embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

Also I can see you are using aws. You mentioned, emby-next-gen and embycon are not playing content. Did it work in the past with any other version.

At the moment I think it has something todo with the aws/network.

The log shows 404 after playback was started, which means site not available.

Embyjunky

Hello All,

I am not sure this is Emby for Kodi issue but I dont have this problem in Emby so I start it here. I have run Emby Server for MANY years but recently experience these endless scans and multiple entries. Have you seen this issue before?

20220316_184800.jpg

20220316_184816.jpg

20220316_185331.jpg

cschongshi
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

Also I can see you are using aws. You mentioned, emby-next-gen and embycon are not playing content. Did it work in the past with any other version.

At the moment I think it has something todo with the aws/network.

The log shows 404 after playback was started, which means site not available.

yes!but it can play in android's emby,when i play in kodi is error. It's a https website, I try again and again ,once in a while it can play in kodi ,but allows can't work.when it's work,Kodi show a icon :emby'SSL configuration is error . I think it's something wrong in the connectiong.I want to see emby in Kodi……

quickmic
3 hours ago, Embyjunky said:

Hello All,

I am not sure this is Emby for Kodi issue but I dont have this problem in Emby so I start it here. I have run Emby Server for MANY years but recently experience these endless scans and multiple entries. Have you seen this issue before?

20220316_184800.jpg

20220316_184816.jpg

20220316_185331.jpg

Seems Kodi crashed during scan. This could exactly result in double records due to database inconsistency. Did Kodi crash or did you power off Kodi while scanning?

Also please send me a kodi.log for review.

quickmic

New version available 6.2.13

delta changelog:

fix local trailers
fix FireTV permission issue

quickmic
On 3/16/2022 at 10:46 PM, wso277 said:

Hi, is cinema mode supposed to work with custom intros?

If I enable cinema mode with a folder for custom intros kodi refuses to play a movie (i've attached a log). It fails playing the custom intro because it tries to request a local path.

If I remove the custom intro setting from the server settings, kodi works fine and plays both a trailer and the movie.

2022-03-16 21_45_27-Cinema Intros - Brave.png

kodi.log 107.45 kB · 2 downloads

Please try 6.2.13 and report back.

Malpractis

Hey quickmic, have you had any reports of shows not being marked as watched?

I'm on SHIELD, did a full reinstall of Kodi 19.4, and emby-next-gen 6.2.10 (then upgraded to 6.2.13). But since doing the reinstall shows are no longer being marked as watched when the show ends.

quickmic
5 hours ago, Malpractis said:

Hey quickmic, have you had any reports of shows not being marked as watched?

I'm on SHIELD, did a full reinstall of Kodi 19.4, and emby-next-gen 6.2.10 (then upgraded to 6.2.13). But since doing the reinstall shows are no longer being marked as watched when the show ends.

Only the TV shows, the season the episodes or everything? They are all handled differently. I mean all episodes watched in season should tag the season as watched. All season watched should lead to TVShow tagged as watched. Or are you talking about episodes only?

Seems another user reported the same issue here:

Edited by quickmic

Malpractis
24 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Only the TV shows, the season the episodes or everything? They are all handled differently.

Seems to be only the actual episodes. Everything else appears to be working. I'll try the sync date and let you know

• Like 1

Malpractis

Yep so setting the sync date back to force an immediate sync after finishing an episode caused it to sync back to emby.

Weird I never had this behavior previously, it would sync the watched status immediately.

hstamas
On 3/17/2022 at 1:45 AM, quickmic said:

I'll check that, how do you select the content with custom tags in Kodi?

Morning Mic.

Were you able to look into this at all?

Not a dealbreaker or anything but I would really like to be able to see episode level tags for my seasonal smart playlists if at all possible.

Thanks

quickmic
49 minutes ago, hstamas said:

Morning Mic.

Were you able to look into this at all?

Not a dealbreaker or anything but I would really like to be able to see episode level tags for my seasonal smart playlists if at all possible.

Thanks

Kodi does not support tags for episodes or seasons. This would only possible via dynamic content lists.

Tags are supported for TV shows, movies etc.

So it depends on the exact usecase/playlists.

Edited by quickmic

hstamas
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Kodi does not support tags for episodes or seasons. This would only possible via dynamic content lists.

Tags are supported for TV shows, movies etc.

So it depends on the exact usecase/playlists.

Gotcha. Thats unfortunate.

My wife has a ton of Food Network programing and I have a tag in Emby called "Christmas Cooking". I mark individual episodes with this tag and Emby can filter them. I was hoping Kodi would see them as well so when I use my smart playlist to play Food Network content I could filter out the Christmas stuff during the summer for example.

Any suggestions on how to filter out holiday based episodes in Kodi?

quickmic
48 minutes ago, hstamas said:

Gotcha. Thats unfortunate.

My wife has a ton of Food Network programing and I have a tag in Emby called "Christmas Cooking". I mark individual episodes with this tag and Emby can filter them. I was hoping Kodi would see them as well so when I use my smart playlist to play Food Network content I could filter out the Christmas stuff during the summer for example.

