Lost channels and TV Guide Data Providers

mark-in-dallas

mark-in-dallas

I'm not sure what happened and why, but I have lost all of my IPTV channels and Guide Data.  There is not a problem with the M3U and I am able to download it and stream in VLC and in Android Live Channels without issue.  When I click on any of the Emby Guide Data Providers -> Map Channels they are completely blank.  When I click on Refresh Guide Data it's now taking more than 15 minutes to complete and when it does the channels are still missing and the channel mapping is still blank.

I have 3 Tuners and 3 Emby Guide Data Providers setup, 1 for my IPTV M3U link, 1 for Locast, and a third for a couple of channels that I placed in a separate M3U file that needed to map to a different guide data provider.

In Live TV the Locast channels and the ones placed in the M3U file are shown and guide data is listed for them, but nothing from the M3U link is shown

I was running on 4.6.0.2 and didn't have this problem until this afternoon.  I then tried switching to the stable 4.5.2.0 but the issue remained, so I went back to 4.6.0.2.  I have restarted Emby and rebooted my computer, modem and router, but the issue remains.  I have verified that port forwarding is setup in the router, and have done everything I can think of to troubleshoot and correct the issue, but I am at a loss.  Any ideas on what the issue might be?

Edited to add:  The Emby Server I am having problems with is installed on a box running Linux Mint 20.  I also went ahead and installed Emby Server on a Windows 10 box and loaded the M3U link and I am able to map the channels in the admin panel, they do stream fine, and the guide refresh takes less than 1 minute..   I then time shifted back to a restore point from Wednesday when I knew everything was working fine, and did get the channels back in the Guide, but they would not stream, the mapping in the admin panel was still blank and a guide refresh still took more than 15 minutes.  Then not much later all of the IPTV channels had disappeared from the Guide again.

embyserver.txt

Another log with debugging enabled:

Debugging-on - embyserver.txt

Edited by mark-in-dallas

mark-in-dallas

I found the problem, but don't know what is causing it:  The M3U link comes from from EPG for IPTV and for some reason seems to be timing out when Emby is trying to connect.  I am able to download the M3U file in a browser on the same machine without a problem, and the link works fine on the Windows Emby install on a different box.

My solution, at least for now is to use xTeVe for channel filtering and sorting instead of EPG for IPTV.  After deleting that tuner and setting up the xTeVe one all is working fine again.

2020-10-10 06:59:10.117 Error HttpClient: Connection to https://epg.best/REMOVED.m3u timed out
2020-10-10 06:59:10.120 Error M3UTunerHost: Error getting channel list

Edited by mark-in-dallas

mark-in-dallas

That's what I thought at first too, but I am able to access the URL and download the M3U file in a browser on the same box, and the M3U link does work fine on a windows box with Emby Server using the same external I.P. 

And, that the channel mapping popups were completely empty for all 3 Guide Data Providers and taking over 15 minutes for a refresh seemed rather odd to me too.

It doesn't really matter anymore at this point though, because I went ahead and configured the M3U in xTeVe and have no need to use that source anymore.

mark-in-dallas

Yep, and I have no clue what.  I don't know why Emby's connection would be blocked but I can access it in a browser.  I do not have the firewall enabled or any software installed that could be blocking it.  Out of curiosity I just tried setting up that M3U tuner again, and it errors with this message:  

There was an error saving the TV provider. Please ensure it is accessible and try again.

Again, it really doesn't matter at this point because I have everything working fine using xTeVe, but I am kind of curious as to what caused that tuner to break and why this Emby Server isn't able to access the URL now.  I do know that its not just that URL that Emby cannot access, because I had another M3U link on the same domain and Emby could not access that one either, but was able to access a valid M3U link on a different domain.   I also know that it isn't the domain blocking my I.P. because I was able to setup that M3U on a Windows box running Emby Server.

For now I'm just going to chalk it up to gremlins.

mark-in-dallas

Just to provide an update if anyone is interested, or may experience similar  issues.

After setting up my M3U link in xTeVe I noticed that Plugin update checks were failing, and that meta data could not be refreshed, so I decided that a little more troubleshooting was necessary.  

I found that the Plugin Catalog page only showed a spinning wheel, and when I tried to ping mb3admin.com no packets were being received.  Netstat showed SYN_SENT results for anything Emby related and nothing seemed to be connecting.  I also found that I could not ping a number of other websites, while others pinged fine.  I did not have any of these problems with other computers on the same network, so I assumed it was something on tht computer blocking traffic, so I decided to try going back to a restore point from before the problems started, but that did not correct the issues.

That I was only having the problem on the one computer and that rolling back to a restore point from before the issue started did not fix it had me a bit stumped.  I next unplugged the computer from my router and connected it directly to my modem, and that allowed me to ping all sites, access the Plugin Catalog and refresh meta data, but caused the Guide Data to take forever to refresh.

At that point I knew that the problem was in the router, but could not find anything in the configuration settings that would cause the issues, and I did not have any of those issues on another computer that also had Emby installed.  I thought that maybe changing the I.P. address the computer was on might help, but it did not.  I then factory reset the router, installed the latest firmware  and reconfigured everything again, only to have the same issues.

Luckily, I have a router that allows for third party firmware installation, and I flashed DD-WRT and configured it once again, and that fixed all issues.  I still don't know what caused the issues to arise and why the newest firmware and a factory reset of the router didn't fix it, but switching to DD-WRT did, but at least it is fixed now.

Edited by mark-in-dallas