embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

On 12/10/2021 at 5:52 PM, quickmic said:

I'll check it, but there is a problem yes. Connection to emby server was established?

Deleting from the emby options menu does work. Shouldn’t this be the same?

quickmic
10 hours ago, heula said:

Deleting from the emby options menu does work. Shouldn’t this be the same?

Well, I think the item you tried to delete was not and emby item and therefore it crashed. I'll add some validity additional checks...

1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Well, I think the item you tried to delete was not and emby item and therefore it crashed. I'll add some validity additional checks...

It does that with every item. All items are emby items.

kodi.log

Edited by heula
  • Like 1

quickmic
2 hours ago, heula said:

It does that with every item. All items are emby items.

kodi.log 196.27 kB · 0 downloads

This log doesn't show the error cause you are playing videos. Remove task scheduled after playback stopped. Anyway, I think I know the problem.

What is your usecase? I'm asking, cause the item-detection (which seems broken) selects the delete-item based in Kodi's listindex (currently selected item). If your usecase is differently, it could delete the wrong item.

18 minutes ago, quickmic said:

This log doesn't show the error cause you are playing videos. Remove task scheduled after playback stopped. Anyway, I think I know the problem.

What is your usecase? I'm asking, cause the item-detection (which seems broken) selects the delete-item based in Kodi's listindex (currently selected item). If your usecase is differently, it could delete the wrong item.

I do like I always did before. I select the episode that Is watched, press the button that is linked to the delete button according to the keymap.xml. it says "delete file from Emby". I select yes and the file is still playable.

When I press and hold the ok button I get the Emby options menu, when I select delete from Emby there the file will be deleted.

This is with every file, if there is just one episode or when there are multiple episodes present for that tv show.

• Like 1

quickmic
On 12/7/2021 at 9:26 PM, mad-max said:

Hi there,

I am using embyforkodi in Kodi 19.3 and have a problem with the picture library.

I can only look at the one picture that I have selected.

All other images in the folder will not be displayed. Even with the arrow keys on the keyboard, I cannot select the next picture.

What can I do?
Many thanks for your help

fyi, next on my todo list...

quickmic
On 12/13/2021 at 4:18 PM, quickmic said:

Unfortunately, I cannot fix it. Seems to be a kodi bug and or limitation. I tested in countless ways without success. It might be possible in native mode, but no in addon mode. 🙄

quickmic
18 hours ago, beerthzn said:

Hi quickmic, In the musictab the option often played songs no longer works. Could you maybe take a look at it. Many thanks in advance.

Is this a custom node? Please upload a screenshot.

quickmic
1 hour ago, beerthzn said:

It is not custom20211216_072110.thumb.jpg.5a645d23252df00242b0c0b4811f32e9.jpg

Looks like something from Embuary ... I don't see this widget in stock skin... I'll check

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
25 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Looks like something from Embuary ... I don't see this widget in stock skin... I'll check

I checked and yes. Seems not to be related to next-gen. Let me know if I'm wrong.

quickmic

New version available:

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.2.1

delta changelog:

improve notification threading
add trailer infos in cinema mode
add cinema mode support for native mode
fix multiserver sync
fix sync issue
fix websocket connection timeout

fix delete issue (to be tested)

The previous beta never made the cut to publish in emby-kodi's beta repo.

There was an annoying sync issue. I hope it's fixed now.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

GavinCampbell
42 minutes ago, quickmic said:

New version available:

Really appreciate the work you put in with this.  Its key to my home setup.  All of my Kodi devices use this to keep things in sync with Emby.  The wife doesn't even know the work behind it, she just enjoys the final result and doesn't complain.  lol

• Thanks 2

beerthzn
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

I checked and yes. Seems not to be related to next-gen. Let me know if I'm wrong.

You are absolutely right. It was the skin. After reinstalling it works again. Thank you.

• Like 1

quickmic
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available:

delta changelog:

improve notification threading
add trailer infos in cinema mode
add cinema mode support for native mode
fix multiserver sync
fix sync issue
fix websocket connection timeout

fix delete issue (to be tested)

The previous beta never made the cut to publish in emby-kodi's beta repo.

