embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

jaybird2203

Not sure if this is intended but on 6.2.7 when there is a number of new media update notifications in the top right and media playback starts the notification remains and continues to run through. Almost seems that there's a queue created but isn't immediately interrupted when playback starts. 

quickmic
20 minutes ago, jaybird2203 said:

Not sure if this is intended but on 6.2.7 when there is a number of new media update notifications in the top right and media playback starts the notification remains and continues to run through. Almost seems that there's a queue created but isn't immediately interrupted when playback starts. 

Well, not intended but that's how Kodi notifications are working. I cannot interrupt them, just can trigger them and yes. Seems Kodi queues the notifications.

Current options are, disable the notification or reduce the time to show.

Maybe I find a better way, but not really digged into that matter.

quickmic
4 minutes ago, Smasher said:

How do I make sure that nextgen addon is streaming from LAN/SMB without changing from addon mode to native mode? :)

LAN/SMB? Addon mode streams via LAN/Internet -> http stream

SMB is a network share (like a folder) -> native mode.

Use addon mode as long as you don't have edge case.

I think you have a concern, reflecting something specific?

jaybird2203
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Well, not intended but that's how Kodi notifications are working. I cannot interrupt them, just can trigger them and yes. Seems Kodi queues the notifications.

Current options are, disable the notification or reduce the time to show.

Maybe I find a better way, but not really digged into that matter.

Fair enough. Disabled notifications it is! For now at least lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, quickmic said:

LAN/SMB? Addon mode streams via LAN/Internet -> http stream

SMB is a network share (like a folder) -> native mode.

Use addon mode as long as you don't have edge case.

I think you have a concern, reflecting something specific?

My emby server is not in this house at the moment, because of unstable internet.   But I have a backup server with the content here.
So I want to make sure i'm streaming from my backup server/SMB/Network share, instead of https/internet from emby server location.

quickmic

New beta version uploaded to Emby beta repository.

deltachanges:

- fix item removal issue

changes from 6.2.7

- fix music update sync
- fix fanart artwork
- Change internal ports to 57341 and 57342 due to xbox limitations

Unfortunately, this version requires a FULL db resync due to port changes. That's the reason why tagged as experimental. I don't wanna push it in Emby kodi repo before the version was tested.

quickmic
1 hour ago, Smasher said:

My emby server is not in this house at the moment, because of unstable internet.   But I have a backup server with the content here.
So I want to make sure i'm streaming from my backup server/SMB/Network share, instead of https/internet from emby server location.

Ok, but what are you expecting from the plugin. You have 2 servers, connect Kodi to one of them that's it. If you connect both, uses related nodes.

3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Ok, but what are you expecting from the plugin. You have 2 servers, connect Kodi to one of them that's it. If you connect both, uses related nodes.

No, I dont have two emby servers.   One emby server, but backup content on the other server/nas

If I choose native mode at initial setup, it will stream from local network share. But right not in addon mode, it does not stream from local, but internet.

But I'll just go back to native mode then. Just though you said there were some advantages with addon mode :)

• Like 1

quickmic
25 minutes ago, Smasher said:

No, I dont have two emby servers.   One emby server, but backup content on the other server/nas

If I choose native mode at initial setup, it will stream from local network share. But right not in addon mode, it does not stream from local, but internet.

But I'll just go back to native mode then. Just though you said there were some advantages with addon mode :)

I think I know what you want and it's not possible in addon mode.

PureLoneWolf
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

New beta version uploaded to Emby beta repository.

deltachanges:

- fix item removal issue

changes from 6.2.7

- fix music update sync
- fix fanart artwork

Unfortunately, this version requires a FULL db resync due to port changes. That's the reason why tagged as experimental. I don't wanna push it in Emby kodi repo before the version was tested.

Quick question - Did 6.2.7 need a full resync?  The reason I ask is that I am trying to figure out what happened to my setup yesterday as, all of a sudden, nothing was playing and I was forced to resync all of my Kodi devices.  I think it may have auto-updated to 6.2.7 - But am not sure.  A full resync fixed each device though...I just wasn't expecting it :D

quickmic

No but, 6.2.8 does due to XBox ports change.

There is a notification/warning msg on forced resyncs.

On 2/1/2022 at 8:23 AM, quickmic said:

I performed a quick test with movie and seek to 10/20 minutes. Icon on Kodi correct, resumepoint correct.

Stopped Kodi, restarted. Icon correct, resumepoint correct.

I need a test case.

I had this happen to a few movies on 6.2.7 and 6.2.8. Kodi database reset didn't change anything. Did not happen to all movies.

The "fix" for me was to watch the movie in a browser, and resume point was saved. Went back to Kodi on Nvidia Shield and watched movie, resume point was subsequently saved correctly for the problematic movie.

Emby server is running on SHIELD so I chalked it up to problems with nvidia shield upgrade to Android 11. I'm on hotfix #3.

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2022 at 9:39 AM, quickmic said:

New (experimental) version available.

http://kodi.emby.tv/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.2.8-build 3.zip

deltachanges:

- fix music update sync
- fix fanart artwork

@spyflex Please test on xbox

@markdjPlease verify artwork (fanart)

Sorry for the late reply.

Have just tested it with a series that had 3 pieces of artwork. Removed one, which seemed to work, but now it won’t rotate between the other remaining two. So still not there I’m afraid (it just shows one).

