embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
On 2/5/2022 at 7:30 PM, markdj said:

Sorry for the late reply.

Have just tested it with a series that had 3 pieces of artwork. Removed one, which seemed to work, but now it won’t rotate between the other remaining two. So still not there I’m afraid (it just shows one).

(the artwork through Emby is now called fanart1.jpg and fanart3.jpg (fanart2.jpg was removed) so the problem might lie there)

Please test this version.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.2.9-build 1 (fix backdrops).zip

GavinCampbell

I've seen an issue with the latest version that just got updated (6.2.8) where the TV shows are dissapearing.  I would watch a show, during that show a few new episodes would be added, then when I'm done with the show all the other shows are missing except the new episodes that were added.  If I do a library refresh it brings everything back again.  I haven't run it long enough to see if it happens again.

I have a log that I copied that may have captured it and can DM it to you if you would like.  I'm not sure if you already were notified of this.

• Agree 1

quickmic
11 minutes ago, GavinCampbell said:

I've seen an issue with the latest version that just got updated (6.2.8) where the TV shows are dissapearing.  I would watch a show, during that show a few new episodes would be added, then when I'm done with the show all the other shows are missing except the new episodes that were added.  If I do a library refresh it brings everything back again.  I haven't run it long enough to see if it happens again.

I have a log that I copied that may have captured it and can DM it to you if you would like.  I'm not sure if you already were notified of this.

Yep, confirmed. Will be fixed in next version.

For the moment you can try that:

• Like 1

SwanStream

Hello. New problem on PC and Shield. After updating to 6.2.8 both and resetting db, both show few/none items in new or continue watching (same skin on both). Similar to last post above.... Would log help?

Thanks for the support mate.

I've installed plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.2.9-build 2 (fix remove items) from that other thread in the meantime.

Edited by SwanStream

quickmic
5 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Hello. New problem on PC and Shield. After updating to 6.2.8 both and resetting db, both show few/none items in new or continue watching (same skin on both). Similar to last post above.... Would log help?

I've installed plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.2.9-build 2 (fix remove items) from that other thread in the meantime.

Yes, send me a kodi.log and I'll check for issues.

quickmic
9 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

btw, There is nothing in 6.2.8, 6.2.9 related to the reported issue. This must be independent problem. Is the progress correct on Emby server?

quickmic
19 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Today I pushed this version to beta repo. It's exactly the same,

SwanStream
10 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Is the progress correct on Emby server?

I don't know... I can't remember anything I watched to check!😲 but I didn't notice anything 'wrong'... 

quickmic
4 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

I don't know... I can't remember anything I watched to check!😲 but I didn't notice anything 'wrong'... 

Well the question is. Was the upsync incorrect or the downsync.

btw, the logs seems ok. Weather plugin is broken, common issue. Also on my Kodi boxses.

Try a full db Kodi reset.

Edited by quickmic

SwanStream
Just now, quickmic said:

Well the question is. Was the upsync incorrect or the downsync.

Understand. If there's something you'd like me to check on the Emby box, I'm happy to report back watched/unwatched, etc. Just need a target please.

quickmic
6 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Understand. If there's something you'd like me to check on the Emby box, I'm happy to report back watched/unwatched, etc. Just need a target please.

Well, Kodi keeps the progress internally, which means. The sync on a single Box should be always correct. The plugin also upsyncs the progress to Emby server. If something is wrong, the progress is not matching on Emby server and on other boxes (downsync) as well.

Keep an eye on consistency.

Edited by quickmic

SwanStream

Understood. It doesn't look like it's a updating Emby issue, up or down (using me eyes, not brain)... it looks like a messed up local db issue. If you're not seeing anything in the logs I'm happy to call it related to the last fix. Interesting it happened to two different boxes....

Thanks for the support. I'll post if the problem persists. 

GavinCampbell
On 2/8/2022 at 11:14 AM, quickmic said:

Yep, confirmed. Will be fixed in next version.

For the moment you can try that:

Just an fyi.. I know you released the 2.6.9 today but I also was runing the build 2 for a few days and it solved the issue with shows dissapearing.  Things are looking better now.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, GavinCampbell said:

Just an fyi.. I know you released the 2.6.9 today but I also was runing the build 2 for a few days and it solved the issue with shows dissapearing.  Things are looking better now.

Thank you.

Thanks, I hope this was the last major bug and 6.2.9 is ready to be tagged as stable 😉

Suedstern

Hi everybody.