There was an annoying sync issue. I hope it's fixed now.

Unfortunately, there is still a minor sync issue. I try to fix it in next version (hard to test). What I try to tackle is a realtime sync issue. In some edge cases, the realtime sync stops. A Kodi restart fixes the problem. So it doesn't really goes completely out of sync, just annoying.

No need to perform specific tests, I know what I'm looking for 😉

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 3

On 12/13/2021 at 4:18 PM, quickmic said:

On 12/14/2021 at 7:19 PM, quickmic said:

Unfortunately, I cannot fix it. Seems to be a kodi bug and or limitation. I tested in countless ways without success. It might be possible in native mode, but no in addon mode. 🙄

Thank you for your answer.
But is that a problem in my installation or does it affect all embyforkodi users?
Or is that a problem in my emby server?

Thank you for your answer...

quickmic
1 hour ago, mad-max said:

Thank you for your answer.
But is that a problem in my installation or does it affect all embyforkodi users?
Or is that a problem in my emby server?

Thank you for your answer...

Your emby server is absolutely fine and yes all users are affected. The problem is: There are two options in Kodi to show a picture. With the "ShowPicture(picture)" command. (That's what is currently in use.) Usually Kodi should be able to go to next image if there is a list loaded with multiple "ShowPicture(picture)". -> alternativly via jsonRPC:

https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thread/68164-JSON-RPC-Array-mit-Bilder-URLs-zum-Abspielen-an-Kodi-übergeben/

The problem is, that functionality seems broken in Kodi.

The other option would be "SlideShow(dir[,recursive][,[not]random][,pause][,beginslide="/path/to/start/slide.jpg"])"

This works in my tests, but need native file access.

https://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions

If anybody knows how to fix it, let me know.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Your emby server is absolutely fine and yes all users are affected. The problem is: There are two options in Kodi to show a picture. With the "ShowPicture(picture)" command. (That's what is currently in use.) Usually Kodi should be able to go to next image if there is a list loaded with multiple "ShowPicture(picture)". -> alternativly via jsonRPC:

https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thread/68164-JSON-RPC-Array-mit-Bilder-URLs-zum-Abspielen-an-Kodi-übergeben/

The problem is, that functionality seems broken in Kodi.

The other option would be "SlideShow(dir[,recursive][,[not]random][,pause][,beginslide="/path/to/start/slide.jpg"])"

This works in my tests, but need native file access.

https://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions

If anybody knows how to fix it, let me know.

I think I found a solution. 🙂

• Like 2

quickmic

New version available 6.2.2 beta

delta changelog:

fix realtime sync
fix musicvideo letter nodes
fix shutdown procedure
add slideshow

Comment:

Still not in Emby Kodi beta repo yet.

Edited by quickmic

With the lastest v6 from beta Repo when in Kodi the Option to show a Folder for all Episodes in Series this Folder will not show a Cover (normaly it should use the Main Series Cover)
With the old Stable v5 Version this is working fine.

• Like 1

jaybird2203

On windows 10, matrix 19.3, and 6.2.2 beta (possibly before as well) it appears that some music albums with various artists (like some movie/TV soundtrack albums) are not showing all associated songs when viewing the album itself. 

When viewing the music database from Kodi the entries associated with the album number list all songs entries correctly. 

The album is shown correctly with all associated songs when using the Emby server or Android app.

Repairing or removing/re-adding the library has no impact.

• Like 1

quickmic
9 hours ago, loomes said:

With the lastest v6 from beta Repo when in Kodi the Option to show a Folder for all Episodes in Series this Folder will not show a Cover (normaly it should use the Main Series Cover)
With the old Stable v5 Version this is working fine.

Please upload a screenshot.

quickmic
16 hours ago, loomes said:

Kodi_20211222_155312.png

Kodi_20211222_155342.png

Found the probem. In your case, Arctic zephyr shows (for some strange reasons) thumbnails instead of poster/primary.

I added a fallback to primary if thumbnails is empty. Will be fixed in next version.

• Like 1