embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

BaukeZwart

@quickmic just had an issue for the second time in 2 days. After watching an tv episode, i manually stopped it during the end credentials. Delete after watch came up, hit yes and the entire serie,  2 seasons with 24 episodes left was gone from the Kodi library. Needed to do a db repair to get the remaining episodes back in Kodi. This is the log taken immediately after it happened. Hope you can find the cause. 

https://paste.kodi.tv/elubexaqel

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Like 1

quickmic
9 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

@quickmic just had an issue for the second time in 2 days. After watching an tv episode, i manually stopped it during the end credentials. Delete after watch came up, hit yes and the entire serie,  2 seasons with 24 episodes left was gone from the Kodi library. Needed to do a db repair to get the remaining episodes back in Kodi. This is the log taken immediately after it happened. Hope you can find the cause. 

https://paste.kodi.tv/elubexaqel

This seems to be a bug, I'll check it. Any pattern?

Edited by quickmic

BaukeZwart
7 minutes ago, quickmic said:

This seems to be a bug, I'll check it. Any pattern?

The only pattern I see is both times it happened with the same series, Suits.

• Like 1

BaukeZwart

This is weird, the above mentioned issue happened when using the Shield box. I tested it now on much slower Fire TV. 

Now the opposite happened, stopped the play, removed the episode with DAW. Now the episode was removed in Emby but Kodi was showing all episodes including the deleted one. Again needed to do a db reset to fix. Could it be a timing issue? 

quickmic
3 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

This is weird, the above mentioned issue happened when using the Shield box. I tested it now on much slower Fire TV. 

Now the opposite happened, stopped the play, removed the episode with DAW. Now the episode was removed in Emby but Kodi was showing all episodes including the deleted one. Again needed to do a db reset to fix. Could it be a timing issue? 

This is a different issue. Kodi only removes the episode after callback from emby server and it's not on the "skip update" list in Kodi. One of the cases triggered the issue. Emby was not reporting the delete (I highly doubt, that's the problem) or the "skip update" list was not updated correctly. Anyway, I'll update the code so the item is removed directly from Kodi db, not waiting for callback from Emby server. This will solve the issue, but not the previous bug.

I'll check the season issue asap.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
5 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

I think I found the problem. question. When the season/tv-show was deleted, was it also deleted from emby server, or just in kodi?

@quickmic

I finally fixed my issue on ONE of my two ATVs (the second one comes tomorrow).
The versions you provided sadly did'nt helped, because i think that the database of android tv home menu channels, was corrupted or already full.
When you google a little bit, thats a common issue on Philips ATVs, it seems.

What i have done is the following:

• Loaded the newest "Upgrade Loader" for my TV from toengels website: https://toengel.net/philipsblog/philips-downgrade-mit-upgrade-loader/
    BIG THANKS TO HIM
    This loader restores the complete TV to factory defaults

• Firmware upgrade to newest version (which was also installed before)
  • Factory reset and setup ATV Apps and TV settings
  • Installed kodi 18.9 (fdroid signed), which was running gefore my crashes without an issue
  • Started kodi 18.9 and let it run for a few minutes during setup of the ATV
  • Goto Home screen channel options at the bottom and untick "Kodi" and "Kodi" under "suggestions" (Meine Auswahl, auf Deutsch)
  • Exited Kodi
  • Restored my 18.9 Backup
  • Added return in Emby 4.x code (like you mentioned)
  • Restarted Kodi
  • ... All is running perfecty fine now ... WIHTOUT A CRASH

My guess is what happend:

• Emby is syncing the whole library
  • Emby is creating the xsp's automatically (currently no option to disable it)
  • Kodi is syncing the library to Android TV's home launcher channels
  • With a big library like mine, the DB was corrupted or full
  • -> Leading to the crash's i had

So here is my feature request:

• Please add an option in Emby next gen 5.X and 6.X for creation of smart playlists (xsp's)
    The default Value should be: DISABLED, just to prevent that issue from happening for me and other ATV Users

What do you think about my guess what happened and my feature request?

