embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

BaukeZwart
14 hours ago, quickmic said:

@t123thomas and @BaukeZwart

I see the problem. I forgot to update the beta repo addon.xml. It's still the 5.2.06 version in beta repo. I'll fix it.

Please update again from beta repo as soon as you can see 5.2.07.

Tonight I tried both the suggested 5.2.07 build from the beta repo and the experimental 5.2.8-build 2 (ex1) build. Neither of them have delete after watch working.
The last working version seems to be 5.2.07-build 233 (ex38). On the later builds the delete popup never appears after the show ends.
Please let me know if you need a Kodi log.

• Like 1

djhifi

@quickmic How are you doing my friend?

I have checked 5.2.07 notes and saw 
Static nodes opimized
Dynamic nodes opimized

Do they have (also) anything to do with at this issue (reported here, by me, March 25th):

2 - (can you try and reproduce this?): Creating a widget inside KODI and pointing it to Recently Added TV Shows but using the nodes from inside the Emby for KODI (so, going into "Addons > Video Addons etc) instead of "Video Library" does not make it work correctly, episodes are badly named (random numbers only instead of titles), almost as if we were browsing a playlist.

I found this out yesterday, since I create TV Shows and Anime menu entries in my KODI, and point them to the 2 dynamic listings seen by E4K when using widgets.

PS: This was working before, not like the current status.

PPS: If you need print screen of what I'm explaining, please say. But it can be easily reproduced.

link to my full post: embyforkodi 5.X.X support - Page 52 - Kodi - Emby Community

PS: My repo is not showing 5.2.07 I have to manually update it. I've done a manual update of an experimental version in the past, but thought that after placing the current version on my KODI, repo would pickup sequential releases. Seems not?

Edited by djhifi

quickmic
12 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

Tonight I tried both the suggested 5.2.07 build from the beta repo and the experimental 5.2.8-build 2 (ex1) build. Neither of them have delete after watch working.
The last working version seems to be 5.2.07-build 233 (ex38). On the later builds the delete popup never appears after the show ends.

Thanks, I'll check it.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
9 hours ago, djhifi said:

@quickmic How are you doing my friend?

I have checked 5.2.07 notes and saw 
Static nodes opimized
Dynamic nodes opimized

Do they have (also) anything to do with at this issue (reported here, by me, March 25th):

link to my full post: embyforkodi 5.X.X support - Page 52 - Kodi - Emby Community

PS: My repo is not showing 5.2.07 I have to manually update it. I've done a manual update of an experimental version in the past, but thought that after placing the current version on my KODI, repo would pickup sequential releases. Seems not?

Reported issue: Do you still have this problem? I can check once again... The pooling (distributed TV-Shows) issue should be fixed, not sure about the widget issue.

Repo:

I don't know how it's updated from Kodi. I also habe to update the repo mnually, to get the new version (emby-kodi-repo autoupdate enable/disable/toggle should force a refresh).

quickmic
17 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

Found the problem, I'll fix it in next version.

• Thanks 1

dml33

Hi.

My Coreelec device upgraded tonight to 5.2.07 and it could not connect to the Emby Server any more...

I am pasting the Kodi log.

I manually upgraded to new beta 5.2.8 and it did not connect either.

I had to get former 5.2.06 from github and install it manually so everything worked fine again.

What happens with 5.2.07 and 5.2.08? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

quickmic
7 hours ago, dml33 said:

Hi.

My Coreelec device upgraded tonight to 5.2.07 and it could not connect to the Emby Server any more...

I am pasting the Kodi log.

I manually upgraded to new beta 5.2.8 and it did not connect either.

I had to get former 5.2.06 from github and install it manually so everything worked fine again.

What happens with 5.2.07 and 5.2.08? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Thanks for reporting, I'll fix it in next update.

heula

With the latest 5.0.08 experimental I get a select user screen every time.

quickmic

I'll release a new experimental version in the next days. Meanwhile please switch back to beta version.

amb13

Hi

In the latest beta 5.2.07 the node for next episode acts a bit strange with regard to labels in kodi. Labels like ListItem.Title and ListItem.TvShowTitle returns no value. See the attached picture. both are widgets/nodes from emby-next-gen.kodi.thumb.png.b4d4161e62cb8185561c7a2b83e4d2f0.png

Edited by amb13

quickmic
3 hours ago, amb13 said:

Hi

In the latest beta 5.2.07 the node for next episode acts a bit strange with regard to labels in kodi. Labels like ListItem.Title and ListItem.TvShowTitle returns no value. See the attached picture. both are widgets/nodes from emby-next-gen.kodi.thumb.png.b4d4161e62cb8185561c7a2b83e4d2f0.png

Please check the plugin config -> dynamic lists. Enable all option, and see if it helps.

quickmic

New version available:

changes:

bdmv playback
websocket issue

some sync bugfixes and api improvements

delete after watched fixed

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

amb13
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Please check the plugin config -> dynamic lists. Enable all option, and see if it helps.

