Shut down option missing restart

clarkss12
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

clarkss12

Running beta 4.6.0.2 and there is only a shut down option, no restart 1627682474_shutdownoption.thumb.jpg.27553f04c74199f544449f373215fd15.jpgoption.  Been that way for awhile.

Edited by clarkss12

Netfool
On 10/9/2020 at 10:35 AM, Luke said:

Built-in restarting is not yet supported on android.

True, but it would be really useful to be able to SAFELY shut down the server from the Android Emby Client on the NVIDIA Shield.
Right now you need a computer or a tablet sitting by the TV to safely do a Shield restart.

Yes...    you can shut it down from the Emby Server app on the Shield, but you can't do that safely because you can't see if there are scheduled tasks running that could corrupt the server installation if interrupted. 

• 1 year later...
FredrikT

I'm very interested in a restart function as i have an old Nvidia Shield dedicated to remote users for transcoding. So it's a hassle to get to where the Shield is, connect/power on a display, get the remote, and start the app again. Maybe if I did a shutdown of Emby from the GUI, then I could wait a few minutes then power toggle the Nvidia Shield remotely through a smart power plug?

One option would be to enable running Emby Server at startup and then you can just reboot the Shield itself.