DS920+ can't find package

Sandgorgon
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Sandgorgon

I have been using Emby for most of this year with a DS918+ and it's been great. I had some hardware issues and just switched to a DS920+ and migrated the drives to the new device. Everything migrated successfully except Emby, so I uninstalled it. No I can't get the Emby package to show up in the Package Manager (it's configured to show it). Is there a problem with Emby on the latest DSM or hardware? Help! Otherwise I have to go back to Plex!!

Edited by Sandgorgon

Sandgorgon

Eventually got that to install. Thanks.

Now I am having trouble specifying the folders for any library.

I've tried \\192.169.0.xxx or \\server and that allows me to browse, where I select \volume1 then \Media, but it doesn't let me navigate any further, and when I hit OK, it always says path cannot be found. Please ensure path is valid and try again. 

Still searching online, but very frustrating as it was all working fine on the DS918+ (now on a DS920+)

• Solution
Happy2Play

May need to see server log to see if there are in issues in the installation.

Sandgorgon

I took a quick scan through one of the logs and found this. 

Background information - this is Day 1 of my using this DS920+. My DS918+ failed and I've installed the drives in the 920 and migrated it. The Emby package failed in it's migration, so I've installed the version mentioned above. Are the access rights to my media library not what they were on the 918? Maybe I need to change them again? I'll go check after I post this. Thanks for your help

Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/Media' is denied.
---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init()
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1..ctor(String directory, Boolean isNormalized, EnumerationOptions options)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateFileSystemInfos(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive)
at MediaBrowser.Api.EnvironmentService.GetFileSystemEntries(GetDirectoryContents request)
at MediaBrowser.Api.EnvironmentService.Get(GetDirectoryContents request)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: System.IO.FileSystem
TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean)
InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
Source:
TargetSite:

• Like 1