embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

t123thomas
4 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Thanks it is scanning now.

Is this how the new cache process works, watch the scanning progress bar,  it seem to scan a set and return to 0, then restart scan then 0 in the previous version the scanning process is fast and continuous

Edited by t123thomas

quickmic

New version available 6.0.9 build 45 (ex4):

delta changelog:

- fix item remove queue issue
- add artwork cache in pluginmenu (optional)
- artwork cache fix
- delete artwork cache optional for mandatory db resyncs
- manual db reset fixes when keeping settings

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

quickmic
7 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Is this how the new cache process works, watch the scanning progress bar,  it seem to scan a set and return to 0, then restart scan then 0 in the previous version the scanning process is fast and continuous

Seems you started the cache twice. In this case both caches are queue and the "0 progress" threat is waiting for the other to finish.

previous version the scanning process is fast and continuous

No, you reported that the cache was not working at all without enable werbservice manually. This tells me it never worked in previous versions for you. You just didn't see it, cause there was no error message.

I mentioned in the previous plugin update that I removed several try -> except codes. Artwork cache had one of them which means, you never got a notification that somethings was wrong.

quickmic
9 hours ago, heula said:

Updating to EXPERIMENTAL VERSION 6.0.9 build 36 (ex4 caused problems with syncing my recordings again.

Active recordings and finisht recordings are not showing up. Not when Kodi is open and not after restarting Kodi. Repairing the recordings library also went wrong, nothing happened.

I needed to do a full database reset to get the new added recorded tv shows.

I also noticed that when I manually do a database reset Kodi hangs when it should be restarting or shut down Kodi and after restarting it myself I get a few questions like if I want user ratings enabled etc. but I don't get to choose the Emby server and user and a popup for what libraries I want to add. I need to add my libraries myself.  

I also miss the option "Update library" that was an option in 5.3.4

And the option to reset database, restart Emby for Kodi are only able to use from within the Next gen settings and are not useable as a direct link (favorites) in Kodi. That used to be an option as well in 5.3.4 and was handy from time to time.

Also the Emby settings are not reachable as a direct link anymore for as far as I have seen. I used these links a lot so if the can come back that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

embyserver.txt 798.15 kB · 0 downloads kodi.log 104.54 kB · 1 download kodi.old.log 82.87 kB · 0 downloads

You are affected by a critical bug fixed in the 6.0.9-build 45 (ex4).

Sync queue crashed due to "remove item" error. This is probably the reason thy recordings not synced. "Remove queue" is the first in the realtime update stack, if it crashes it doesn't even start "Update queue" and "Userdata queue".

And the option to reset database, restart Emby for Kodi are only able to use from within the Next gen settings and are not useable as a direct link (favorites) in Kodi. That used to be an option as well in 5.3.4 and was handy from time to time.

Some of them can be enabled if in config menu. Frankly, as you request more easy access to them tells me you are using workarounds on regular basis. -> This should never been the case.

Anyway, I'll add some more functions (optional) in the plugin menu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

quickmic

Another new version available: 6.0.9 build 55 (ex5)

delta changelog:

- artwork cache double start
- add more fucntions to plugin menu
- add update libraries option
- fix multiserver manual db reset
- fix backup restore
- file io changed api

This could be the next beta version, if no major issues reported.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 9/16/2021 at 10:15 PM, t123thomas said:

I am not sure or runs out of logic on why those issues occurred in 6.8, specific I am using this version "plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.4-build 71 (ex12)" non of those issues appear in this. see the screen shots below from movies and Tv shows, both have video settings as "Show Information" and they all play with out issues. Notice the cast and option to play are available.

TV shows.png

Movies.png

Sorry, which skin is this one?

Thanks! 

BaukeZwart

@quickmicI have been experimenting with chapters but can't get it to work.
I tested with a few episodes that I see have chapters in Emby, but I can't get Kodi to skip to these chapters, instead it skips 10 minutes every time using the up and down key. Tested on both Windows and Shield with 6.0.9 build 55 (ex5).
Does E4K sync chapters?

