embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
On 2/17/2022 at 10:29 AM, heula said:

I mean this one. 

This is not yet visible in Kodi Next gen. All I see there is A-Z but all those folders are empty.

2022-02-17 10_26_22-.png

What's that exactly? Looks like a collection of phofots? -> Similar to a boxset

quickmic
On 2/19/2022 at 10:46 AM, quickmic said:

Can anyone tell me how to get the label view? I tried many ways, but never got a Label selection.

Please post a screenshot of your metadata.

Edited by quickmic

embyL0VER

@quickmic that view is in emby direct.

If you for example click on your movie gallery than you can select in the upper row "labels" or in german "marken".

But this is only available if you have manually set "labels/marken" in your metadata. Maybe in english this is called "tags".

The embuary skin is able to show hubs based on labels.

I for example use this functionality for making hubs for classic and kids movies.

This works without problems with emby-next-gen. Again but I think the only Kodi skin that supports this out of the box is embuary.

If you want a screenshot let me know if you would like them from emby or embuary.

Also I just have checked the emby-next-gen options. If you go to add-ons/emby-next-gen and than for example click on movies you get an option in german called "Nach Kennzeichen" there you will find the "labels/marken/tags" you have set in the emby metadata of your files.

Edited by embyL0VER

quickmic
17 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

@quickmicthat view is in emby direct.

If you for example click on your movie gallery than you can select in the upper row "labels" or in german "marken".

"emby direct" -> Do you mean the web interface? There is no such thing as "label" in my views.

sc1.png

embyL0VER

Sure there is. In your screenshot it is called "tags"

In German this was renamed to "marken" don't know why.

So basically now there are different namings for the same thing.

English: labels or tags

German: Kennzeichen or Marken

Edited by embyL0VER

quickmic

Ah, ok. That's a weird translation. I also have no tags in my photo collection. I'll try to add them.

embyL0VER

@quickmic as I said they will only appear if you have entered a label/tag or whatever you will call it in your metadata manually or with a scraper tool like tmm.

• Like 1

quickmic
6 minutes ago, mad-max said:

Why is "All Seasons" still displayed in the series view?
It doesn't show up on Emby Web.

How can i turn this off?

Unbenannt.png.c03973fc691c0c5063b0dcf3883830cc.png

That's a Kodi setting:

Media -> Videos [Subsection Library] -> "Show all items entry"

44 minutes ago, quickmic said:

That's a Kodi setting:

Media -> Videos [Subsection Library] -> "Show all items entry"

Thank you.
But I don’t have a choice like that.

Unbenannt2.thumb.png.fd58710b27d7cdeb5db68dcef2a7de58.png

quickmic
28 minutes ago, mad-max said:

Thank you.

I don't know where it's located in your skin. In default (estuary) skin it's there. Switch to Estuary, change the settings and switch back if you cannot find it.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
32 minutes ago, mad-max said:

Thank you.

I see the problem, switch to "setting mode" to expert. (left side menu at the bottom).

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 10:46 AM, quickmic said:

They are called labels in Emby but some other photo addons call them tags.

I give all my photos one or more labels with Picasa from Google so I can easily search for specific items. You can say it is something like a boxset yes.

Some images added of what I see in Kodi and how the labels are imported in Emby.

2022-02-21 17_34_08-Metadata Manager.png

2022-02-21 11.03.09.jpg

2022-02-21 11.03.22.jpg

2022-02-21 11.00.48.jpg

2022-02-21 11.02.32.jpg

2022-02-21 11.02.59.jpg

quickmic
4 minutes ago, heula said:

They are called labels in Emby but some other photo addons call them tags.

I give all my photos one or more labels with Picasa from Google so I can easily search for specific items. You can say it is something like a boxset yes.

Some images added of what I see in Kodi and how the labels are imported in Emby.

2022-02-21 17_34_08-Metadata Manager.png

2022-02-21 11.03.09.jpg

2022-02-21 11.03.22.jpg

2022-02-21 11.00.48.jpg

2022-02-21 11.02.32.jpg

2022-02-21 11.02.59.jpg

I've added tags node support in 7.x.

I hope that's what you want. You will be able browsing by tags, in all dynamic nodes.

I usually use the folder selection in such a case. My pictures are structured in sub folders and seems to have the same approach as you want via tag browsing.

pictures-folder.png

• Thanks 1

Vipa2021
On 2/18/2022 at 10:32 PM, quickmic said:

End of February is near. That's my target date for stable release (still 6.2.9).

Please report any issue if there are any. 😉

I got one in 6.2.9 - addon mode.

Had an episode in 720p which was already indexed by emby and synced to kodi.
Did an Upgrade to 1080p, which means 720p version was delete physically and replaced by 1080p version.
Emby reindexed and only had 1080p version afterwards as expected, but in kodi both version were in the library.
So it seems like the 720p version isn't properly removed from kodi library.

