embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

bozrdnag

Maybe you are aware, but I just noticed that In Progress Movies seem to be sorted alphabetically by the addon rather than by last played.  This causes an issue where if you have more than 25 In Progress movies then you may not be able to see the most recently played ones in Kodi depending on their title.  I noticed this setting up a widget in Kodi where my In Progress movies weren't the same ones listed in Emby.  I'm able to change the sort method in the widget, but because the addon limits the list to 25 and I have more than that, some of the most recently played are not in the list of 25 at all and therefore unable to be listed in the widget.

Also, are trailers still on the todo list?  I am unable to play a trailer for anything.

Nvidia Shield

Kodi 18.9

Addon

quickmic
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I assume you mean cinema mode? -> Trailers should work if you enabled them on emby server.

I forgot to mention: Not available in native mode, only in addon mode.

quickmic
18 minutes ago, bozrdnag said:

Maybe you are aware, but I just noticed that In Progress Movies seem to be sorted alphabetically by the addon rather than by last played. 

Are you using default skin?

bozrdnag

No.  I am using Estuary Mod 2.  The default skin doesn't work well with my library configuration since you can't do much configuration with it.  In Emby I have separate libraries for movies, documentaries and concerts.  If I use the default skin they are all listed together under movies.  Not ideal.

The In Progress issue can be seen by going to Addons>Video Addons>Emby-next-gen>Movies>In Progress.  That is always what I pointed my widget to with the old version and it worked correctly.  There, the results are limited to 25 (which if fine) and ordered alphabetically.  So in my case the latest partially watched movie is Shooter, but I have 47 partially watched movies and by virtue of where it falls alphabetically it is not shown on the list of 25.

quickmic

I'll check that. I assume "Addons>Video Addons>Emby-next-gen>Movies" uses the (emby plugin generated) nodes. I also use Estuary Mod 2 but with my own custom written nodes.

The default skin nodes seems working correctly.

bozrdnag

I just checked and, yeah, the default skin shows In Progress correctly but with concerts and documentaries included in my case.  I think it works because it is using the default Kodi movie node.

Do you have multiple Kodi setups?  If so, how do you share your custom nodes across each instance?  Or do you just configure them on each install?

quickmic

Here are some of my files...

You can use them as a template.

e.g. I have "documentary", "movies" and "formula 1" which are all defined as movies but with different tags. The tags are coming from emby library definitions:

What you have to mod is using you tag id's in the nodes. e.g.

/userdata/library/video/formula1/recentlyplayed.xml

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="2" type="filter" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
  <label>Recently played</label>
  <content>movies</content>
  <path>videodb://movies/</path>
  <icon>DefaultRecentlyAddedMusicVideos.png</icon>
  <match>all</match>
  <rule field="tag" operator="is">Formula 1</rule>
  <order direction="descending">lastplayed</order>
</node>

change the folder structure however you like. /userdata/library/video/MYLIBTAG/recentlyplayed.xml

and change the rule: <rule field="tag" operator="is">MYLIBTAG</rule>

The tag must match emby-server lib ID.

Also modify index.xml

This includes the label as used in skin-mod config.

That's it. The you can browser in skin settings in Kodi to you custom nodes and use them.

3.png

userdata.zip

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
20 minutes ago, bozrdnag said:

Do you have multiple Kodi setups?  If so, how do you share your custom nodes across each instance?  Or do you just configure them on each install?

Not sure what you mean. I have multiple boxes, yes. And I copy paste them ONE TIME. An update or even a kodi DB reset will not delete the custom, cause they not related to the plugin.

bozrdnag

Just curious why you do it that way.  E4K exposes all the Emby video libraries to Kodi, correct.  I always just created a home menu item in Kodi (say Concerts) and point it to Video Library>Concerts (with the Emby icon)>Concerts.  I thought that was part of the beauty of E4K was that I didn't have to go an re-create the nodes/libraries I setup in Emby.  Is there additional benefit to your method that I am missing?

bozrdnag
3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Not sure what you mean. I have multiple boxes, yes. And I copy paste them ONE TIME. An update or even a kodi DB reset will not delete the custom, cause they not related to the plugin.

