embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

New version available:

EXPERIMENTAL VERSION 6.1.9:

https://kodi.emby.tv/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.1.9-build 12 (ex1).zip

- add API for external play commands
- fix for remote control (external content)
- fix websocket ping
- limit max itemupdates

pending:
-review delete option
-review NFS share with Chinese characters

Currently I'm very busy at my day job therefore this version is not too good tested but still. I don't expect any issues. Focus on large item/library updates. That's actually the main fix in this version.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

clarkss12
12 hours ago, quickmic said:

Well there must be something wrong, please send me a kodi.log after you added content and waited a few minutes.

As you can see, there have been 3 movies added after Mrs. Doubtfire, but they do not show up under CoreELEC, nor Android.

20211115_124505.jpg

recent movies.jpg

log-2021-11-15-17.43.31.zip

• Like 1

quickmic
14 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

As you can see, there have been 3 movies added after Mrs. Doubtfire, but they do not show up under CoreELEC, nor Android.

20211115_124505.jpg

recent movies.jpg

log-2021-11-15-17.43.31.zip 3.96 MB · 0 downloads

Is it just not shown under "recently added" or really not in the Kodi library?

Edited by quickmic

clarkss12

Now, I am recording a movie from my TV antenna, and it shows up under CoreELEC.  BUT, it still does NOT show the recordings I made earlier in the  week.20211115_125416.thumb.jpg.56323200ff47d7d025fe085e67f38c5f.jpg

clarkss12
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Is it just not shown under "recently added" or really not in the Kodi library?

No, they are not in the Kodi library.

Edit:  The movie that I am recording right now, IS in the library.

Edited by clarkss12

quickmic
2 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

No, they are not in the Kodi library.

Edit:  The movie that I am recording right now, IS in the library.

You can try to set the sync date (with experimental 6.1.9) before "Nobody" etc. was added and restart Kodi.

Was "Nobody" etc. a also live recording?

clarkss12
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

You can try to set the sync date (with experimental 6.1.9) before "Nobody" etc. was added and restart Kodi.

Nobody was a ripped movie.

• Like 1

quickmic
4 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

The download link is not working for the 6.1.9.

Works perfect -> no beta, it's sideload.

Edit: Certificate issue, just skip it. -> also I've updated the link

Edited by quickmic

clarkss12
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Followed your instructions and it now shows my recently added movies......

thanks

• Like 1

t123thomas

Hi Qucikmic, Here is the log report as I mentioned before submenu on Titan skin stopped working it work fine until 6.0.9, with the lasted 6.1.9 there are lots of errors in the log as per the attached.

Log from two version it works for 6.0.9 but not for 6.1.9, however, the errors in both are very similar, I can only under the epg error which due tot connection time, once the system established connection the errors is not repeated

log from E4K 6.1.9

Log from E4K 6.0.9

Edited by t123thomas

quickmic
8 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Hi Qucikmic, Here is the log report as I mentioned before submenu on Titan skin stopped working it work fine until 6.0.9, with the lasted 6.1.9 there are lots of errors in the log as per the attached.

Log from two version it works for 6.0.9 but not for 6.1.9, however, the errors in both are very similar, I can only under the epg error which due tot connection time, once the system established connection the errors is not repeated

log from E4K 6.1.9

Log from E4K 6.0.9

I just had a quick look in compatibility mode. So far looks ok but I haven't checked with actual Titan skin yet.

quickmic
9 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

Followed your instructions and it now shows my recently added movies......

thanks

I'll doublecheck your logs, I hope I can find the reason. Let me know if there is any pattern when it happens.

quickmic
19 hours ago, t123thomas said:

log from E4K 6.1.9

Log from E4K 6.0.9

Which titan skin are you currently using? Bingie?

quickmic
On 11/7/2021 at 2:22 PM, heula said:

Since 6.1.6 delete is not working (again) 😉

Now on 6.1.8 but still not working.

Thanks.

I think you mean delete after watched?

Is it not offered or is it just not deleted?

Hi

6.1.8 plugin version on kodi 19.3 nvidia shield. Latest stable emby server on windows server.

After adding music source I notice that metadata/description for albums are not passed to kodi , only metadata/description of artists.

Is this a known bug/limitation or is just me?

Thank you

PS: on emby server metadata/description for albums appears normally 

ACEFDB2B-6BCE-4F40-A7B5-ECF96C47EBE1.thumb.png.f417daea0a896fb11f0113db78ba5f53.png

• Like 1

quickmic
2 hours ago, Onana said:

Hi

6.1.8 plugin version on kodi 19.3 nvidia shield. Latest stable emby server on windows server.

After adding music source I notice that metadata/description for albums are not passed to kodi , only metadata/description of artists.

Is this a known bug/limitation or is just me?

