emby-server-synology_4.5.2.0_x86_64.spk cannot be installed

Rahotep

Rahotep

Hallo an Alle, 
ich habe eine DS214play. In dieser ist ein Intel Atom Prozessor verbaut. Und versuche emby-server-synology_4.5.2.0 zu installieren. Aber das funktioniert nicht. 
Es kommt folgende Fehlermeldung: 
Dieses Paket wird auf der Plattform nicht unterstützt  oder ist nicht kompatibel mit der aktuellen DSM-Version.

Ich alle im Bereich Download zur Verfügung stehende SPK Dateien ausprobiert. Keine hat sich installieren lassen.

Installiert ist auf meiner DS214play die DSM-Version 6.2.3-25426-Update 2. Das ist die aktuelle Version. Und der Emby-Server 4.4.3.0. 

Vor der Installation habe ich den Emby-Server gestoppt.

Was mach ich falsch?

Edited by Rahotep

Rahotep

Hello everyone,
i have a DS214play. An Intel Atom processor is built into this. And try to install emby-server-synology_4.5.2.0. But it does not work.
The following error message appears:
This package is not supported on the platform or is not compatible with the current DSM version.

I tried all the SPK files available in the Synology download area. None could be installed.

DSM version 6.2.3-25426 update 2 is installed on my DS214play. This is the current version. And the Emby server 4.4.3.0.

Before installing, I stopped the Emby server.

What am I doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated our website with X86 instructions:

https://emby.media/synology-server.html

For now, this directs you to our old installation process:

https://emby.media/synology-server-legacy.html

This will work just fine with your NAS, but it will be limited to Emby Server 4.4.3, not 4.5.X. We are working on making the latest version of Emby Server compatible with X86. Thanks.

Just now, GaStEmby said:

I am right, i have to uninstall Emby manuell and then following the install instructions (https://emby.media/synology-server-legacy.html)?

Settings will be lost for this way?

If you have installed 4.5 then yes you'll need to uninstall in order to go back to 4.4.3. You may lose some settings, yes. Apologies for the disruption.

Racing88

Ja, ich habe allerdings eine DS3617xs.

Nachdem ich die Rechte für den Benutzer Emby angepasst habe funktioniert alles wunderbar.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, eosDK said:

It did not work on my DS710+. I get this error during upload: "This package is not supported on the platform of DiskStation"

What package did you try to install?

alucryd

Could you give the beta a try instead? I don't think the stable had this NAS in the compatibility list: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.0.4/emby-server-synology_4.6.0.4_x86_64.spk

If it doesn't work we'll need to figure out how synology is really calling it internally.

Edited by alucryd

emby-server-synology-mono_4.6.0.4_x86.spk gave me the "This package is not supported on the platform of DiskStation" error upon uploading to Package Center.

Both emby-server-synology_4.6.0.4_x86_64.spk AND emby-server-synology_4.5.2.0_x86_64.spk uploads fine, but returns the "Invalid file format" when hitting 'apply'.

Any help is greatly apreciated! :-)

Emby 4.4.3.0 on Synology DS710+ with DSM 5.2.5967 update 9,  Windows 7 PC, Android 10 on OnePlus 7T Pro, Android 9 on Lenovo M10 FHD Plus, Chromecast 3 firmware 1.49.226077 on Samsung Smart TV UE46H7005S

CaptureAPPLY-ERROR.PNG

alucryd

Thanks for the feedback. The mono package is for x86 devices, called "evansport" by Synology, so it's not supposed to work for you.

Your DS710+ model is called "x86" by Synology, but is actually x64 , short for x86_64, and they seem to have realized their mistake too late as there is some special handling for x86 in their build script (same as the old armv5 platforms actually). We have x86 listed in our compatibility list for the x64 package, but for some reason I can't put my finger on it doesn't seem to be enough. I'll try to find some existing package targeting your system, see if I can extract the right platform name from it.

Edited by alucryd

alucryd

Is this better? https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.0.4/emby-server-synology_4.6.0.4_x86_64.spk

It seems synology's handling of this platform is flawed, and it looks like synocommunity is working around the bug by adding the generic "x86_64" alias to their packages. I took a page off of their book and did the same.

alucryd

Wait, you're on DSM 5.2? 6.0 is not available on this NAS? This might be an issue, we're requiring 6.0 minimum, and I'm not sure packages built for 6.x can be made compatible with 5.x.