ClearQAM

Carlo

Mind if I ask how many stations you get this way and roughly how many are in HD?

kanipek
14 hours ago, cayars said:

Mind if I ask how many stations you get this way and roughly how many are in HD?

16 HD 51 SD and 50 Music Choice. That is using basic lifeline service. The next level up includes SD versions of all the popular/commone cable networks so another 50ish channels.

Edited by kanipek

That's pretty good.  If you don't mind me asking what cable provider do you have?

Are these Prime tuners with the cable cards?

kanipek
30 minutes ago, cayars said:

That's pretty good.  If you don't mind me asking what cable provider do you have?

Are these Prime tuners with the cable cards?

It is a local CATV provider. Not one of the big monopolies.

That is from a HDHR Connect. I did have a Prime with CableCard also when I was a higher tier subscriber - Basic + I think they call it. Got the HD versions of all those popular cable channels using it no DRM so it was nice.

2 hours ago, kanipek said:

It is a local CATV provider. Not one of the big monopolies.

That is from a HDHR Connect. I did have a Prime with CableCard also when I was a higher tier subscriber - Basic + I think they call it. Got the HD versions of all those popular cable channels using it no DRM so it was nice.

Have you thought of hooking the Primes up and using them for ClearQAM as well without the cable card?

kanipek
13 hours ago, cayars said:

Have you thought of hooking the Primes up and using them for ClearQAM as well without the cable card?

I actually have one of the 2 primes I own setup as ClearQAM. I have a crazy number of HDHR connects got them cheap so there really isn't the need for it, what can I say I like to play around.

• Haha 1