embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
8 minutes ago, Mickelebof said:

Wonderfull !

I had tried in all the menus, this one I had not seen grrrrr
It works perfectly, thanks for your time :)

Very good work anyway, usually to scan all my media libraries it took more than 2 hours, now it's done in a few minutes, incredible.
Have a great day ;)

Final question, let me guess. You are using Nvidia shield? So far, all reported issues with smart playlists are reported from Shield users.

Mickelebof
12 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Final question, let me guess. You are using Nvidia shield? So far, all reported issues with smart playlists are reported from Shield users.

Yes, I've Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 ;)

But I can try with Amazon CubeTV too, if you want :)

quickmic
3 minutes ago, Mickelebof said:

Yes, I've Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 ;)

But I can try with Amazon CubeTV too, if you want :)

You can, but not urgent.

I think something is "odd" with nvidia shield. 90% of all reported issues are related to this box (if it's not actually a common bug)

Edited by quickmic

Mickelebof
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

You can, but not urgent.

I think something is "odd" with nvidia shield. 90% of all reported issues are related to this box.

Ok, thanks for this information.

But if, as you said, this is a way of working that will disappear, we might as well stop using it now ;)

• Like 1

quickmic
6 hours ago, waltzin said:

I think something is borked

Ok so on my windows pc with a fresh install of Leia and Emby Next Gen 6.2.11 - playlists are working fine.

On my Shield, my .xsp looks exactly the same as yours.

I will reinstall kodi on my Shield and pretty sure this will fix it.  Thanks for your help.

I think you are affected by the Nvidia shield issue with playlists. Please swap to custom nodes instead of playlists.

Edited by quickmic

waltzin
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I think you are affected by the Nvidia shield issue with playlists. Please swap to custom nodes instead of playlists.

Playlists are working fine for me on the Shield after a fresh install of kodi. 👍

I use both nodes and playlists to achieve certain widgets and menus i want for my homescreen(using skin titanmod)

Smart playlists let me create more advanced playlists that aren't possible with the nodes available through Emby. For example:

- A Playlist showing only Japanese movies from my "International Movies" Emby Library.

- A Playlist Merging "TV Shows" and "Anime" Emby Libraries to have a single widget showing the in progress of each.

- A Playlist  showing all movies across all my Emby movie libraries excluding one of them

I think there is a library node editor kodi addon that may help achive this with nodes but the last time I played around with that I found it difficult to achieve what I wanted.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
On 3/14/2022 at 10:02 PM, waltzin said:

Playlists are working fine for me on the Shield after a fresh install of kodi. 👍

I use both nodes and playlists to achieve certain widgets and menus i want for my homescreen(using skin titanmod)

Smart playlists let me create more advanced playlists that aren't possible with the nodes available through Emby. For example:

- A Playlist showing only Japanese movies from my "International Movies" Emby Library.

- A Playlist Merging "TV Shows" and "Anime" Emby Libraries to have a single widget showing the in progress of each.

- A Playlist  showing all movies across all my Emby movie libraries excluding one of them

I think there is a library node editor kodi addon that may help achive this with nodes but the last time I played around with that I found it difficult to achieve what I wanted.

Yes all this is also possible with nodes but I agree. Can be difficult but the syntax of playlists and nodes is almost the same. If it works with playlist on your setup, there is no need to change.

Very old thread:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=165987

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New version available in beta repo 6.2.12

delta changelog

add skin reload option

Please test this function before I push it to stable repo

t123thomas
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks for testing, all issues like "multipocessing" or "get_trakt_info" are related to skin or skin-helpers. I don't see any issue from next-gen plugin.

Thanks

quickmic

No, but it's not that hard.

Just select "connect to server" in plugin config menu. -> connect to any (additional) server you want.

Once done, plugin config menu -> sync -> manage libraries.

Smasher
19 minutes ago, quickmic said:

No, but it's not that hard.

Just select "connect to server" in plugin config menu. -> connect to any (additional) server you want.

Once done, plugin config menu -> sync -> manage libraries.

Okay, thank you..   I'll keep a copy of that message ;)

I thought it was something like that..  But better now screw around too much 😂

• Like 1

wso277

Hi, is cinema mode supposed to work with custom intros?

If I enable cinema mode with a folder for custom intros kodi refuses to play a movie (i've attached a log). It fails playing the custom intro because it tries to request a local path.

If I remove the custom intro setting from the server settings, kodi works fine and plays both a trailer and the movie.

2022-03-16 21_45_27-Cinema Intros - Brave.png

kodi.log

• Like 1

hstamas

Does E4K support importing of individual tv episode tags from Emby?

I can see tags that  I’ve set for entire shows but I also have individual episodes set with tags to filter out holiday episodes for example. I don’t see those in Kodi.

quickmic
7 hours ago, wso277 said:

Hi, is cinema mode supposed to work with custom intros?

If I enable cinema mode with a folder for custom intros kodi refuses to play a movie (i've attached a log). It fails playing the custom intro because it tries to request a local path.

If I remove the custom intro setting from the server settings, kodi works fine and plays both a trailer and the movie.

2022-03-16 21_45_27-Cinema Intros - Brave.png

kodi.log 107.45 kB · 0 downloads

I think you found a bug. Yes they should be playable, seems the plugin used wrong path. I'll fix that in one of the next versions. Thanks for reporting.

quickmic
4 hours ago, hstamas said:

Does E4K support importing of individual tv episode tags from Emby?

I can see tags that  I’ve set for entire shows but I also have individual episodes set with tags to filter out holiday episodes for example. I don’t see those in Kodi.

I'll check that, how do you select the content with custom tags in Kodi?

hstamas
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

I'll check that, how do you select the content with custom tags in Kodi?

I use the tags I set up in Emby in smart playlists in Kodi.

I also looked in E4K library node and don’t see them there either. The show level tags appear though.

quickmic
1 hour ago, cschongshi said:

coreelec 19.4 's emby-next-gen and embycon can’t play.It can connect server,but when i play videos it was wrong

here is log
http://ix.io/3s1f 7
http://ix.io/3s1d 3

These logs are system logs from libreelec, not the kodi.log what I would for review.

Please upload the kodi.log

cschongshi

is this two?I'm in kodi19.4,the last emby-next-gen,can't play anything,help

Edited by quickmic

cschongshi
51 minutes ago, quickmic said:

These logs are system logs from libreelec, not the kodi.log what I would for review.

Please upload the kodi.log

it's another log,is this?thanks!why i can't play anything

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
14 minutes ago, cschongshi said:

yes these log, I've downloaded them an removed from you postings. These are debug logs and included the api-key which should NEVER published public.

I'll review the logs...

quickmic
18 minutes ago, cschongshi said:

First question. I see in the logs you a playing dynamic (not synced) content. Is this in purpose?

Don't get me wrong, it should work also with dynamic content, but usually synced content is what you want.