Thanks a lot
pOpY

Edited by popy
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
7 hours ago, popy said:

@quickmic

I finally fixed my issue on ONE of my two ATVs (the second one comes tomorrow).
The versions you provided sadly did'nt helped, because i think that the database of android tv hoime menu channels was corrupted or already full.
When you google a little bit, thats a common issue on Philips ATVs, it seems.

What i have done is the following:

• Loaded the newest "Upgrade Loader" for my TV from toengels website: https://toengel.net/philipsblog/philips-downgrade-mit-upgrade-loader/
    BIG THANKS TO HIM
    This loader restores the complete TV to factory defaults

• Firmeware upgrade to newest version (which also installed before)
  • Factory reset and setup ATV Apps and TV settings
  • Installed kodi 18.9 (fdroid signed), which was running without an issue before
  • Started kodi 18.9 and let it run for a few minutes during setup of the ATV
  • Goto Home screen channel options at the bottom and untick "Kodi" and "Kodi" under "suggestions" (Meine Auswahl, auf Deutsch)
  • Exited Kodi
  • Restored my 18.9 Backup
  • Added return in Emby 4.x code (like you mentioned)
  • Restarted Kodi
  • ... All is running perfecty fine now ... WIHTOUT A CRASH

My guess is what happend:

• Emby is syncing the whole library
  • Emby is creating the xsp's automatically (currently no option to disable it)
  • Kodi is syncing the library to Android TV's home launcher channels
  • With a big library like mine, the DB was corrupted or full
  • -> Leading to the crash's i had

So here is my feature request:

• Please add an option in Emby next gen 5.X and 6.X for creation of smart playlists (xsp's)
    The default Value should be: DISABLED, just to prevent that issue from happening for me and other ATV Users

What do you think about my guess what happened and my feature request?

Thanks a lot
pOpY

Thank you very much for the investigation, that's a very device specific issue and almost impossible to test with my hardware.

Yes, I'll add the feature to both version 5.x (beta) and 6.x experimental. I don't wanna push it in 5.x stable yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Thank you very much for the investigation, that's a very device specific issue and almost impossible to test with my hardware.

Yes, that'a the same i tought 🙂 When other vendors will implement Ambilight (after philips/tpvision patents runned out) my next tv will be no philips for sure!
That's the second time in 3 years i had to factory reset those shitty TVs, and here it comes, the second time with USB Stick Upgrade loader, a normal factory reset from menu did'nt work because some data will remain, THX philips/tpvision. A "normal" user would have bought an new one.... 😞

Also thanks for your support!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Yes, I'll add the feature to both version 5.x (beta) and 6.x experimental. I don't wanna push it in 5.x stable yet.

Thanks a lot, just ping me here if you need someone to test.
My plan is to upgrade one ATV from 18.9 to 19.1 soon (when things have stabalized) and WAF is higher again 🙂

pOpY

quickmic

New beta and new experimental version available
Check info on page 1 for beta changelog

Experimental:

Delta changelog:
- TV-Show pooling (should fix empty shows)
- Fix artwork issues
- xsp playlist optional (configuration menu)
- LiveTV via iptvsimple sync support (configuration menu: sync -> manage libraries), manual Kodi restart is required after sync
- compatibility mode (DON'T USE IT IF THERE IS NO REASON)
- delete after watched (I hope it's fixed, needs some testing)

compatibility mode: changes the pluginID back to "video.plugin.emby" (4.x versions used) instead of "video.plugin.emby-next-gen"
Uninstall ALL 4.x components if there are any left on your device.
Automatic plugin updates will NOT work in compatibility mode and NEVER EVER UPDATE MANUALLY in this mode. THIS WILL BREAK THE PLUGIN AND PROBABLY YOU MUST CLEAN KODI MANUALLY / START OVER WITH A FRESH KODI INSTALLATION.
The compatibility mode can be toggled so you can disable the mode, update and switch back.
Also this mode is not fully tested! Take full a Kodi backup!

