movie not being added to collection

Vidman

On 10/19/2020 at 5:19 AM, Vidman said:

@Luke can you confirm that there has been some fix in 4.6.0.2 that may resolve this mentioned library bug

There aren't currently any changes related to this. For the last couple nights I've been attempting to recreate this situation but haven't been able to. I've been testing by adding multi-version movies, adding those to collections, then renaming the version files so that they become something new.  I haven't been able to get this to happen yet. Once I do then I can look at what improvements could potentially be made.

Luke have you tried a corrupt file? I've seen strange things happen over the years when I file is corrupt and added to collections or playlists and just won't add.

PenkethBoy

@Luke

The problem from my testing is not in the newer servers - you changed the item type in the db at some point - so it does not appear to happen with newish db's since that change

the problem is a historical one - when the addition movies were a diff type to the main movie (cant remember the type number 16 or 18 maybe) they were not deleted when they were removed from the db or the main movie was - they then prevent items being added to the collection - not sure why as never bothered to track that back as editing the db fixed the issue by deleting the orphaned entries.

So you are chasing a ghost if using a new db

I cant provide an old example db - as i have manually corrected my db's

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Yes pretty sure you would need to look at a database of someone still experiencing this issue, as a new database will resolve said issue.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
horstepipe

running into the same.

I store my .nfo and art work within the movie folders. Will removing the library and rescanning it keep my custom genres and custom tags?

PenkethBoy

yes - but easy to confirm - remove one movie - do a lib scan - then add it back with the original nfo - are they maintained

IIRC - removing a library and adding it back will not solve the issue 

horstepipe
2 hours ago, PenkethBoy said:

IIRC - removing a library and adding it back will not solve the issue 

so what will solve the issue 😕 ?

PenkethBoy

two options as outlined in other threads - briefly and not in detail

1. delete old problem items from db(has to be done correctly so all parts are cleaned from several tables)

2. rebuild from scratch (delete.db file - make a backup first - and with emby OFF) turn emby off - delete library.db file - restart emby - run a full lib scan and wait till its fully completed

will have side effects - like no watched data - but than can be restored easy enough

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, horstepipe said:

Okay thanks. In the other thread happy mentioned removing the library would help, too...

Without path changes the odds of removing the library working are relatively slim.  Unless you are verifying the items have been removed from the database also.

Where changing the Path of libraries will write completely new entries.  Even if old paths still exist.  The database will remain corrupted with old entries breaking that old path forever.

• 1 month later...
Vidman
On 10/7/2020 at 5:44 PM, Vidman said:

i have the movie Thor: Ragnorok in my movie library that refuses to be added to my existing Thor collection. running emby 4.5.1 on freenas. or any collection in fact

ok this has happened again with the movie "the dark Knight"  . seems there is definately some bug 

edit: also "Captain amercia"

Edited by Vidman

PenkethBoy

make a backup first - as if this is your first time editing the db - its very easy to stuff up

also the method to clear your error is not "just" delete a record or two - its much more complex than that

good luck

• Like 1

Vidman

i decided to go the nuclear route. i moved my library.db files to a backup folder and restarted emby to rebuild a new library.db . it is still rebuilding now, but already i can see my problem movies are back in their respective collections

3 hours ago, Vidman said:

i decided to go the nuclear route. i moved my library.db files to a backup folder and restarted emby to rebuild a new library.db . it is still rebuilding now, but already i can see my problem movies are back in their respective collections

Thanks for the feedback. Collections will be reworked in Emby Server 4.6 and then this will never happen again.