Edited by BaukeZwart

DiscoDuck79
15 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

@quickmicI have been experimenting with chapters but can't get it to work.
I tested with a few episodes that I see have chapters in Emby, but I can't get Kodi to skip to these chapters, instead it skips 10 minutes every time using the up and down key. Tested on both Windows and Shield with 6.0.9 build 55 (ex5).
Does E4K sync chapters?

I tested with one movie and the chapters matched what I could see in MKVToolNix chapter editor. If you check your file with it, does it have chapters?

BaukeZwart

I believe chapters work, my question is are charters set in/by Emby synced.
I checked a file that does show chapters in Emby but not in MKVToolNix chapter editor. I guess the chapters are stored in an Emby db.
It would be nice if they could be synced to Kodi chapters or bookmarks.

Edited by BaukeZwart

quickmic
5 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

I believe chapters work, my question is are charters set in/by Emby synced.
I checked a file that does show chapters in Emby but not in MKVToolNix chapter editor. I guess the chapters are stored in an Emby db.
It would be nice if they could be synced to Kodi chapters or bookmarks.

Chapters are not synced to Kodi, cause it's part of the video stream. I haven't found an option to set bookmarks on Emby server (manually). Not sure is this is supported. Could be external by Emby server plugin...

• Thanks 1

quickmic

@ All

The latest experimental version has still a bug when removing (TV show) items and also multi version videos (sub-content) is not synced/removed on updates. Both will be fixed in next release.

Kodi db resync will be required 🥴

Edited by quickmic

Still having issues with recordings sync and or updates.

Did three test recordings and the active recording never showed up in Kodi. When they were finisht they did not show up automatically.

I tried the "new" update library option and than they showed up so that does work, at least this time because earlier I tried the update library option on another library because one new added tv show (NCIS) did not show up. When the update was finisht that new tv show still wasn't there and another tv show (NCIS Hawaii) that was visible was missing.

They both showed up again after doing the library repair.

All other libraries other than my recordings library update fine so far except for the mentioned NCIS TV show.

Thanks.

kodi.log embyserver.txt

Edited by heula

quickmic
15 hours ago, heula said:

Still having issues with recordings sync and or updates.

Did three test recordings and the active recording never showed up in Kodi. When they were finisht they did not show up automatically.

I tried the "new" update library option and than they showed up so that does work, at least this time because earlier I tried the update library option on another library because one new added tv show (NCIS) did not show up. When the update was finisht that new tv show still wasn't there and another tv show (NCIS Hawaii) that was visible was missing.

They both showed up again after doing the library repair.

All other libraries other than my recordings library update fine so far except for the mentioned NCIS TV show.

Thanks.

kodi.log 1.7 MB · 1 download embyserver.txt 16.62 MB · 0 downloads

I checked your Kodi log.

General:

Several shows reports:

"No series id associated" and or "Skipping empty show"

Also seems you have a NFS issue:

"InputStream: Error opening, nfs://192.168.1.157/volume4/Recordings/Studio Sport Eredivisie/Studio Sport Eredivisie 2021_09_18_22_25_00.ts"

looks this nfs drive is not accessable..

About NCIS:

I see the show was updated:

2021-09-21 17:12:13.056 T:13543    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows.TVShows: ADD tvshow [1/194] 1489375: NCIS: Hawai'i
2021-09-21 17:12:13.138 T:13543    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows.TVShows: ADD season [194/485] Seizoen 1: 1489376
2021-09-21 17:12:13.143 T:13543    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows.TVShows: ADD episode [194/485/6406/6739] 1489377: Pilot

Is the "Pilot" Episode related to NCIS and is it the one not shown in Kodi?

The kodi.log doesn't report any issues at this spot.

Today I got something weird. My new added recordings did not show up automatically again so I tried updating the library, that did not help getting them visible so I did a library repair and there they were all my new added recordings.

The weird part was that in one of my recordings there was a third episode that did not belong there. It was the pilot of FBI international that showed up in the Chantals beauty camper recordings. FBI international was also gone from the library where it belonged.

No idea how but it doesn't go well (yet)

Thanks.

2021-09-23 17.10.38.jpg

2021-09-23 17.11.14.jpg

2021-09-23 17.11.25.jpg

2021-09-23 17.11.36.jpg

kodi.log embyserver.txt

BaukeZwart

I had a similar thing yesterday, I was dl 6 seasons of a new series, when I looked yesterday evening it had downloaded everything except season 4.in season 4 the same FBI int. series was shown. 

This morning after 6 seasons were dl the whole series disappeared from the catalog. This happened on both Shield and fireTV. 

A Kodi reboot didn't fix it. On both systems I needed to do a dB reset including a complete e4k settings wipe. 

Edited by BaukeZwart

quickmic

I assume it has something to do with the remove item bug I reported in one of the earlier postings. New version is almost finished and should be fixed.

The remove bug also affects relabeled files and probably several more cases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

hstamas

Noticing lately that when finishing an episode it is not being marked as watched in Kodi. Watched Loki last night and I see this morning  that it’s not marked as watched even though Emby server says it is.

logs:

kodi.log

quickmic
26 minutes ago, hstamas said:

Noticing lately that when finishing an episode it is not being marked as watched in Kodi. Watched Loki last night and I see this morning  that it’s not marked as watched even though Emby server says it is.

logs:

kodi.log 568.97 kB · 0 downloads

Are you sure Emby server doesn't tag it as watched? Cause I can see in the log it was reported as played:

{'PlaybackPositionTicks': 0, 'PlayCount': 1, 'IsFavorite': False, 'LastPlayedDate': '2021-09-24T23:27:06.0000000+00:00', 'Played': True, 'ItemId': '864949'}

Not sure why Kodi didn't tag it, but this is totally up to Kodi unless emby server doesn't overwrite Kodi. Seems not the case according to the log.

quickmic

New version available: 6.0.10 build 47 (ex5)

- fix add/remove multi video
- fix tv show removal items
- fix tvshow info
- remove vote counts (not support by Emby server)
- remove useless class abstractions

Comments:

DB resync is required.

• Thanks 2

hstamas
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Are you sure Emby server doesn't tag it as watched? Cause I can see in the log it was reported as played:

{'PlaybackPositionTicks': 0, 'PlayCount': 1, 'IsFavorite': False, 'LastPlayedDate': '2021-09-24T23:27:06.0000000+00:00', 'Played': True, 'ItemId': '864949'}

Not sure why Kodi didn't tag it, but this is totally up to Kodi unless emby server doesn't overwrite Kodi. Seems not the case according to the log.

Correct. Emby says it has been played 100%. Kodi says it has not been played, but… if I go to play the episode in Kodi again, it’s asking me if I want to resume playback at some random time point (16:34 in this case).

So Kodi knows it’s been played but thinks not all the way through?  Note that I never stopped playback when watching this episode. I watched it from beginning to the very end.

I’ve seen this behavior  before when using the old E4K and also the PlexKodiConnect addon way back when. I don’t think it ever happened when I use to use  Kodi stand-alone.

quickmic
26 minutes ago, hstamas said:

Correct. Emby says it has been played 100%. Kodi says it has not been played, but… if I go to play the episode in Kodi again, it’s asking me if I want to resume playback at some random time point (16:34 in this case).

So Kodi knows it’s been played but thinks not all the way through?  Note that I never stopped playback when watching this episode. I watched it from beginning to the very end.

I’ve seen this behavior  before when using the old E4K and also the PlexKodiConnect addon way back when. I don’t think it ever happened when I use to use  Kodi stand-alone.

I can check, but actually Kodi is responsible here. e.g. In your kodi.log I saw the incoming update msg from Embyserver but it was rejected by the plugin cause the playback was initiated by the (same) Kodi device.

fyi: next-gen rejects all progress-update-msgs if the playback was triggered by the same (Kodi) device -> prevent (unnecessary) circular/double progress updates. Kodi should be aware of the progress, it actually initiated the playback in the first place and (should) track the progress internally.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New version available:

6.0.10 build 59 (ex5)

Delta changelog:

- add option to reload skin after plugin start -> default = true
- improve music nodes abstraction
- fix photos
- fix homevideo updates

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3