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

quickmic

Emby LiveTV/iptvsimple sync:

iptvsimple must be enabled before sync. If you forgot that, next-gen will crash. -> Restart Kodi, enable iptvsimple -> sync -> restart Kodi again

There is limited support for radio sync (at least for m3u playlists/TV Tuner on Emby server). Emby seems to tag all TVChannels as "video".

Currently the channel name must include a tag "(radio)" as indicator. e.g. "My radio broadcaster (radio)" otherwise all channels are synced to TV.

Also epg updates are not automatically refreshed -> comes in one of the next versions.

Recording is only supported via iptvsimple addon functions (Emby server will not record anything, iptvsimple handels the job). Not sure if this can be changed in one of the next versions.

Also seems there is a bug -> no advanced EPG infos available. I'll fix that in next version.

Edited by quickmic

hstamas
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

Experimental:
- LiveTV via iptvsimple sync support (configuration menu: sync -> manage libraries), manual Kodi restart is required after sync

@quickmiccould you briefly explain the use for this feature? I’m aware of what the iptv simple client does but I’m  not understanding what having the sync ability within EFK does exactly? 

BaukeZwart

delete after watched  is not fixed, watched 5 episodes tonight, all 5 where deleted in Emby but still appeared in Kodi. 

Again a db repair was needed. 

• Thanks 1

quickmic
6 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

delete after watched  is not fixed, watched 5 episodes tonight, all 5 where deleted in Emby but still appeared in Kodi. 

Will check again, at least the whole season/TVshow wasn't deleted.

quickmic
8 hours ago, hstamas said:

@quickmiccould you briefly explain the use for this feature? I’m aware of what the iptv simple client does but I’m  not understanding what having the sync ability within EFK does exactly? 

It generates an playlist (m3u) and an epg file based on LiveTV content from Emby server.

.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/temp/livetv.epg

.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/temp/livetv.m3u

Both files are added into iptvsimple configurations, that's it.

In one of the next versions I'll change the approach to a "direct" database update and skip the iptvsimple config changes.

livetv databases in Kodi are:

.kodi/userdata/Database/Epg13.db

.kodi/userdata/Database/TV38.db

quickmic
7 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

I found the problem, it's not actually related to delete after watched option. It's a general bug in the remove items code no matter if delete via Emby server or via Kodi's options.

I'll fix it soon, I just perform final tests..

• Thanks 1

quickmic

new experimental version uploaded:

Delta changelog:

- livetv stream init changed
- livetv epg fix
- fix item removal

• Thanks 1

@quickmic

Thx for the xsp feature. 

Just a little question to this: is it disabled (no xsps would be created by default)?

Don't want to mess up my ATV again on update 😂

Thx a lot

quickmic
1 minute ago, popy said:

@quickmic

Thx for the xsp feature. 

Just a little question to this: is it disabled (no xsps would be created by default)?

Don't want to mess up my ATV again on update 😂

Thx a lot

Yes it is, but anyway. Take a full backup first if I screwed up.

hstamas
7 hours ago, quickmic said:

It generates an playlist (m3u) and an epg file based on LiveTV content from Emby server.

.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/temp/livetv.epg

.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/temp/livetv.m3u

Both files are added into iptvsimple configurations, that's it.

In one of the next versions I'll change the approach to a "direct" database update and skip the iptvsimple config changes.

livetv databases in Kodi are:

.kodi/userdata/Database/Epg13.db

.kodi/userdata/Database/TV38.db

I understand now. Thanks

Curious to see if this will work with the @punktchen’s  VirtualTV add on? Will have to give it a go.

quickmic
48 minutes ago, hstamas said:

I understand now. Thanks

Curious to see if this will work with the @punktchen’s  VirtualTV add on? Will have to give it a go.

Should work, yes.

hstamas
10 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Should work, yes.

Installed and it did sync but playback won’t start. It thinks it’s playing as indicated by the now playing message but nothing on screen. That eventually goes away without any error message. Tried both native and direct sync methods.

The VirtualTV add on also has the option to export xml data and I tried importing into Simple IPTV with the same results. I have heard that others are able to get this work so I’m not sure what’s different in my setup?

Kodi log attached if it helps.

kodi.log