Any suggestions on how to filter out holiday based episodes in Kodi?

Not yet, but I put that on the feature request list for 7.x

jimbobjones

just wondering what the problem might be - been running emby next-gen (6.2.13) in CoreElec 19.4-Matrix

I will download a tv episode, a few seconds later, the emby server will see the file and add it to the library. Sometimes emby-nextgen will get the new episode fairly quickly, and other times , like yesterday, 6 hours after downloading an episode and being imported into the emby library, the content still wasn't visible in Kodi. When I reboot my kodi box, it obviously connects to Emby after bootup, and that show is now there. Not sure why it stops talking to the server during that six hour period? Or new episodes aren't being pushed or whatever?

I have noticed this many times, and getting sick of it so wondering if others are seeing this.

Edited by jimbobjones

obituary

Have there been any improvements for watched statuses syncing between 6.2.9 and 6.2.13?

I had all my shields running 6.2.9 and have seen some syncing issues (just upgraded to 6.2.13 though). It seems like the clients are updating the server fine, but watched status isn't syncing to other clients after.

wso277
On 3/21/2022 at 5:49 AM, quickmic said:

I think I kinda screwed up updating from the stable to the beta repo. Will do a clean reset and report back.

I may have found another bug, I know it's not one of the most popular features, but subtitle downloaders seems to break with shows with longer titles (it may exist in movies as well, but I haven't seen one triggering yet). Subtitle downloads fine (i can see it in the folder) but seems to fail copying it somewhere (mentined in the log, I think it's because the path is too large, path itself looks correct though).

I can attach a log later if you want, but it's pretty easy to replicate for me

quickmic
7 hours ago, jimbobjones said:

just wondering what the problem might be - been running emby next-gen (6.2.13) in CoreElec 19.4-Matrix

I will download a tv episode, a few seconds later, the emby server will see the file and add it to the library. Sometimes emby-nextgen will get the new episode fairly quickly, and other times , like yesterday, 6 hours after downloading an episode and being imported into the emby library, the content still wasn't visible in Kodi. When I reboot my kodi box, it obviously connects to Emby after bootup, and that show is now there. Not sure why it stops talking to the server during that six hour period? Or new episodes aren't being pushed or whatever?

I have noticed this many times, and getting sick of it so wondering if others are seeing this.

Could be that the communication went offline, but I don't really think so. Export a kodi.log (wait a few minutes) after you added an episode and send it to me.

It also depends what/how you added episodes. Was it a replacement or just a new episode. I assume when Emby server send the the info to Kodi, the "integration" was not complete and only partial infos were send to Kodi. This could skip the espisode sync at this point. On a Kodi restart, Emby had fully embedded the episode (assigned to season etc) and that's why it worked on this point.

Without a log, hard to say what really happens.

Malpractis

For the watched status. It looks like emby is getting the notification immediately, just Kodi isn't updating with the status. Maybe it's an error with Embuary moreso than emby-next-gen? 

quickmic
6 hours ago, Malpractis said:

For the watched status. It looks like emby is getting the notification immediately, just Kodi isn't updating with the status. Maybe it's an error with Embuary moreso than emby-next-gen? 

Maybe, you can try stock skin as a test.

wso277
On 3/21/2022 at 5:49 AM, quickmic said:

Seems to be working well now. No more crashes loading the pre rolls.

I've attached a log with the subtitle download problem if you want to take a look (there's some other errors in the log, but i'm in the process of remaking the widgets)

kodi - Copy.log

embyL0VER

As a hint for all users with communication problems or sync issues, maybe you all have to look in emby (webui) at devices and remove all your Kodi devices and than start a new fresh emby server connection in kodi (emby next gen). Maybe this is still a bug if you just updating from old emby next gen versions.

Edited by embyL0VER
  • Like 2

jimbobjones
15 hours ago, quickmic said:

Could be that the communication went offline, but I don't really think so. Export a kodi.log (wait a few minutes) after you added an episode and send it to me.

It also depends what/how you added episodes. Was it a replacement or just a new episode. I assume when Emby server send the the info to Kodi, the "integration" was not complete and only partial infos were send to Kodi. This could skip the espisode sync at this point. On a Kodi restart, Emby had fully embedded the episode (assigned to season etc) and that's why it worked on this point.

Without a log, hard to say what really happens.

next time it happens I'll grab a log. It was definitely a new episode, not a replacement.

Malpractis
7 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

As a hint for all users with communication problems or sync issues, maybe you all have to look in emby (webui) at devices and remove all your Kodi devices and than start a new fresh emby server connection in kodi (emby next gen). Maybe this is still a bug if you just updating from old emby next gen versions.

That's a great idea, I'd completely forgotten about that!

jimbobjones
20 hours ago, quickmic said:

happened today, 25/3

Episode was added to Emby at 12.30pm, and at 1.29pm it wasn't showing in Kodi. I then loaded a tv ep at 1.29pm and stopped immediately, and then I caught the update on the screen that a sync occurred, and then it was there. 

Any ideas what I can do to sort this out?

kodi.log