You don't want Homevideos under movies.

Kodi default nodes are very basic. Such thing as "libraries" doesn't exist in Kodi. They are good enough if you have ONE dedicated movie library, ONE dedicated tvshow library and probably ONE dedicated musicvideo library on Emby server.

Every "better" structured "Emby library structure" should be implemented to Kodi with adaptable skins and custom nodes.

btw, don't get confused if Kodi has a menu record for "videos". This is actually a file browser, Kodi's database supports ONLY movies, tvshows, musicvideos and music.

Even pictures are not in Kodi database, that's the reason pictures are only available via dynamic nodes (pictures cannot be synced).

Also Kodi's "stock" pictureviewer is just a better filebrowser.

Final hint, if you start modding Kodi skins, use 7.x version. Custom nodes are better structured and easier to understand as in 6.x

Edited by quickmic