(the artwork through Emby is now called fanart1.jpg and fanart3.jpg (fanart2.jpg was removed) so the problem might lie there)

Edited by markdj

Couple of other annoyances that might be fixed:

Can the server data be saved? Every time I reset the database on my two devices now I have to manually connect and enter the details for my server. Or at least it seems to be saved in the background, Emby is just not showing this. Can it automatically connect to the server upon starting the device(s), provided the database has been reset?

Alternate device names don’t seem to get saved. I’ve entered multiple times but I always have to check and enter them again. Again, it might just not be reflected in Emby again?

With the latest update, after manually entering the server details I have to restart the device for the sync to happen. This is confusing. Could be a bug?

And on both devices I had to delete the entire artwork cache multiple times, because Kodi sometimes wouldn’t show the artwork anymore. Seems to be a bug as well? Maybe not everything gets deleted even though I’ve selected ‘yes’ to ‘remove all artwork?’?

Edit; I’ve manually removed the thumbnails and textures files and folders but some artwork still doesn’t get shown or loaded. Artwork with fanart1.jpg (or other higher numbered files) instead of fanart.jpg does not get loaded. This seems to be an issue with the update.

Edited by markdj
  • Agree 1

quickmic
16 hours ago, markdj said:

Sorry for the late reply.

Have just tested it with a series that had 3 pieces of artwork. Removed one, which seemed to work, but now it won’t rotate between the other remaining two. So still not there I’m afraid (it just shows one).

(the artwork through Emby is now called fanart1.jpg and fanart3.jpg (fanart2.jpg was removed) so the problem might lie there)

I'll check it again. I performed tests with exactly this scenario, maybe I missed something.

quickmic
2 hours ago, markdj said:

Couple of other annoyances that might be fixed:

Can the server data be saved? Every time I reset the database on my two devices now I have to manually connect and enter the details for my server. Or at least it seems to be saved in the background, Emby is just not showing this. Can it automatically connect to the server upon starting the device(s), provided the database has been reset?

Alternate device names don’t seem to get saved. I’ve entered multiple times but I always have to check and enter them again. Again, it might just not be reflected in Emby again?

With the latest update, after manually entering the server details I have to restart the device for the sync to happen. This is confusing. Could be a bug?

And on both devices I had to delete the entire artwork cache multiple times, because Kodi sometimes wouldn’t show the artwork anymore. Seems to be a bug as well? Maybe not everything gets deleted even though I’ve selected ‘yes’ to ‘remove all artwork?’?

Edit; I’ve manually removed the thumbnails and textures files and folders but some artwork still doesn’t get shown or loaded. Artwork with fanart1.jpg (or other higher numbered files) instead of fanart.jpg does not get loaded. This seems to be an issue with the update.

Well on manual db reset this is already possible. There is a question if you wanna reset the settings. On forced db reset, I think this is not covered. This would required another option, maybe I can add this but not in 6.x.

Forced db resets shouldn't be too often, mostly if something major must be changed (like the Ports for XBox support).

Sometimes also the settings must be reseted like upgrade from 5.x versions. I would require a separation between just DB reset or also settings reset.

Edited by quickmic

olerocker

Hi there, once i did a db resync i have double entries in my movie folder. Also at one point it just lost all the tv series entries and had to do another db resync (ver 6.2.8)

quickmic
2 minutes ago, olerocker said:

Hi there, once i did a db resync i have double entries in my movie folder. Also at one point it just lost all the tv series entries and had to do another db resync (ver 6.2.8)

Seems there went something wrong with the database reset. Is it database correct after the manual reset?

quickmic
4 minutes ago, olerocker said:

Tv series seems to be OK, Movie database still reports double entries.

You can try delete the db files manually. If this doesn't help, please send me a kodi.log after sync.

Shutdown Kodi and delete those files:

..kodi/data/userdata/Database/emby*

..kodi/data/userdata/Database/MyVideos*

..kodi/data/userdata/Database/MyMusic*

I know double records could appear if the sync has an issue...

olerocker
23 minutes ago, quickmic said:

You can try delete the db files manually. If this doesn't help, please send me a kodi.log after sync.

Shutdown Kodi and delete those files:

..kodi/data/userdata/Database/emby*

..kodi/data/userdata/Database/MyVideos*

..kodi/data/userdata/Database/MyMusic*

I know double records could appear if the sync has an issue...

OK, tried this if i did this correctly, but outcome remains the same.

Tv series comes up ok , but movie files still have double entries.

Find attached the kodi.log

kodi.log

quickmic
5 minutes ago, olerocker said:

OK, tried this if i did this correctly, but outcome remains the same.

Tv series comes up ok , but movie files still have double entries.

Find attached the kodi.log

kodi.log 2.33 MB · 0 downloads

According to the log, the sync is perfect.

There are issues with "updates.check_updates_v2" /   /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings

Try with stock Kodi -> stock skin disable 3rd party plugins etc.

I'm quite sure this is not an issue with the plugin.

olerocker
11 minutes ago, quickmic said:

According to the log, the sync is perfect.

There are issues with "updates.check_updates_v2" /   /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings

Try with stock Kodi -> stock skin disable 3rd party plugins etc.

I'm quite sure this is not an issue with the plugin.

OK, tried everything again,  that probably could have been my mistake.

I correctly stopped kodi ( i think i did at least using "systemctl stop kodi") and after a db reset, everything seems to be progressing correctly.

Great thanks for all your help.

• Like 1