MP4 not working

y3knik

y3knik

Hello!

I have a new Emby server setup in docker on Lubuntu 20.04 LTS. It looks like I am unable to play any mp4 files through this server on Chrome, Brave or the android app. I have uploaded debug logs of my attempted playback.

On the client side, nothing happens. The screen shows the backdrop with the loading icon spinning, but no progress is made. 

hardware_detection-63737765677.txt embyserver.txt

Hi, are you sure you tried to play during the time of that console log? There's not much there.

y3knik

I did yes. I hit the play button, the backdrop is loaded and the loading indicator is spinning, however nothing is happening.

Uploaded a new set of logs just in case. I can see in the one that the last line is playing url to show that it tried, but then, it just stays there and nothing happens. I let the circle spin for 3 minutes before uploading the log s this time around.

192.168.1.87-1602176601124.log

At this point there's nothing obvious here. Where is your media stored? Can we look at a log example from android? Thanks.

y3knik

They are stored on a NAS mounted on Linux via NFS. It looks like the server simply freezer as soon as it encounters MP4 files to me which could lead to not a lot of logs available. I am open to whatever other troubleshooting you need me to do.

I am happy to get the logs for Android, can you link me to instructions to do so please?

1 minute ago, y3knik said:

Mounting directly on Emby with \\ipaddress\folder name works. Seems like the issue might be limited to NFS.

What do you mean directly? What path did you add to Emby?

In the not working scenario, I have NFS mounted in Ubuntu and then on emby I am pointing to the mount point. The image is my docker configuration. In emby, I simply point the movie library to /movies. 

image.thumb.png.634da7ff274e6a269948644a643db28f.png

The emby configuration that worked:

image.thumb.png.1451137b079e82a044296dade64f43c9.png

I would still suggest mounting to the local system first, but configure the mount to use cifs rather than nfs.

That also works. I mounted on Ubuntu via CIFS and then gave emby the file system folder. Seems like whatever issue I am running into is a NFS only problem.

Can I ask why you suggest mounting to the local system first?