embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

I tried that again and got the [retrieve changes] message to be updated appropriately (I moved the date back to the 25th). I see more things in the syncing (probably because it's syncing watched/updated movies from the past couple days based on the titles shown), but still not my new TV Show episodes.

Edited by NNate
  • Like 1

quickmic
16 hours ago, NNate said:

I tried that again and got the [retrieve changes] message to be updated appropriately (I moved the date back to the 25th). I see more things in the syncing (probably because it's syncing watched/updated movies from the past couple days based on the titles shown), but still not my new TV Show episodes.

kodi.log 25.46 kB · 0 downloads

Log, looks good, no issues but:

According to the log...

2022-02-27 14:40:35.719 T:9618     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.database.library: [ retrieve changes ] f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805 / movies / False
2022-02-27 14:40:35.733 T:9618     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.database.library: [ retrieve changes ] 767bffe4f11c93ef34b805451a696a4e / music / False
2022-02-27 14:40:35.744 T:9618     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.database.library: [ retrieve changes ] f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805 / movies / True
2022-02-27 14:40:35.757 T:9618     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.database.library: [ retrieve changes ] 767bffe4f11c93ef34b805451a696a4e / music / True

...you haven't synced your TVShows to Kodi.

Did you create a new TV-Show library (on Emby server ) and not included as synced (next-gen config menu -> sync -> manage libraries)?

Edited by quickmic

No, I haven't. When I go to add libraries in next-gen, it only shows "Camera Uploads". In both the remove and repair sections it shows "Movies" and "TV Shows".

• Thanks 1

quickmic
6 hours ago, NNate said:

No, I haven't. When I go to add libraries in next-gen, it only shows "Camera Uploads". In both the remove and repair sections it shows "Movies" and "TV Shows".

There is something wrong in the sync selections. Please send me your database kodi database files (via PM). Or even better the complete kodi userfolder.

Please compress it to zip before sending me.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
On 3/1/2022 at 12:51 AM, NNate said:

Thanks for sending me the userdata folder. I just had a quick look, seems you are using a mixed type library on Emby server for you TV Shows. Is this correct?

quickmic
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks for sending me the userdata folder. I just had a quick look, seems you are using a mixed type library on Emby server for you TV Shows. Is this correct?

I can confirm, there is a bug in mixed library content sync. I'll fix it soon.

• Like 1

quickmic

New version available 6.2.11

delta changelog

- fix mixed content lib sync on Kodi start

• Like 1

NNate
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

Huh, it looks like I am. Not on purpose, but I have confirmed that is the case.

I've been running Emby for so long now, who knows how or when it got into that state.

NNate

I installed 6.2.11 and moved my last sync date back a month. I can confirm that all my TV Shows synced over properly.

After confirming the fix, I went and changed my content type on the emby server to the proper value (while removing and readding the source in next-gen plugin). Hopefully I'll be good for the forseeable future now.

Thanks again for taking such a close look at things.

• Like 1

Vipa2021
On 2/24/2022 at 2:23 PM, Vipa2021 said:

When I have another replace I will let you know.

I think kodi was not running

Just had another replace in 6.2.10 and the fix worked as expected (kodi not running while replacing the episode). Thx!

• Like 1

tr0nllam

I'm having an issue where Emby-Next-Gen doesn't sync after I return from hiberation. I am using 6.2.11.

Here's what it says in the log:

2022-03-06 18:37:01.183 T:7120     INFO <general>: Asking Windows to hibernate...
2022-03-06 18:37:01.768 T:5808     INFO <general>: CPowerManager::OnSleep: Running sleep jobs
2022-03-06 18:37:01.811 T:6988     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.hooks.monitor: -->[ sleep ]
2022-03-06 18:37:01.812 T:8544     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.hooks.webservice: ---<[ webservice/57342 ]
2022-03-06 18:37:03.513 T:8380     INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: --->[ websocket reconnecting ]
2022-03-08 17:04:33.620 T:8380     INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: [ websocket reconnecting failed ]
2022-03-08 17:04:33.620 T:8380     INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: --->[ websocket reconnecting ]
2022-03-08 17:04:34.123 T:7152    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for http://127.0.0.1:57342/embyimage-f9c48e168a6e493aace9b64614b864ee-149814-0-Backdrop-3e4c19cc3205d9b4225f56dea562c619
2022-03-08 17:04:35.620 T:8380     INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: [ websocket reconnecting failed ]
2022-03-08 17:04:35.620 T:8380     INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: --->[ websocket reconnecting ]

Edited by tr0nllam
  • Like 1

quickmic
7 hours ago, tr0nllam said:

I'm having an issue where Emby-Next-Gen doesn't sync after I return from hiberation. I am using 6.2.11.

Here's what it says in the log:

Unfortunately I cannot test on Windows I'll check it on Linux. Can anyone else confirm this issue?

waltzin

Hi, my Emby Next Gen just auto updated to 6.2.11 and wanted to say thanks for your hard work.

The library importing seems like its five times faster now.

However I'm having some issues with Smart Playlists since the update.

After finding and enabling "Enable smart playlists" in the addon settings, my emby libraries now show in the Kodi playlists section however when I click on them nothing populates/no movies show. 

I tried repairing libraries but didn't help and then I tried deleting Emby Next Gen and starting fresh but hasn't helped.

Not sure if this is a bug or I'm missing something?

• Like 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, waltzin said:

Hi, my Emby Next Gen just auto updated to 6.2.11 and wanted to say thanks for your hard work.

After finding and enabling "Enable smart playlists" in the addon settings, my emby libraries now show in the Kodi playlists section however when I click on them nothing populates/no movies show. 