Thank you

PS: on emby server metadata/description for albums appears normally 

ACEFDB2B-6BCE-4F40-A7B5-ECF96C47EBE1.thumb.png.f417daea0a896fb11f0113db78ba5f53.png

It's not a know bug nor a limitation but frankly, I never checked album descriptions.

Edited by quickmic

dodewill76

Hi

I noticed that it says the latest version of Emby Server is meant to be 4.6.50.  I was running 4.6.4 so thought I would download the Emby setup.exe file so that I can update to 4.6.50.  It looks like the file has upgraded my Emby server to 4.6.6.0.  Now that my emby server has update my Emby For Kodi isnt working.  I am running version 6.1.8 of the plugin and for some reason the plugin cant connect to my emby server.  I even uninstalled the app and re-installed to go through the setup procedure but it wont find the server.  Is anyone else having the same problem?

44 minutes ago, dodewill76 said:

Hi

I noticed that it says the latest version of Emby Server is meant to be 4.6.50.  I was running 4.6.4 so thought I would download the Emby setup.exe file so that I can update to 4.6.50.  It looks like the file has upgraded my Emby server to 4.6.6.0.  Now that my emby server has update my Emby For Kodi isnt working.  I am running version 6.1.8 of the plugin and for some reason the plugin cant connect to my emby server.  I even uninstalled the app and re-installed to go through the setup procedure but it wont find the server.  Is anyone else having the same problem?

Hi, what exactly happens when you try?

dodewill76

Hi Luke

The emby for kodi plugin picks up the name of my server, which is "MediaServer" by saying select main server but when I click on it to make a connection it says unable to connect to  the selected server.  I even chose manually add server and typed in the IP address of my server and it still wouldnt connect.  When I check Emby Server - Devices it is not even picking up the box/client.  I know network connection is fine as I had the plugin setup to use native direct path so it still has the previous information synced on the client which means I am still able to play a movie/tv show since it already knows the path to my mediaserver

I even tried uninstalling the emby for kodi plugin and reinstall and that hasnt helped.  Even tried the experimental version and that hasnt helped.

dodewill76

Hi Luke

Just to let you know that I have downgraded emby server down from 4.6.6.0 back to 4.6.4 and emby for kodi plugin is working again.  To test the newer versions I upgraded to 4.6.5.0 and 4.6.6.0 by download the zip file and replacing my system folder on my server.  Both of the new versions dont seem to work with the emby for kodi plugin.

I would suggest going back up so that we can get to the root of the problem. If you've customized server network settings, try setting them back to default.

dodewill76

Hi Luke

I have upgraded my emby server back to 4.6.6.0.  Problem has shown up again - Unable to connect to the selected server.  The way my network setup is done is that my server has a wifi connection, which is on a 192.168.1.0 subnet and a lan connection, which is on a 192.168.2.0 subnet.  On my emby server, under network, I have set the Local IP as 192.168.2.1.

My kodi box also has the same setup - wifi connection for internet on 192.168.1.0 subnet and lan connection on 192.168.2.0.  This is because my setup is in my bedroom on first floor and the internet router is downstairs.  I have set it up this way so that both systems can get internet connection using wifi but when it comes to watching movies/tv it does it over the lan on 192.168.2.0 subnet.

The above setup has been working for a long time without any issue.

Now that I have upgraded, what should I do next?  Do you need log file from my server or kodi box?

dodewill76

Hi Luke

I have done a small test on my Emby server.  I removed the entry 192.168.2.1 from Emby server - network - local IP address and restarted Emby server.  Now my Emby server is showing the in LAN home access as being on 192.168.1.3, which is the WiFI connection.

Now that I made the above change my Emby for Kodi plugin is able to connect to my Emby server, I am not getting any warnings.  It seems with the new update that Kodi or Emby Server doesn't like the settings in server - network - local IP address.

Even though now Kodi can connect to Emby server, when I start playing a movie/tv show I think it is still trying to play over LAN because when I start playing something I dont see it on Emby server.  Normally when I play something it shows under Active Devices that Kodi is direct playing the movie/tv show plus shows the Kodi device under Activity on dashboard.

My libraries are all setup as the folder being \\192.168.2.1\Movies etc, so that Kodi knows to connect to find the source on the 192.168.2.0 (LAN) and play the file, so that way it plays over LAN and not WiFI.

If I keep the above setup does that mean Kodi will continue to play the files over LAN but talk to Emby server over WiFi to get things like images, info, etc?

On my Kodi box the plugin is set to use Native (Direct Path).  I have also went into file manager on my Kodi box and originally setup a source/SMB to my server by inputting the LAN IP of the server and the server user credentials so that Kodi box has access to the file structure where my media is stored so that Native Direct Path option would work.  I am able to use file manager on my Kodi box to browser the contents of my server so I know the LAN connection between my Kodi box and Server is working.

Edited by dodewill76