That's what I mean.  I once tried to setup path substitution to centralize things and eliminate the need to update each box when I added a new node and it gave me issues.  Just curious how you managed it.

bozrdnag

I am noticing an issue.  While we've been discussing this I've been rewatching a TV series (all episodes already marked as watched).  A few times now I have stopped the episode to check on something in Kodi so I could reply here and when I go back, the episode is marked as unwatched with np resume point. Two times on two different episodes.

quickmic

You are using addon mode right?

Why you config path substitution?

The nodes not using pathes at all, so doesn't matter.

Just curious why you do it that way.

Because I need extra custom nodes which are not available e.g. Alphabetically subfolder selection

Otherwise large lists are unusable in Kodi due to design flaws. Try to load a list with 20, 30, 40k of items. This can take up to 30Minutes, depending on you config.

Especially, Music lists are unusable without a smart approach.

fyi, not all template files are correct. e.g. documentary is referencing to tvshows what is wrong. I'm not using all those files and some I modded for test cases.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

To sum it up, i'll test the plugin created nodes. There must be an issue, and maybe extent with additional nodes.

bozrdnag
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

You are using addon mode right?

Why you config path substitution?

The nodes not using pathes at all, so doesn't matter.

Because I need extra custom nodes which are not available e.g. Alphabetically subfolder selection

Otherwise large lists are unusable in Kodi due to design flaws. Try to load a list with 20, 30, 40k of items. This can take up to 30Minutes, depending on you config.

Especially, Music lists are unusable without a smart approach.

fyi, not all template files are correct. e.g. documentary is referencing to tvshows what is wrong. I'm not using all those files and some I modded for test cases.

I meant I was trying to use path substitution for the custom Kodi node I created so each Kodi box would see it or any changes to it without having to update each box.  Nothing really to do with E4K.

Understood.  I've never used lists that large.  Larges would be my movies I guess at 2190.  Don't do music in Kodi or Emby.

quickmic

is marked as unwatched with np resume point. Two times on two different episodes.

I think mark as unwatched is correct or not? Not sure how stock Kodi flags such a case. Also not sure how stock Kodi deals with resumes in that case. I've to test.

bozrdnag

You know it's been so long since I've used Kodi's stock library that I really don't know how it handles it.  Either way it would've kept the resume point.

quickmic
1 minute ago, bozrdnag said:

Either way it would've kept the resume point.

I agree, I hope Kodi does it as well. Actually I wanna stay as close as possible to Kodi stock functionality.

bozrdnag

I should note that the same thing does not happen with movies.  If I partially watch an already watched movie it does no get marked as unwatched.  

• Thanks 1

quickmic

Nodes will be fixes in next release.

... looks, it were never in correct order, even in 4.x.

t123thomas
On 1/14/2021 at 8:04 AM, quickmic said:

Try those files...

And yes it's possible for 4 and 5.x. When I've time, I'll create a git pull request. for those modules...

Currently, the added files are only for next-gen.

btw, some spots where already modded. I assume they are not the stock python files.

smartshortcuts.py 16.38 kB · 3 downloads favourites.py 9.29 kB · 3 downloads backgrounds_updater.py 22.26 kB · 3 downloads extrafanart.py 1.24 kB · 2 downloads

Hi sorry to report that these files did not resolved the issues, tested with E4K ver 5.1.2 it appear that Titan MOD skin is no longer compatible the new e4k. I am not sure how to progress from here.

quickmic
3 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Hi sorry to report that these files did not resolved the issues, tested with E4K ver 5.1.2 it appear that Titan MOD skin is no longer compatible the new e4k. I am not sure how to progress from here.

I'll check it once again, and come back to you.

• Thanks 1

hstamas

I cant get you logs atm but I am seeing lots of stuck library updates. Info text onscreen doesn't go away. 

Nvidia Shield 2017

Kodi 19 RC1

Add-on mode