I tried repairing libraries but didn't help and then I tried deleting Emby Next Gen and starting fresh but hasn't helped.

Frankly, I haven't tested smart playlist for a long time. I'll perform a test and come back to you.

quickmic
38 minutes ago, waltzin said:

I performed a test with smart playlists with movies and tvshows. Both working fine on my setup.

Actually, some users reported general Kodi issues like crashes etc when playlists are enabled. Therefore is disabled by default.

What was the previous version you used? 5.X?

Did it work there?

waltzin
15 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I performed a test with smart playlists with movies and tvshows. Both working fine on my setup.

Actually, some users reported general Kodi issues like crashes etc when playlists are enabled. Therefore is disabled by default.

What was the previous version you used? 5.X?

Did it work there?

OK thanks for testing.

I'm using the stable repository in Kodi, so think my previous version was 5.3.2 and was working fine with it. I'm also still using Leia - if that matters.

I'm currently using on Nvidia Shield so will try and install on my windows pc and see if it has the same issue.

quickmic
14 minutes ago, waltzin said:

OK thanks for testing.

I'm using the stable repository in Kodi, so think my previous version was 5.3.2 and was working fine with it. I'm also still using Leia - if that matters.

I'm currently using on Nvidia Shield so will try and install on my windows pc and see if it has the same issue.

Yes please.

I also checked the xsp files and looks ok. (identical with 5.x) playlists.

..kodi/data/userdata/playlists/video/emby_movies_Movies.xsp

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Movies</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="tag" operator="is">
        <value>Movies</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

I haven't tested with Leia but shouldn't make any difference but who knows.

• Like 1

waltzin

I think something is borked

3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yes please.

I also checked the xsp files and looks ok. (identical with 5.x) playlists.

..kodi/data/userdata/playlists/video/emby_movies_Movies.xsp

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Movies</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="tag" operator="is">
        <value>Movies</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

I haven't tested with Leia but shouldn't make any difference but who knows.

Ok so on my windows pc with a fresh install of Leia and Emby Next Gen 6.2.11 - playlists are working fine.

On my Shield, my .xsp looks exactly the same as yours.

I will reinstall kodi on my Shield and pretty sure this will fix it.  Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Mickelebof

Hello,

The addon has been updated today from version 5.x to version 6.2.11 (stable repository)

If I activate the "smart playlist", kodi crashes every time when I enter a media library.

I don't understand how to use this addon without smart playlist.
In Kodi, I make a menu by media library, on which I choose the corresponding smart playlist and it works perfectly (in version 5.x).
How do I do it with version 6.x ?

If in the action of each menu I select :
    Extensions => Videos Extensions => Emby-next-gen => "library name"
I can see my different media libraries, but it doesn't work properly.

As it is, the addon is unusable for me :(
How to go back to a 5.x version?
Thanks for your help,

Mick

quickmic
15 minutes ago, Mickelebof said:

Hello,

The addon has been updated today from version 5.x to version 6.2.11 (stable repository)

If I activate the "smart playlist", kodi crashes every time when I enter a media library.

I don't understand how to use this addon without smart playlist.
In Kodi, I make a menu by media library, on which I choose the corresponding smart playlist and it works perfectly (in version 5.x).
How do I do it with version 6.x ?

If in the action of each menu I select :
    Extensions => Videos Extensions => Emby-next-gen => "library name"
I can see my different media libraries, but it doesn't work properly.

As it is, the addon is unusable for me :(
How to go back to a 5.x version?
Thanks for your help,

Mick

You can rollback to 5.x by:

1. Disable autoupdate on for the plugin

2. file manager -> kodi.emby.media -> public testting

3. select 5.x and install

General info:

Smart playlists are an "older" approach, I recommend not using them (I think even Kodi tries to replace them). They can cause issues (that's why disabled by default) and there is no reason why anyone should use them.

With a single Emby server and nothing special, you don't need any custom nodes or playlists. Just sync and that's it.

If you use a custom skin and also want custom views, use custom nodes, not playlists.

Edited by quickmic

Mickelebof
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

You can rollback to 5.x by:

1. Disable autoupdate on for the plugin

2. file manager -> kodi.emby.media -> public testting

3. select 5.x and install

General info:

Smart playlists are an "older" approach, i recommend not using them (I think even Kodi tries to replace them). They can cause issues (that's why disabled by default) and there is no reason why anyone should use them.

With a single Emby server and nothing special, you don't need any custom nodes or playlists. Just sync and that's it.

If you use a custom skin and also want custom views, use custom nodes, not playlists.

Hi quickmic,

Thanks for your answer.

I would like to keep the version 6 but I don't understand how to use it, let me explain:

In Emby, I have several media libraries of type "movies" and several of type "tv show".

In Kodi, in the main menu, I create a menu by media library, which allows me not to mix everything (I have very large media libraries)

What I can't do is to display the media library I want with the menu in question, example :
In the "One Man Shows" menu, display the "One Man Shows" media library only.

It's note a "custom skin", I'm using Aeon Nox.

I don't know if you understand well what I want to do, and my English is not good :(

Mick

PS : I can't find the "custom node", I don't knows what is this.

quickmic

I take a video, give me a few minutes....

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

Mickelebof
8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Here is a video with the basics.

https://youtu.be/S5_cDL5ra9A

I'm not an expert with this skin, but I think the concept should be clear. Feel free to modify anything you want with this approach.

Wonderfull !

I had tried in all the menus, this one I had not seen grrrrr
It works perfectly, thanks for your time :)

Very good work anyway, usually to scan all my media libraries it took more than 2 hours, now it's done in a few minutes, incredible.
Have a great day ;)

• Like 1