On another instance I added emby addon afterwards and the 1080p version was added, so emby db seems to be fine, only removal is a problem.

• Like 1

quickmic
3 hours ago, Vipa2021 said:

I got one in 6.2.9 - addon mode.

Had an episode in 720p which was already indexed by emby and synced to kodi.
Did an Upgrade to 1080p, which means 720p version was delete physically and replaced by 1080p version.
Emby reindexed and only had 1080p version afterwards as expected, but in kodi both version were in the library.
So it seems like the 720p version isn't properly removed from kodi library.

On another instance I added emby addon afterwards and the 1080p version was added, so emby db seems to be fine, only removal is a problem.

Thanks for reporting, so after replacing you got a multiselection on that episode, right.

Do you remember, was this a realtime sync? Did Kodi run at the point you replaced the episode?

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks for reporting, so after replacing you got a multiselection on that episode, right.

Do you remember, was this a realtime sync? Did Kodi run at the point you replaced the episode?

I think I found the problem. I'll fix it soon in 6.2.10. Also I'll extend the test period due to this issue. New estimated date for stable repo check-in, 2nd week of March.

Edited by quickmic

Vipa2021
On 2/23/2022 at 1:41 PM, quickmic said:

new version available 6.2.10

deltachangelog:

- fix the item replace issue

When I have another replace I will let you know.

On 2/23/2022 at 7:34 AM, quickmic said:

I think kodi was not running

I have another kind of strange behaviour:

When I start kodi some of the artworks for movies in the unseen mvoies section are missing. When I move over the movie the artworks loads, but disappears as soon as I move to another movie. Playing a movie and then stopping it triggers a reload of this section and all movies have artworks. Sometimes this refresh also happens when the emby plugin syncs jsut after kodi startup and the section is refeshed. If this happens all artwork is where it should be.

Here is a video of what I just tried to explain ;)

• Like 1

quickmic
15 minutes ago, Vipa2021 said:

When I have another replace I will let you know.

I think kodi was not running

I have another kind of strange behaviour:

When I start kodi some of the artworks for movies in the unseen mvoies section are missing. When I move over the movie the artworks loads, but disappears as soon as I move to another movie. Playing a movie and then stopping it triggers a reload of this section and all movies have artworks. Sometimes this refresh also happens when the emby plugin syncs jsut after kodi startup and the section is refeshed. If this happens all artwork is where it should be.

Here is a video of what I just tried to explain ;)

Yes, I know this issue. Happens when the skin tries to load the image before the Emby server connection was established.

A skin reload helps or navigate to a content list. This should trigger a homescreen reload.

In the past the plugin always forced a skin reload after connection was established, but there are users who didn't want that.

I'll add an option for skin reload in 7.x versions.

For the past few weeks I've been having issues with incremental syncs. It's most noticeable with TV Shows because I add a lot of those through the week, but maybe happening with Movies too.

New episodes are not being reflected in Kodi. If I wipe and rebuild the DB or remove the TV Shows source from the add-on and then re-add that as a source everything syncs up. But any changes after that initial clean sync do not get reflected.

In the Emby server, the view states are properly reflected and I see the client is connected, but any added shows in Emby aren't making their way down to Kodi.

I've taking multiple steps like resetting the addon defaults, but nothing helps.

I'm attaching my logs. The script.skin.helper.widgets error has been happening off and on for a long time, so that doesn't appear to be related to this specific issue.

Edited by NNate

quickmic

Well the log seems fine and there was a movie updated.

If you haven't rebuild the complete db, please set the last sync date before you added the TV-Shows, restart Kodi and send me the log.

If already rebuild, not possible to reproduce the issue. Wait for new TVshows added and if the issue appears again, send me that log.

Sure - I didn't rebuild anything from the last log. I changed the last sync date to yesterday, exited, and reloaded Kodi. 

The new shows still didn't show up. It's weird. I'm sure if I rebuilt everything again they'd come down in the fresh sync.

Edited by NNate

In this log (continuation of the above), I change the sync date at around 13:28 and push "Ok" in the addon settings. I get a brief toast popup in the upper corner that I can tell is from Emby For Kodi, but disappears so quickly I can't read it. I assume it's doing a sync as when I go back into the addon settings the sync date/time has updated.

Unfortunately, the new shows are still not reflected in Kodi.

Edited by NNate

quickmic

Both logs are not reflecting an earlier sync date:

[ retrieve changes ] 2022-02-27T19:23:23Z / 2022-02-27T19:23:23Z

means, something went wrong when you adjusted the date. Did you select "ok" and not just use the "back" button?