embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

Hi All,

I installed EmbyforKodi Next Gen addon (6.2.7) on Kodi 19.3 (XBOX ONE X). The Emby is dockerized on RaspberryPi running the 4.6.7.0. Ports exposed 8920 and 8096. All installation worked fine. No problem. Manually added Emby Server. Authentication was fine. Library was correctly detected and imported. Movies and written info are correctly reported (plots). 

All images are missing like posters (primary) and others. I don't understand why. All in Emby server is ok.

Also Playback doesn't work. The wheel spins undefinetly...

The Kodi log is on https://paste.kodi.tv/jixujaqobi in attach, also you can find a screen of missing movie.

Thank you!

20220128_194128.thumb.jpg.df737ff38f8b34991da81dff78d24814.jpg

Edited by spyflex

quickmic
6 minutes ago, spyflex said:

Hi All,

I installed EmbyforKodi Next Gen addon (6.2.7) on Kodi 19.3 (XBOX ONE X). The Emby is dockerized on RaspberryPi running the 4.6.7.0. Ports exposed 8920 and 8096. All installation worked fine. No problem. Manually added Emby Server. Authentication was fine. Library was correctly detected and imported. Movies and written info are correctly reported (plots). 

All images are missing like posters (primary) and others. I don't understand why. All in Emby server is ok.

Also Playback doesn't work. The wheel spins undefinetly...

The Kodi log is on https://paste.kodi.tv/jixujaqobi in attach, also you can find a screen of missing movie.

Thank you!

20220128_194128.thumb.jpg.df737ff38f8b34991da81dff78d24814.jpg

The log says, the webservices was started twice and the Port is in use bla. Anyway, restart Kodi and check.

10 minutes ago, quickmic said:

The log says, the webservices was started twice and the Port is in use bla. Anyway, restart Kodi and check.

I restarted Kodi, but the problem still exists.

What kind of other data, do you need?

Thank you

quickmic
11 minutes ago, spyflex said:

I restarted Kodi, but the problem still exists.

What kind of other data, do you need?

Thank you

Ok I translated "

Tentativo di accesso al socket con modalità non consentite dalle rispettive autorizzazioni di accesso"

It means xbox is blocking port 57578 and 60001.

Can you allow access? Somebody else also reported a similiar (xbox specific) issue and I send him a test version (with different port access), but never got a feedback.

Edited by quickmic

8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Ok I translated "

Tentativo di accesso al socket con modalità non consentite dalle rispettive autorizzazioni di accesso"

It means xbox is blocking port 57578 and 60001.

Can you allow access? Somebody else also reported a similiar (xbox specific) issue and I send him a test version (with different port access), but never got a feedback.

Nope. I can't open ports on Xbox. Can you please send me the specific version for Xbox? I'll try and I'll give you a feedback.

Thank you

quickmic
20 minutes ago, spyflex said:

Nope. I can't open ports on Xbox. Can you please send me the specific version for Xbox? I'll try and I'll give you a feedback.

Thank you

It's an old version, but it should prove the concept:

47 minutes ago, quickmic said:

It's an old version, but it should prove the concept:

It works!!

Thank you very much!!

(I suggest, if you can, to create the addon based on the next stable version, with this type of modification for XBOX. And release it into the repo)  

• Like 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, spyflex said:

It works!!

Thank you very much!!

(I suggest, if you can, to create the addon based on the next stable version, with this type of modification for XBOX. And release it into the repo)  

Does it? Yes, then I've to change the port/make it adjustable in next version as well.

Edited by quickmic

13 hours ago, quickmic said:

Does it? Yes, then I've to change the port/make it adjustable in next version as well.

I can confirm! Artworks work as well the playback. 

• Like 1

I cannot get the sync to work for love nor money. Uninstalling/reinstalling the plugin doesn't fix it. Local database reset doesn't fix it. It worked briefly after I first installed the plugin. Stopped working. Cannot make it sync when I load Kodi. I always, always, have to go into the plugin configuration and Update Library manually. It's the only way it ever syncs. This is very frustrating. 

I am on the latest beta build of emby-nextgen. Running Kodi 19.3. Per the forum, I do NOT have Kodi Companion installed. I have the server set to live monitor my media directories (FYI, that never seems to work either, so par for the course. Scheduled scans DO work, however).

If there's any witchcraft that will get this working properly again, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by n3IVI0

quickmic
7 minutes ago, n3IVI0 said:

I cannot get the sync to work for love nor money. Uninstalling/reinstalling the plugin doesn't fix it. Local database reset doesn't fix it. It worked briefly after I first installed the plugin. Stopped working. Cannot make it sync when I load Kodi. I always, always, have to go into the plugin configuration and Update Library manually. It's the only way it ever syncs. This is very frustrating. 

I am on the latest beta build of emby-nextgen. Running Kodi 19.3. Per the forum, I do NOT have Kodi Companion installed. I have the server set to live monitor my media directories (FYI, that never seems to work either, so par for the course. Scheduled scans DO work, however).

If there's any witchcraft that will get this working properly again, I'd appreciate it.

Please send me a kodi.log, btw. Kodi Companion is responsible deleting content from Kodi. Not sure what you mean with "live monitor". Realtime folder updates? This does not affect the plugin at all. Anyway, you should really install Kodi Companion.