I run this add-on on four devices (everything up to date, standard skin). Since update 6.2.8 (also with 6.2.9) the add-on makes problems on my nvidia shield (2017, running on 9.0.0). Everything worked good up to version 6.2.8. On the other three devices (2 pc's and 1 fire tv) everything is still fine, also with 6.2.9.
Problem: When switching to the music section (and seeing recently heared albums f.e.) kodi suddenly crashes. When deactivating the add-on this behaviour can't be reproduced. My observation is that there could be a problem when loading thumbnails from certain albums. I can also find that there are still albums with a "black" thumbnail und as soon as the thumbnail of these albums are going to be loaded kodi crashes.
So I reinstalled the add-on, made a full reset of the databases (and really deleted them by delete the files in explorer), deleted the thumbnails und the textures.db, also reinstalled kodi but nothing worked to solve this problem until long. Maybe someone can help me :)

Greetz!

I've been having a weird problem lately that I can't solve or figure out what it is.

Some of my series and or episodes keep getting marked as watched even though they haven't been watched at all. If I set it as unwatched in Kodi or in Emby, it will be set back to watched when I open Kodi again. It's always the same series and episodes.

Now I suspect it has something to do with my son's Kodi because it mostly concerns series that he has seen.

I've done a full database reset on both and both have their own Emby user so it shouldn't be allowed.

Where could this problem come from? Lately I've been having a weird problem that I can't solve or figure out what it is.

Some of my series and or episodes keep getting marked as watched even though they haven't been watched at all. If I set it as unwatched in Kodi or in Emby, it will be set back to watched when I open Kodi again. It's always the same series and episodes.

Now I suspect it has something to do with my son's Kod because it mostly concerns series that he has seen.

I've done a full database reset on both and both have their own Emby user so it shouldn't be allowed.

Where can this problem come from?

kodi Shield 2.old.log kodi Shield 2.log kodi Shield 1.log kodi Shield 1.old.log

quickmic
5 hours ago, Suedstern said:

Hi everybody.

I run this add-on on four devices (everything up to date, standard skin). Since update 6.2.8 (also with 6.2.9) the add-on makes problems on my nvidia shield (2017, running on 9.0.0). Everything worked good up to version 6.2.8. On the other three devices (2 pc's and 1 fire tv) everything is still fine, also with 6.2.9.
Problem: When switching to the music section (and seeing recently heared albums f.e.) kodi suddenly crashes. When deactivating the add-on this behaviour can't be reproduced. My observation is that there could be a problem when loading thumbnails from certain albums. I can also find that there are still albums with a "black" thumbnail und as soon as the thumbnail of these albums are going to be loaded kodi crashes.
So I reinstalled the add-on, made a full reset of the databases (and really deleted them by delete the files in explorer), deleted the thumbnails und the textures.db, also reinstalled kodi but nothing worked to solve this problem until long. Maybe someone can help me :)

Greetz!

Try disable http2 in plugin options and let me know if this solves the problem.

quickmic
4 hours ago, heula said:

I've been having a weird problem lately that I can't solve or figure out what it is.

Now I suspect it has something to do with my son's Kodi because it mostly concerns series that he has seen.

Where could this problem come from? Lately I've been having a weird problem that I can't solve or figure out what it is.

Now I suspect it has something to do with my son's Kod because it mostly concerns series that he has seen.

kodi Shield 2.old.log 465.54 kB · 0 downloads kodi Shield 2.log 6.26 MB · 0 downloads kodi Shield 1.log 83.61 kB · 0 downloads kodi Shield 1.old.log 260.12 kB · 0 downloads

Check the progress/status on Emby server.

After a Kodi restart progress should match with Emby server. If so, everything fine at this point.

When data are altered (watching content or updating status manually on Kodi) it should be up-synced to Emby server.

Currently not enough data for a better analysis. Problem could be everywhere. You need to figure out if the upsync is the problem, the downsync or a specific constellation.

quickmic
4 hours ago, heula said:

kodi Shield 2.old.log 465.54 kB · 0 downloads kodi Shield 2.log 6.26 MB · 0 downloads kodi Shield 1.log 83.61 kB · 0 downloads kodi Shield 1.old.log 260.12 kB · 0 downloads

The log looks alright, but ZeroconfAndroid is spamming your log and probably broken. Disable it if possible. Network issues are never good.

Edited by quickmic

Suedstern
15 hours ago, quickmic said:

Try disable http2 in plugin options and let me know if this solves the problem.

Thanks for the fast help but unfortunately this doesn't help.

quickmic
13 minutes ago, Suedstern said:

Thanks for the fast help but unfortunately this doesn't help.

Ok, please send me a kodi.log. Have you tried with default skin?