Tried enabling all those, no change. I also tried 5.2.06 again and all listitem infolabels works great for "next episodes"

In 5.2.07 I can get listitem.duration, listitem.size and listitem.path to work, but not listitem.Title, listitem.TVshowTitle, listitem.date etc. Kinda seems like it's the metadata that's not cooperating.

listitem.label also for some reason get the episode title, but this one behaves a little bit different from other places as it does not give the season and episode number.

As I said this is only for "next episodes", "in progress episodes", "recently added episodes" works great.

• Like 1

dml33
On 5/18/2021 at 6:59 AM, quickmic said:

Thanks for reporting, I'll fix it in next update.

Hi.

I tested yersterday night the latest experimental version you uploaded:

https://kodi.emby.media/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.8-build 23 (ex5).zip

and I have the same error: I cannot connect to server.

Then, I went back to 5.2.06 and it worked perfectly again.

quickmic
56 minutes ago, dml33 said:

Hi.

I tested yersterday night the latest experimental version you uploaded:

https://kodi.emby.media/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.8-build 23 (ex5).zip

and I have the same error: I cannot connect to server.

Then, I went back to 5.2.06 and it worked perfectly again.

can you send me a log please

quickmic
18 hours ago, amb13 said:

Tried enabling all those, no change. I also tried 5.2.06 again and all listitem infolabels works great for "next episodes"

In 5.2.07 I can get listitem.duration, listitem.size and listitem.path to work, but not listitem.Title, listitem.TVshowTitle, listitem.date etc. Kinda seems like it's the metadata that's not cooperating.

listitem.label also for some reason get the episode title, but this one behaves a little bit different from other places as it does not give the season and episode number.

As I said this is only for "next episodes", "in progress episodes", "recently added episodes" works great.

I found the problem, will be fixed in next version.

quickmic
34 minutes ago, dml33 said:

Are you sure the first log is from build 23? The issue in the log came from an older version, and was fixed in build 23... this one:

import socketserver as SocketServer

quickmic

New version available.

Only fix is the title issue for next episodes

@amb13 please perform a test

amb13
33 minutes ago, quickmic said:

New version available.

Only fix is the title issue for next episodes

@amb13 please perform a test

Hi. Thanks.

Tried emby-next-gen-5.2.8-build 26 (ex5) but don't see any change in the behavior. Still the same results.

quickmic
1 minute ago, amb13 said:

Hi. Thanks.

Tried emby-next-gen-5.2.8-build 26 (ex5) but don't see any change in the behavior. Still the same results.

ok, which skin are you using?

quickmic
17 minutes ago, amb13 said:

Latest release of Arctic horizon

What widget option (view mode) are you using? I can see, the TV-Shows title is still missing, but the Episode title is visible here.

Screenshot from 2021-05-19 19-39-17.png

Edited by quickmic

amb13
14 minutes ago, quickmic said:

What widget option (view mode) are you using? I can see, the TV-Shows title is still missing, but the Episode title is visible here.

Screenshot from 2021-05-19 19-39-17.png

I'm using Landscape. It has two lines under the picture. One for episode title and one for show name is default. Episode title does show for me as well. It's because it falls back to Listitem.label, which does return the episode title (but not season and episode number as it does all other places). The other line is supposed to be TvShow tile, but it falls back to episode length.

The underlying problem though is just that "$INFO[Listitem.TvshowTitle]" and similar does not return anything for episodes in this node. If I edit the skin to show tv show title it says "No information available".

kodi2.png

Edited by amb13
  • Like 1

quickmic
5 minutes ago, amb13 said:

I'm using Landscape. It has two lines under the picture. One for episode title and one for show name is default. Episode title does show for me as well. It's because it falls back to Listitem.label, which does return the episode title (but not season and episode number as it does all other places). The other line is supposed to be TvShow tile, but it falls back to episode length.

The underlying problem though is just that "$INFO[Listitem.TvshowTitle]" and similar does not return anything for episodes in this node. If I edit the skin to show tv show title it says "No information available".

kodi2.png

Confirmed, I'll perform additional test...

• Thanks 1