Edited by quickmic

embyL0VER
13 minutes ago, n3IVI0 said:

I have the server set to live monitor my media directories (FYI, that never seems to work either, so par for the course. Scheduled scans DO work, however).

Experienced this a while ago on my NAS too. The problem in my case was that the associated network/SMB pathes were symlinks and not the native ones - but I'm just guessing here. Maybe it is a simple permission issue.

Edited by embyL0VER
Typos

Yes. The Real Time Monitoring. So, to be clear, I SHOULD have Kodi Companion installed? I could have sworn I read in this forum not to use it, that its functions were integrated into Emby server. Log attached. Thank you.

FYI. I have a username for all of my docker containers that has r/w permissions. So anything that runs on Docker has those permissions. The dataset has Full ACL access also. I have done everything I could think of to make sure permissions don't bite me in the ass.

Whoops, you wanted a KODI log.

kodi.log

Edited by n3IVI0

quickmic
10 minutes ago, n3IVI0 said:

Yes. The Real Time Monitoring. So, to be clear, I SHOULD have Kodi Companion installed? I could have sworn I read in this forum not to use it, that its functions were integrated into Emby server. Log attached. Thank you.

FYI. I have a username for all of my docker containers that has r/w permissions. So anything that runs on Docker has those permissions. The dataset has Full ACL access also. I have done everything I could think of to make sure permissions don't bite me in the ass.

embyserver.txt 10.38 MB · 0 downloads

"Enable real time monitoring" option on Emby server is just how Emby server syncs, not the plugin. So yes, install Kodi Companion.

Please try it and let me know if this fixes your problem. Maybe there is a bug due to Kodi Companion not installed. As mentioned the sync should work anyway, but without it will not sync removed content from Kodi on startup.

The plugin checks, if Kodi Companion is installed and proceed differently. Maybe there is something wrong in the plugin code.

If this doesn't solve the issue, I need the kodi.log. Not the Emby server log.

Edited by quickmic

I installed Kodi Companion. When the sync was working, it would pop up a little message indicating it was syncing. It has not done that for awhile. Still doesn't, even with Kodi Companion.

quickmic
9 minutes ago, n3IVI0 said:

I installed Kodi Companion. When the sync was working, it would pop up a little message indicating it was syncing. It has not done that for awhile. Still doesn't, even with Kodi Companion.

kodi.log please. Also you can set back the (startup) sync date in plugin menu and restart Kodi.

quickmic
8 minutes ago, n3IVI0 said:

kodi.logHere you go.

ok startup sync works, but it receives nothing. This is also quite understandable cause the sync timestamp is set to "2022-01-29T18:39:14Z".

This is also correct, cause it reflects the date from previous Kodi start.

So if you change something on Emby server, it should sync from now on.

If you wanna sync "older" changes, set the sync date in plugin menu. Set it back 2-3 days whatever, but not too much.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

Also check if the realtime connection works. Send a text message from Emby server to you Kodi device (as a test).

quickmic

New (experimental) version available.

http://kodi.emby.tv/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.2.8-build 3.zip

deltachanges:

- fix music update sync
- fix fanart artwork
- Change internal ports to 57341 and 57342 due to xbox limitations

Unfortunately, this version requires a FULL db resync due to port changes. That's the reason why tagged as experimental. I don't wanna push it in Emby kodi repo before the version was tested.

@spyflex Please test on xbox

@markdjPlease verify artwork (fanart)

Nosepull

For those who experience problems with other addons: Emby for Kodi seems to mess around with advancedsettings.xml (i.e. for disabling HTTP2 and increasing Ccrl timeout). For me this broke other streaming addons (i.e. some internet radio stations would only start playing after several minutes). I got those back working by enabling HTTP2 in the addon (the curl timeouts seem to cause no problems).

@quickmic: I'd advise not to modify advancedsettings.xml (with consequences for the whole system) from a addon without warning. Or did I click away some warning without thinking about it 😉 ?

• Agree 1

quickmic
2 hours ago, Nosepull said:

For those who experience problems with other addons: Emby for Kodi seems to mess around with advancedsettings.xml (i.e. for disabling HTTP2 and increasing Ccrl timeout). For me this broke other streaming addons (i.e. some internet radio stations would only start playing after several minutes). I got those back working by enabling HTTP2 in the addon (the curl timeouts seem to cause no problems).

@quickmic: I'd advise not to modify advancedsettings.xml (with consequences for the whole system) from a addon without warning. Or did I click away some warning without thinking about it 😉 ?

Timeouts are necessary for multivideoselection and shouldn't have an impact.

http2 was needed to tackle broken NVidia Shield streams.

I'm not sure how to approach. I can set http2 to enable by default.

LichenKing
On 1/23/2022 at 10:38 PM, quickmic said:

Maybe it's the shield issue:

Actually, the http2 diable option should be automatically applied in 6.2.7, but can you doublecheck your advancedsettings.xml

The log just shows a crash right after ffmpeg took over.

I do not think so.

As my shield has not gotten the Android 11 upgrade yet.

I can repeat this crash too as long as "Show simplified menu" is selected.

quickmic
10 hours ago, LichenKing said:

I do not think so.

As my shield has not gotten the Android 11 upgrade yet.

I can repeat this crash too as long as "Show simplified menu" is selected.

"Show simplified menu" works for me, not sure what causes the issue. I assume skin or 3rd party plugin?