No option to unlock

peanut369

peanut369

Hi all.

Just reporting a bug on the MacOS port.  It doesn't allow the user to unlock the app. 

I've got an Apple ID linked to 3 devices (iPhone / iPad / Mac)

The app unlock has been purchased on the iPhone, and I'm able to unlock the app on my iPad too.  But the menu is different on the Mac app. It's like all purchase/restore functions have been removed?

Eg... below is a screenshot comparing the mac version to the ipad version.

-----------
MacOS:

unknown.png

unknown.png

vs

iPad

unknown.png

unknown.png

• 4 weeks later...
jedicanna
On 10/10/2020 at 23:37, Luke said:

Hi there, thanks for reporting. We'll take a look.

The issue is still there on the latest MacOS version - 1.9.9 (2). The only option is to pay for the monthly Emby Premiere, which I don't want to do. How soon will this be resolved? Also, will this classed as a separate in app purchase to the iOS and TVOS apps that I've already paid to unlock?

Thanks

peanut369

Yep, issue still there. It's a shame. I've not tested on Apple TV to see if it happens there too. 

Would it be possible for this to be looked into for the next  release, please? Seems  a shame to pay for the unlock and not get it on MacOS

• 5 months later...
ming0809

I have the same issue here, it's a shame that this issue has been existed more than 6 months! pls help to sort out.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
DruTheFu

Long time user, few time poster.

I've purchased to unlock this app a number of times on different devices, both on my iphone, my 2 kids' iphones, and a couple of Android based devices we use.  I was hoping that with Family Sharing across our iOS devices, I would only need to pay to unlock once, but that was not the case and for another thread.  But for some reason, I am now unable to play any media from my MacBook that I was previously able to do.  It seems that some update disabled playback ability unless I sign in with Emby Premiere.