4.5.2.0 install fail again on Synology DS918+

WeeDaz

DS718+ Is not getting updates as well. Have not gotten an update since 4.4.3.0. Using DSM 6.2.3.25426 Update 2.  Can it be manually downloaded?

1 minute ago, Beav said:

DS718+ Is not getting updates as well. Have not gotten an update since 4.4.3.0. Using DSM 6.2.3.25426 Update 2.  Can it be manually downloaded?

Yes it can, in fact that's the new process going forward. Please check out the blog announcement for 4.5:

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Did you see this?

trying Internet Explorer did not work. same result

Google Chrome Browser was the result of my first post, so no.... this has not worked for me.

Kennyb3653 says he had problems installing all packages on DSM. I dont not have this problem.

Edited by WeeDaz
update info

On 10/9/2020 at 10:01 PM, Luke said:

Yes it can, in fact that's the new process going forward. Please check out the blog announcement for 4.5:

Thanks.

Thanks, Luke! That worked great!

Edited by Beav

On 10/10/2020 at 18:05, Luke said:

How much free space do you have?

I have over 600Gb of space left on that drive.

Got it working Luke, For me there seems to be an Admin user login problem.

Edited by WeeDaz
update info

Had the same problem on first try! Looks like the upload to the web ui is stopping before it's uploaded completely. Tried uploading again and this time it worked (918+ uploaded package with Edge Chromium)

4 hours ago, eyeSome said:

Had the same problem on first try! Looks like the upload to the web ui is stopping before it's uploaded completely. Tried uploading again and this time it worked (918+ uploaded package with Edge Chromium)

Thanks for the feedback!

I had the same problem as well today with both PLEX and Emby updates on to my DS918+.  In the past I have only updated via the Synology DSM package wizard but I saw that I was behind in the updates for these two programs comparing what was actually available vs the Synology site.  So after downloading, both PLEX and Emby failed the first time to update my NAS.  A retry for both instances succeeded the second time.  I thought that was a little odd but couldn’t argue with success.  I’ve been using PLEX for a while now but wanted to try Emby which is why I have both running and off of the same DB.  I like Emby and will continue to evaluate on my mobile devices as well as our Roku’s.

20 hours ago, jch said:

I had the same problem as well today with both PLEX and Emby updates on to my DS918+.  In the past I have only updated via the Synology DSM package wizard but I saw that I was behind in the updates for these two programs comparing what was actually available vs the Synology site.  So after downloading, both PLEX and Emby failed the first time to update my NAS.  A retry for both instances succeeded the second time.  I thought that was a little odd but couldn’t argue with success.  I’ve been using PLEX for a while now but wanted to try Emby which is why I have both running and off of the same DB.  I like Emby and will continue to evaluate on my mobile devices as well as our Roku’s.

Hi there, glad to hear it worked. Thanks for the feedback.

Hello, i'm trying to update on a DS218J with no success, it says it is not supported, first i've tried armv7 (all other armv7 models) with a 404 file error... so i tried armv7   emby-server-synology_4.5.2.0_armv7.spk  and then emby-server-synology_4.5.2.0_armv8.spk both says it's not supported...

i'm getting slow performance on a fireTV which i didn't had before 4.5.1

any help is appreciated

23 hours ago, mrkics said:

Hello, i'm trying to update on a DS218J with no success, it says it is not supported, first i've tried armv7 (all other armv7 models) with a 404 file error... so i tried armv7   emby-server-synology_4.5.2.0_armv7.spk  and then emby-server-synology_4.5.2.0_armv8.spk both says it's not supported...

i'm getting slow performance on a fireTV which i didn't had before 4.5.1

any help is appreciated

Re: